Russia - Суперлига 2015/16

• Because they can't afford him at the moment ?!

I was trying hard to find a different answer but came up to the same conclusion eventually. It might be the only logical explanation. I was thinking in pure volleyball terms and forgot that there are other factors involved, such as money, which powsoff had already implied.

• This is what happens when you have 2 world class OHs. Alekno is placing Leon against setter's block. .
    I hate Kobzar, he makes Mikhaylov totally non-factor!Only 2 balls for him in the first set :sos: He is simply wasted in Zenith with this setter.Leon is always hitting against triple block because his choises are so obvious (when Leon is in front ,he is the only choise)
    Zaytsev must scored 10+ points in the first set alone and it is still counting.
    First set 33-31 for Dinamo .

• Controversial point at the end. Zenit won 3-2.
    Leon is the most dominant player I have ever seen. I don't think Dinamo can play better than this and he single-handedly beat them. Zenit is basically Leon plus 5 other players. Both Anderson and Mikhaylov look so ordinary next to Leon. Even an inspired Zaytsev wasn't enough to beat him.
    I hope we will find a chance to watch much-waited Cuban duel of Juantorena and Leon before it will become too late for Juantorena.

• Monster!
    Against Dinamo, 33 points, 74% :what: So far his attack percentage is 71%, also recording 3 aces per match .

Not really, if you take a look at the reception stats. A decent opp who has to receive.
    The real monster is Phil Voronkov who wrapped Belgorod up in three sets.

• Only decent ? Show me another OPP (!) whose attack percentage is 71%

He already gave you the answer. "Phil" Voronkov, the mighty Jenissej bomber, of course. 75% against Belgorod :super: 8)

http://www.volleyservice.ru/in…me&game_id=3038&Itemid=77 :teach:
    This could still become a veeery tough season for Belgorod.....

Fakieł Nowyj Urengoj - Dinamo Krasnodar 3:0 (27:25, 25:19, 25:20) stats
    Lokomotiw Nowosybirsk - Jurga-Samotłor Niżniewartowsk 3:0 (25:18, 25:23, 27:25) stats
    Gazprom-Jurga Surgut - Neftiannik Orienburg 3:1 (25:18, 23:25, 25:19, 26:24) stats
    Nowa Nowokujbyszewsk - Biełogorie Biełgorod 0:3 (22:25, 26:28, 22:25) stats
    Dinamo Moskwa - Ural Ufa 3:2 (25:15, 24:26, 25:27, 25:22, 15:10) stats
    Zenit Kazań - Jenisiej Krasnojarsk 3:0 (25:17, 34:32, 25:14) stats
    Niżnyj Nowgorod - Kuzbass Kemerowo 3:1 (25:23, 25:23, 15:25, 35:33) stats

Lokomotiw Nowosybirsk - Ural Ufa 3:2 (25:21, 24:26, 25:27, 25:22, 15:12) stats
    Kuzbass Kemerowo - Dinamo Krasnodar 3:1 (25:19, 23:25, 25:8, 25:18 ) stats
    Fakieł Nowyj Urengoj - Neftiannik Orienburg 3:1 (25:15, 27:29, 25:14, 25:13) stats
    Gazprom-Jurga Surgut - Nowa Nowokujbyszewsk 3:1 (22:25, 25:20, 25:17, 25:20) stats
    Dinamo Moskwa - Zenit Kazań 2:3 (33:31, 25:21, 17:25, 16:25, 14:16) stats
    Biełogorie Biełgorod - Jenisiej Krasnojarsk 0:3 (17:25, 25:27, 19:25) stats
    Niżnyj Nowgorod - Jurga-Samotłor Niżniewartowsk 2:3 (25:22, 22:25, 26:28, 27:25, 9:15) stats

1. Fakieł Nowyj Urengoj 3 9
    2. Zenit Kazań 3 8
    3. Lokomotiw Nowosybirsk 3 8
    4. Dinamo Moskwa 3 6
    5. Gazprom-Jurga Surgut 3 6
    6. Jenisiej Krasnojarsk 3 5
    7. Ural Ufa 3 5
    8. Kuzbass Kemerowo 3 4
    9. Niżnyj Nowgorod 3 4
    10. Dinamo Krasnodar 3 3
    11. Biełogorie Biełgorod 3 3
    12. Jurga-Samotłor Niżniewartowsk 3 2
    13. Nowa Nowokujbyszewsk 3 0
    14. Neftiannik Orienburg 3 0

• What do you guys think about the setter from NOVA? He looks very good to me: good choices, good technique, fast and precise balls. His name is Valentin Stril'čuk.

Novosibirsk isn't playing well. The team looks a bit lost on court.

• Zenit lost to Ugra at home, Belgorod in the 13th position - I like this edition of the Superliga, despite of all cons. The lack of cash is very much palpable and some entertaining characters are gone but the competition is much tighter than a year/two years ago. Plenty of tie-breaks, which is a very good sign as for me.

I think the reasons for such an unexpected positive turn is that the big clubs avoided sequestering players from other teams for the sake of "marinating" them on the bench this year. The fat-trimming made it impossible to organise nonsense projects like those behemoth teams in Ufa or Krasnodar. Recruiting no shaky overseas players like Kurek or Ngapeth is a big advantage too and so is a chance given to the talented youngsters. In the end, despite all financial issues, the Superliga managed to keep a number of decent coaches. Cherednik, Grebennikov, Shlyapnikov and Chutchev are, in my view, true drivers of quality volleyball this season. Antonov looks very good too.

• Zenit should have lost to Moscow as well. If you eliminate Leon, you can basically beat Zenit because that's who their setter goes to. Mikhalov could be dominant but he doesn't get as much balls.

I do like that this season is close. Russia has a lot of talented youngsters and they are getting their time to shine. Belgorod is in trouble though, maybe they will only focus on Europe.

Jurga-Samotłor Niżniewartowsk - Kuzbass Kemerowo 2:3 (27:25, 25:15, 17:25, 22:25, 17:19) stats
    Ural Ufa - Fakieł Nowyj Urengoj 2:3 (22:25, 25:14, 21:25, 25:17, 11:150 stats
    Nowa Nowokujbyszewsk - Lokomotiw Nowosybirsk 1:3 (25:23, 23:25, 14:25, 23:25) stats
    Neftiannik Orienburg - Niżnyj Nowgorod 3:1 (25:20, 26:24, 23:25, 25:23) stats
    Zenit Kazań - Gazprom-Jurga Surgut 2:3 (22:25, 19:25, 25:23, 26:24, 12:15) stats
    Dinamo Krasnodar - Jenisiej Krasnojarsk 3:1 (25:22, 22:25, 25:22, 25:21) stats
    Biełogorie Biełgorod - Dinamo Moskwa 1:3 (25:22, 22:25, 17:25, 20:25) stats

Ranking
    1. Lokomotiw Nowosybirsk 11
    2. Fakieł Nowyj Urengoj 11
    3. Zenit Kazań 9
    4. Dinamo Moskwa 9
    5. Gazprom-Jurga Surgut 8
    6. Kuzbass Kemerowo 6
    7. Ural Ufa 6
    8. Dinamo Krasnodar 6
    9. Jenisiej Krasnojarsk 5
    10. Niżnyj Nowgorod 4
    11. Jurga-Samotłor Niżniewartowsk 3
    12. Neftiannik Orienburg 3
    13. Biełogorie Biełgorod 3
    14. Nowa Nowokujbyszewsk 0

• Zenit needs a better setter. When Leon is putting more 'humanly' performance like attacking under 70 % efficiency, they start to struggle.
    Belgorod looks as a hopeless case. Dinamo's OHs are performing better than my expectations. A good draw will lead them to final-four of CL.

• Zenit needs a better setter. When Leon is putting more 'humanly' performance like attacking under 70 % efficiency, they start to struggle.
    Belgorod looks as a hopeless case. Dinamo's OHs are performing better than my expectations. A good draw will lead them to final-four of CL.

Well, Leon is doing his job correctly, not outstanding, but still ok as hitter... Ashchev was only like a cheerleader - only 2 balls to him throughout 4 sets :!: reception is another problem,Kobzar couldn't use MBs more due to poor reception, maybe Mikhaylov should get some more balls :whistle: targetting Leon on reception paid off because his efficiency was lower and Kobzar had hared work to do

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Belgorod looks hopeless only because there is no play-off expected this season and they've lost nine points, which is a bit too much. Otherwise, this kind of start was a typical feature of their worst (2011/12 - ended-up in the play-out) as well as their best (2012/13 - won the League) seasons.

A big surprise for me is Yuri Berezhko. Once a working horse for Dinamo Msk, he then travelled to the benches of Modena, Kazan and Krasnodar just to come back to Moscow in 2014. He had a bunch of various health problems and seemingly was looking forward to a retirement but suddenly displayed signs of recovery in early 2015 when he was able to bench Markin. I must say, Berezhko used the chance given by Biryukov's surgery very well in the four games of the new season. He's Dinamo's best scorer (together with Zaytsev but he's 7% up in efficiency) and has excellent reception stats. Markin is doing well too but not better than last season.

• Well, Leon is doing his job correctly, not outstanding, but still ok as hitter... Ashchev was only like a cheerleader - only 2 balls to him throughout 4 sets :!: reception is another problem,Kobzar couldn't use MBs more due to poor reception, maybe Mikhaylov should get some more balls :whistle: targetting Leon on reception paid off because his efficiency was lower and Kobzar had hared work to do

Kosheleva Leon can't receive, let's put it like that, so the game for Zenit is very much about arranging their reception around the tall wing spikers and the libero. If this works OKish, it is 3:0 and goodbye. If the opponent serves better, than we have a competitive game. I was thinking about Kobzar and Zenit MBs and you know... they don't need middle attack at all. What they have now are two good blockers Gutsalyuk and Aschev, and the youngster Demakov is exactly about the same. Kobzar should indeed work more with Mikhaylov but apparently the two do not get along very well, in all possible ways.

I am unhappy that Ugra gave away a point, should have wrapped it up in three sets. Khabibulin's time-outs were very entertaining:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXT_3z35new