World Championships 2010

• I think today Russia played a service for Brazil and Bulgaria. Those teams will face tomorrow knowing that if they win, they'll face Cuba and (probably) Spain in the other fase, which is not that tough of a group. Besides, no one will want to take such a shameful tactic, as Russia took. The guys wouldn't jump on the block, in defense they would let all the balls fall, a bunch of wrong serves and attacks, seriously, it wasn't pretty. In the next fase, Russia is probably taking on Serbia now. Let's see what happens.

As for Poland, I know there's a lot of hard polish fans in this forum, who are probably very disappointed. Unfortunately, Poland wasn't beat up because of the formula, but because they couldn't step up when it really counts. Bulgaria had a great performance today, but the fact is that Bulgaria plays pretty much with two attackers. For a tactical such as that, Poland's block failed completely. Better luck next time.

• It's sad to watch a team playing to lose. I hope Russia don't get to semifinal.

Italy, Serbia, Russia - so many unwillinged teams in semi-finals :lol: But somebody has to play there...

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• (ok I know they won the previous group but even in the old formula after two losses they wouldn't have to many chances for good overall standing) .
    Even if they would play Puerto Rico or other team they probably should lost too.

I'm not sure. Such way of thinking is close to sience-fiction...

The most important 3:

• Castellani has just said: "I'm going to resign on Monday" :!: But Polish Fedaration need to accept this decision...
    I think it is a good move by Castellani. i like this guy, but after such a bad result... We dont have to qualify to the next ECh and WCh, so the new coach would have a little bit less stress with his job.

The most important 3:

• this is...a nightamre. i can't believe that we changed so much in 2 days, no fight no spirit tons of silly mistakes absolutly embarassing service...hard to watch really. i can't understand why after huge success in 2006 and 2009 year after we are playing like 3rd world country(no offense).
    Bulgaria played great match . Kazyski and Niklol were unstopable . congratulations.

this WCH is disgraceful, i just watched Spain-Russia...really no words for what Russia did.i have no recpect for teams like Russia or Serbia. in the tie break Russian players were worried that they are scoring points-pathetic

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• this is...a nightamre. i can't believe that we changed so much in 2 days, no fight no spirit tons of silly mistakes absolutly embarassing service...hard to watch really. i can't understand why after huge success in 2006 and 2009 year after we are playing like 3rd world country(no offense).
    Bulgaria played great match . Kazyski and Niklol were unstopable . congratulations.

this WCH is disgraceful, i just watched Spain-Russia...really no words for what Russia did.i have no recpect for teams like Russia or Serbia. in the tie break Russian players were worried that they are scoring points-pathetic

It's really terrible when I watched them.No spirit,they couldn't find the rhythm of the game.But I quite sure that their victory in european championahip was luck.Luck is a important element during these kind of cometitions,not only ability.

Speechless for Russia and Spain.They all wanted to lose in this game. :whistle:

• well it's quite obvious Spain wanted to win, they are not good enough to be sure to win against Egypt who made huge progress recently. so win against Russia is key to advance to next round for them. Russia is different story, they are sure to play next round so they prefer to play in easier group and try to avaoid Brazil

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• I don't agree with You Konrad. If Team has very bad day like Poland today and f.ex. Puerto Rico very good day who will win? I think Team from Caribbean World. But We only can predict now. I hope Czech Republic will be good point in this Worlds.

• 1st set Cameroon 25 - Usa 23

At the end I'm going to like this fucking crazy championship 8o :cheesy:

• Congratualtion to Bulgaria !
    They played simply game but it was good volleyball. I wish you all the best but without middle block attacks it will be hard to be on the top.

mateo - don't cry - we're not as weak as you seen today and not as good as with Serbia - somewhere in the middle ! We were weaker today but it was partly due to no day rest after Brazil match. Of course I think about mental aspect.

By the way - why Italian team as winner of preliminary group has not played matches in Thu-Fri but Fri-Sat :roll:

(we will not see such tiebreaks like Spain - Russia in woman ECH because other formula is used - similar to Olympic Games)

• As I sad few weeks ago Poland have everything... fantastic players, good infrastructure, good coach, unbelievable fans but can't play under pressure. This ''transformation'' is just incredibile. Wlazly was below every level on this WCh, Gruszka slightly better but without opposite player you can't hard matches. No block today, awful serving... but I must admit Poland played fair in first group but in the end their honesty has cost them a better placement :white: but that doesn't count in the end

before last round in first group friend of mine, who is Polish, said : ''Poland is world champion in winning the meaningless matches''