Gubernyia Nizhniy Novgorod
    Kuzbass Kemerovo
    Dinamo Krasnodar

Yugra Samotlor Nizhnevartovsk
    Neftyanik Orenburg
    Ural Ufa
    Yenisey Krasnoyarsk
    Nova Novokuybyshevsk

• Champion will be crowned after Regular Season without play-off phase probably.

• Interesting move, but understandable as it is Olympic year. Did that do that for the 2012 Olympic season as well?

This is actually a very good question. It is quite understandable indeed for national federations to reduce the number of games and the length of the 2015-2016 domestic season respectively due to the Olympics next year. I am quite sure many leagues were shortened back in 2011-2012, I remember a similar discussion, but as I couldn't remember how any of them proceeded, I decided to dig the archives. Two links might help us find out what happened in more details. The first one is ours. The second one is from the Russian Wikipedia where they still keep all season results. As you can see, they had fewer matches indeed, but they still had playoffs in that season.

• This is actually a very good question. It is quite understandable indeed for national federations to reduce the number of games and the length of the 2015-2016 domestic season respectively due to the Olympics next year. I am quite sure many leagues were shortened back in 2011-2012, I remember a similar discussion, but as I couldn't remember how any of them proceeded, I decided to dig the archives. Two links might help us find out what happened in more details. The first one is ours. The second one is from the Russian Wikipedia where they still keep all season results. As you can see, they had fewer matches indeed, but they still had playoffs in that season.

Ah ok, thanks for the information. I guess every team will work hard during the regular season then, since they don't have the luxury of the playoffs to fall back on.

• Transfers table according Kuzbass

http://kuzbass-volley.ru/content/news/11076/

Hope Nova, Ural, Oilman improve their teams, and Krasnodar and Kamerovo could get some big names as well.

PS: I know it has passed ages, but it was a pitty the relegation of Perm, they did quite okay this year, deserved a better lucky durig play-out tournament.

• National Championship and Cup. The contours of the season 2015/16

In Moscow, a meeting of managers and head coaches of men's clubs in Super League, the main issue was that the draft regulations of tournaments for the season 2015/16.

The project calendar and the regulations was published, and now subject to approval by the Presidium of the IEF. Once again I draw your attention that the information below - this is only a draft, the final decision will be taken by the Presidium.

Russian Championship 2015/16

● Regular season: two-round tournament with 14 teams (November 7 - April 12).

● If the Russian team could not qualify for the Olympics through the World Cup (September 2015, 2 vouchers) or through the continental qualification (January 2016, 1 pass), the playoff championship of Russia will not be because the team will have to prepare May the world to qualification - the last stage of selection in Rio 2016. In this case, the medals will be awarded in the regular season.

● If the Russian team at the World Cup or continental qualification will select in Rio in 2016, the playoffs will be held. Perhaps, in the format "Final Six" or "Final Four".

● The team finished last in the league, will fly directly to the Major Leagues A, and those who will take the 12th and the 13th tournament will hold a transition from the second and third teams "platforms."

Victory Cup 2015 (new event)

● The competition is timed to the 70th anniversary of Victory in the Great Patriotic War. It is mandatory to involve all Super League clubs and major league "A", invited teams from neighboring countries.

● Preliminary stage: teams are divided into five subgroups, where they play two rounds tours (7-13 and 21-27 September). Qualify for the next stage - 16 teams.
    The semifinal stage. Four Quartets, play one round (October 5-7). Exit at the final stage - the group winners.
    "Final Six". Participants group winners of the semifinal stage of the tournament host and winner of the wild card (16-20 October).

● The top two teams of the higher league "A" get a pass to the Cup of Russia.

Cup of Russia-2015

● Preliminary stage: 16 teams - 14 Super League clubs and the two best clubs in the top league "A" rating Cup Victory. Games 4 quartets (25-28 November). Winners go to the "Final Four", which will take place on December 12-13.

The criteria for the distribution of seats in the standings

● It is supposed to leave the old order of allocation criteria in the standings:
    - Points scored (3-point system)
    - Number of wins
    - The ratio sets
    - The ratio of goals

The CEV and FIVB competitions since mid-May 2015 is more important than winning points, but it is changing the rules of international competition is not a directive for national federations.

• I didn't know the right topic to publish this information but there it goes

Another ukrainian player wants to become russian citizen, now it is Tyutlin that is trying to change nationality, weakening even more his NT. I wonder if Iereschenko now that is going to play in Russia will follow the same path

I didn't know the right topic to publish this information but there it goes

Another ukrainian player wants to become russian citizen, now it is Tyutlin that is trying to change nationality, weakening even more his NT. I
    wonder if Iereschenko now that is going to play in Russia will follow the same path

AFAIC Tyutlin is originally from Donetsk, which may explain many things to you. So is Konstantin Bakun. Muserskiy is from Makeyevka, which is a part of the Donetsk agglomeration.

Overall, sportsmen from the Russian semicircle in Ukraine (easy to imagine if you draw an arc from Odessa to Kharkov - whatever is on the right side of the arc) are highly likely to have a "dual loyalty" and switch the nationality pretty effortlessly. This is vastly assisted by Ukrainian sports authorities who essentially excluded volleyball from the list of the valued sports. Say, Ukrainian football league is incredibly strong and pays excellent salary, given the GDP of the country. Athletics receives some substantial support too, so does biathlon - I guess because of the useful skills like shooting. Volleyball is supported worse than say in the UK. Pavlov once admitted that they had to mend their kits(!) whilst playing for the NT. Remember now that the youth schools are still there...

• Do you know where I can find 2014-15 players' stats on Volleyservice?

There is no static link.

The easiest way would be to learn the language of course :) but alternatively you can go here and set your criteria for the time range (starting from 2007 but I think the earliest you get is 2008 championship) and gender (мужчины or женщины). Then you select the competitions you need the stats for, using the checkboxes under "Соревнования". "Чемпионат" is for championship and "кубок" means cup. As soon as you do that, you should be able to select the team on the right-hand side, "Выбрать все" = Select all. Then you click the Continue ("Продолжить") button. This brings you into the list of the games, the top checkbox being the check all. Scroll to the very bottom, press Continue ("Продолжить") again and you're in the player menu. Here you can filter by the player position (Амплуа) and the check all box is again on top. Scroll to the bottom of the page, press Output ("Вывести") and there you go.

Kuzbass Kemerowo - Jenisiej Krasnojarsk 2:3 (25:22, 25:15, 17:25, 13:25, 11:15) stats
    Jurga-Samotłor Niżniewartowsk - Fakieł Nowyj Urengoj 1:3 (28:30, 25:21, 22:25, 20:25) stats
    Ural Ufa - Gazprom-Jurga Surgut 3:0 (25:22, 25:23, 29:27) stats
    Neftiannik Orienburg - Lokomotiw Nowosybirsk 0:3 (18:25, 18:25, 24:26) stats
    Nowa Nowokujbyszewsk - Dinamo Moskwa 1:3 (21:25, 25:23, 14:25, 17:25) stats
    Dinamo Krasnodar - Niżnyj Nowgorod 3:1 (25:23, 25:19, 29:31, 25:21) stats
    Zenit Kazań - Biełogorie Biełgorod 3:0 (25:21, 29:27, 25:15) stats

• Thanks for all the stats. I think this year its Zenit's year again, they have the strongest team, but we will see what happens.

If Dinamo Moscow can click they might have a chance as well.

• Thanks for all the stats. I think this year its Zenit's year again, they have the strongest team, but we will see what happens.

If Dinamo Moscow can click they might have a chance as well.

This might also be due to the fact that Belogorie, Zenit's main rival, had to change their strategy and roster thanks to a decision by the national team's head coach who is also coaching... Zenit Kazan. It will surely be much easier for them to defend their title when Belogorie had to release Grozer so that Muserskiy can spend some more useless time as an opposite and still the German had to be replaced by... Roman Danilov. I really hope they can start showing progress soon so that they will be able to challenge Zenit - a team that is only living around Leon, albeit being the almighty player he is. Their volleyball is ugly because they only set to the Cuban when pressure unfolds and they can be beaten. I keep my fingers crossed for Dinamo Moscow as well in case Belogorie suffocate themselves with this tactic.

• This might also be due to the fact that Belogorie, Zenit's main rival, had to change their strategy and roster thanks to a decision by the national team's head coach who is also coaching... Zenit Kazan. It will surely be much easier for them to defend their title when Belogorie had to release Grozer so that Muserskiy can spend some more useless time as an opposite and still the German had to be replaced by... Roman Danilov. I really hope they can start showing progress soon so that they will be able to challenge Zenit - a team that is only living around Leon, albeit being the almighty player he is. Their volleyball is ugly because they only set to the Cuban when pressure unfolds and they can be beaten. I keep my fingers crossed for Dinamo Moscow as well in case Belogorie suffocate themselves with this tactic.

I feel free to quote an older post by user sherlock powsoff from the transfer thread regarding this Grozer/Muserskiy/NT/Money issues. Sounded and still sounds quite logical to me. And if read it right, Muserskiy eventually played MB versus Zenit.

By the way, Zenits MBs (in total) scored 3/6 in this match :white:

In simple English, what Shipulin said was that yes, this journalist is correct, period. The BS about "the interests of national team and country" has been there for at least twenty years and should be filtered out ideally. E.g. Belgorod played last season with two main OHs that were never meant to be a part of Rus NT; at the same time some ever-young and ever-perspective candidates spent the year polishing the bench. Note that the OHs are a big problem of the NT and everyone knows this. This is not the only example.

Secondly, it IS about the money. The Federation does set the rules of the game but there has been no cases whereby they were able to dictate which position one or another player could play in the club... well, definitely not to the Shipulin's club . Now, Muserskiy may play opp (or back-court opp, just like in 2011/12) if the opp situation is disastrous and this would be obviously sold as the contribution to the NT interests. My feeling is that the MB position is a bigger problem for Belgorod as they always had a bunch of OK-ish opps hanging around. Zhigalov is apparently gone now but I think he was on a loan. Then, there used to be Kalandadze. Roman Danilov is back who used to be very much OK there too. The goss is that Sergei Baranov is also in Belgorod and ready for rock'n'roll - this is if you guys believe in life after death.

• I feel free to quote an older post by user sherlock powsoff from the transfer thread regarding this Grozer/Muserskiy/NT/Money issues. Sounded and still sounds quite logical to me. And if read it right, Muserskiy eventually played MB versus Zenit.

By the way, Zenits MBs (in total) scored 3/6 in this match :white:

I totally concur with powsoff and my post was not heading in any other direction. Of course, he as a Russian would have deeper insights on the whole situation and the genesis of/reasons for some problems. It was clear to me that switching Muserskiy to several positions and selling Grozer would end up the way it is going to end. I remember his post and read it when he wrote it. And I still don't see why Belogorie were compelled to do what Alekno had requested. However, there is one little thing I disagree with. Belogorie have had some good middles, although it might not be the case right now (apart from Muserskiy). And even with a taller OK-ish MB next to Muserskiy, in addition to Grozer in the squad, Belogorie looked much more threatening than Zenit, in my opinion. But the MBs is a problem for Zenit as well, they play with Gutsalyuk, Demakov, Apalikov, and the long-forgotten Kuleshov. Which means that Alekno hasn't invested much in his strategy for great MBs when he has Leon and can rely on him (and to his setters following the coach's instructions and providing him with balls). Could you compare this Zenit to the team Alekno used to build around Lloy Ball?

I didn't watch the Supercup match in Kazan, so I can't say whether Muserskiy played as an opposite. I predict he will play as a back-row opposite only, the same way powsoff predicted. But if he didn't, then why get rid of Grozer?

Last, I like Roman Danilov, he used to be a great universal attacker. But I doubt if he can reach his best level. Right now he is not really impressive.

• I didn't watch the Supercup match in Kazan, so I can't say whether Muserskiy played as an opposite. I predict he will play as a back-row opposite only, the same way powsoff predicted. But if he didn't, then why get rid of Grozer?

Because they can't afford him at the moment ?!