Italy - SuperLega UnipolSai 2015-2016

• Last year I started really bad, then thanks to Kaziyski and Atanasijevic I managed to come up a bit.. let's try to do better this year :super:

Gonna join in the male version this year, although I'm crap at keeping up with the results lol. I actually had a relatively easy time making my team.

• Last year I started really bad, then thanks to Kaziyski and Atanasijevic I managed to come up a bit.. let's try to do better this year :super:

Gonna join in the male version this year, although I'm crap at keeping up with the results lol. I actually had a relatively easy time making my team.

• My first year playing fantavolley. I thin it is really hard to even complete the roster. My team has Russell, Juantorena, Christenson, Lucas, Piano, Pavlov & Colaci :cup:

Congratulations! But your line-up is very expensive, I presume your back-ups are pretty weak :D Let's hope for no injuries :aww:

My Line-up:
    Hieruzzuelo - Hernandez Ramos (Cuban power, I think that together can give me a lot of points)
    Russell - Petric
    Lucas - Zingel
    Pesaresi

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• That's why I think it's so hard! I don't know if I should have the best starting six(or seven) or I should have like a more balanced team between the starters and subs..

Note to Elvis;according to Alekno Pavlov can't jump on two legs. :P

thanks for telling me :drink: I don't know how he's recovering but I really don't know who to choose for opposite...

BTW, do you guys know how the changes work during the season? Can we change the roster or just the starting line-up?

• Tried to not be so obvious this time and have some extra credit to have at least a decent bench. I'm going with Baranowicz-Renan Buiatti, Juantorena-Kovacevic, Lucão-Birarelli and Colaci, with Bratoev, Nelli and a couple of average MBs as backups. I hope Renan and Kovacevic in particular will be able to shine in their newer, smaller teams this season. :super:

• I've never played this game before, my team:
    Setter: Bruinho
    OH: Ngapeth, Sander
    MB: Lucas, Sole
    OPP: Atanasijevic
    LIBERO: Giovi

• I made 2 teams for fantavolley, one with 7 strong players + other players that will never ever play, and one with players which are all supposed to play. Let's see which team will be the best one.

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• DHL Express is our new main sponsor.

@giaval, you've just given me a good idea :)

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• BTW, do you guys know how the changes work during the season? Can we change the roster or just the starting line-up?

You can change until 18th october of course, and there are other "little windows" of time in which the market is open (read the Rules), After the start of the league, coaches will only be able to change players according to the rules: 3 player swaps by the end of the first round of matches (these don’t have to be made at the same time) and 3 during the second round of matches. The player changes cannot be cumulated.

IMPORTANT: those who join afte the first round of matches will nave a limited number of transfers once their roster has been confirmed (by clicking on the "Confirm" button).

Tried to not be so obvious this time and have some extra credit to have at least a decent bench. I'm going with Baranowicz-Renan Buiatti, Juantorena-Kovacevic, Lucão-Birarelli and Colaci, with Bratoev, Nelli and a couple of average MBs as backups. I hope Renan and Kovacevic in particular will be able to shine in their newer, smaller teams this season.

Renan and Kovacevic is a big risk, due to injuries, but your starters are not so expensive, so I you have a good bench. Who are your subs MBs? :thumbup:

Edited 4 times, last by Mamdani ().

• Hi! I'm a newcomer here.

Due to the difference of time zone, it's very hard for me to watch live match. Basically the live match starts after midnight at my local time. Therefore, I need to find the match video on the website to watch.

Would you please show me some website link of Italian Super League mtach video whuch I can watch online or download to my hardware?

Thanks a lot!

• On http://www.sportube.tv/volley you can watch games live and I presume even later after the match. On http://www.raisport.rai.it/ you can watch the games later as well, but if you are not in Italy you have to change your ID with an extension.

• It is obvious Lube and Modena has the best line-ups. I expect to see very determined Juantorena. Lube is also one of the favourites of CL title, if they get enough contribution from OPP position, they will rock.
    Am I wrong or Osmany Uriarte will play for Perugia? It will be a very interesting addition maybe a game changer. Lets see how he will adapt to professional life.

After ECH my predictions has changed. Juantorena isn't even half of the player we watched in Trentino jersey (vanishing service performance ;( ;( ) and OPP position is big question mark for Civitanova.
    Vettori is enough to reduce Modena's chances. Considering how De Cecco and Russell performed in World Cup and Urnaut and Giannelli in ECH, maybe Trentino and Perugia have a chance here.

• Juantorena is not "the Messi of volleyball" anymore, but he's still a great player. Furthermore you have to consider that the plus of Lube is not the line-up, but the bench (probably the longest in Europe. In a season like this (very close matches in 4 months, olympics tournaments etc.) can be a key factor to the victoty. Lube is still the main favourite for the title, then there are 4 teams which (as we all know) has more or less the same chances:

- Modena has a strenght because has the same line-up of last year with an upgrade (Lucas), but weak Opp (Vettori) and weak bench.
    - Trento: very strong team with a lot of very good players, but like Modena the backups are poor and it losts the leadersof the group (Kaz and Bira)
    - Perugia: great team, but poor bench and above all very weak regarding reception and digging (Froome, Kaliberda and Giovi are bad in second line, only Russell is decent)
    - Verona: great line-up, but (again) poor bench.

So, Macerata looks like still the strongest one (not because of the line-up, but because of the roster)

Edited once, last by Mamdani ().

• I am not saying the bench is not important, but it is team chemistry that brings titles. And who will reach its peak at the end of the club season. Modena were considered unbeatable last year and only won the Cup because Trentino with their allegedly weaker roster peaked when it mattered the most. In seasons like this it will be most visible how a coach works. There are prons and cons, of course. On one side, you might have extremely skillful players who decide games because of their skills, but on the other the time for preparation is extremely limited for all and a smart man coaching supposedly less skillful players could build a better group and surprise the less prepared stronger opponents. The bench provides rotation choices indeed, but these configurations might only work at the beginning of the season and not at the end when teams should be performing accordingly. Also, it really depends on the number of injuries, for after all starting players are more or less obvious. And don't forget that a team with a relatively weak bench and very few substitutions but with very strongly knit starting six has dominated international volleyball in 2015 (France).

As the idea of clubs is to reach the peak in February, March, or eventually April, this late beginning of the season after an exhausting NT summer probably guarantees slower start and equal chance for all teams to perform at their best at the beginning of 2016.

• To me it will be between Lube and Perugia.

Christenson will be the crucial player of next Serie A1. If he can play as good as in NT, Lube is simply too strong for everybody. And don't forget now they have a ways better coach.

I see Modena and Trento right behind.

Verona doesn't look that impressive to me.