World Championships 2010

• Giba and Bernardinho talked about the game after it.

Bernardinho was mad that the staff of Bulgaria didnt want to compliment after the match...He said...I dont know why he is giving of moralist when he enter the game with all second team. We enter with our first tea, unfortunelty we could not count with Bruno todya, he had fever yesterday and today, I could not risk cause we dont have a second setter. Murilo I decided to rest cause of this calf. The rest the team were there, what I can do, we just cant play with a setter being Theo, he did his best, but he dont train as this position. Of course I'm felling bad, and the supporters has all right to be upset, but I can say we came to go play.

Giba defined as the black tain in his career this match. That everyone is doing that, and making eveyrthing to loose. They saw Bulgaria was not even going inside with their setter and libero, and they were really mad. Everyone is taining the tournament arranging results, and now everyone wants to blame Brasil? Then the journalist asked about the supporters reaction...Giba said, they are italians and they were the ones that made this formula, is their fault. They made everything to give Italy a easy way, so lets see if that happens, lets see if we get them in semifinals. - That were pretty much Giba words.

Honestly, I dont like the brasilian speach, it is not excuse enough. I think Brasil lsot the chance to show they are the best team in the world.

• Hey I watched the match but i didnt notice that Theo was setter.Ahahahahaa :pinch: :D :lol:
    this cant be sport!! İf you want to lose on purpose then take youngest player on the court then see what happens, but with Giba,Dante,Visotto and this comedy game......maybe Brazil will get the cup but what i remember will be this match.

I feel pity for Poland!, congrats Poland team for their courage,fair-play, whatever etc..
    I support Cuba, go Cuba!

• It was embarrassing to watch this game. Brazil played to lose and for me this is unacceptable. Before the game, Giba said that Brazil would never play to lose, but what i saw was tottaly different. Even without Bruno we could play a good game. I prefer to go home like Poland did than lose on purpose. Next week i will not cheer for Brazil.

• Hey I watched the match but i didnt notice that Theo was setter.Ahahahahaa :pinch: :D :lol:
    this cant be sport!! İf you want to lose on purpose then take youngest player on the court then see what happens, but with Giba,Dante,Visotto and this comedy game......maybe Brazil will get the cup but what i remember will be this match.

I feel pity for Poland!, congrats Poland team for their courage,fair-play, whatever etc..
    I support Cuba, go Cuba!

Yeah I agree...to go with reserve teams it is an option, at least they went there and played inside their limitations, but they played. Brasil players, I dont know, dont know if it was angry at the moment that Bulgaria was with second team, or what....but was ugly.

All brasilians are complaining a lot here.

Zorzi gave an interview for Brasil tv saying: I said few days ago Brasil is the best team in the World, I want to take that away. Brasil lost the chance today to show they are the best. I have really respect for Braisl team cause I know them, but today they lost a bitg chance to show they are much more, they have that responsability as the team they are. Ok russia did too, but Russia is another team. Brasil is Brasil, and lost the chance to show that today.

I totaly agree with Zorzi words!

• Giba and Bernardinho talked about the game after it.

Bernardinho was mad that the staff of Bulgaria didnt want to compliment after the match.

If this happend then I'm very happy and proud with the Bulgarian staff! Yes, it is true they played with second team, BUT none of them was attacking, receiving or blocking with the intention of making a mistake, unlike their opponents!

• There are many people bashing Brazil, Russia, USA... The only ones to blame are FIVB and Italian Federation. They are the ones who ruined this World Championship. I think it's too funny some people want those teams to be punished when they are playing with the tournament rules. It is what is and those teams are doing what the tournament allows them to. The Italian Federation and FIVB should have thought about that before doing those rules... As for right now, the public are being punished watching those kind of games. I just can't believe I wait 4 years to see a World Championship like that. Congrats to both FIVB and FIPAV!!!

At least right now we'll finally have a true World Championship, so let the games begin

• Usually I don't care much about men volleyball but this whole tournament turns out to be a big joke. Poland going home as "reward" for winning all matches in 1st round. Russia losing on purpose against Spain, Serbia losing on purpose against Canada, Brazil and Bulgaria both playing to lose (I watched 1st set of the match and then turned off, it looked like a 2nd league match to me :thumbdown: )
    It is easy to blame the competition formula and I agree that it is bad, but the teams' response should be to play every match to win to be champion in the end instead of taking the "offer" from the formula and lose matches on purpose :thumbdown:

• I'm so sad what Brazil do.... :down:

Team that want to be a CHAMPION of the WORLD must have WIN ALL other Nations! :thumbup:

And other.. Brazil NT OPEN your eyes.. because for lose to Chech Republic and Germany... HAPPENS! :huh:

[img=http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9631/braitajq5.th.jpg]

"FIRE IN THE EYES" - THIS IS BRAZIL" :D

• Of course FIVB rules are ridiculous, but is to late to complain now, I dont think that having the rules are excuse! the rules are there, but the decision to win no matter what or not it is yours.

I just hope brasilians players now calm down and think and see they made a mistake. They made a bad decision. I jsut hope they are men enough to assume that. ACuse of course also that they are aloud to make bad judgemnts, and bad decision, I jstu wish they can see they made a mistake and ask sorry....only liek that they will win my respect back.

• Usually I don't care much about men volleyball but this whole tournament turns out to be a big joke. Poland going home as "reward" for winning all matches in 1st round. Russia losing on purpose against Spain, Serbia losing on purpose against Canada, Brazil and Bulgaria both playing to lose (I watched 1st set of the match and then turned off, it looked like a 2nd league match to me :thumbdown: )
    It is easy to blame the competition formula and I agree that it is bad, but the teams' response should be to play every match to win to be champion in the end instead of taking the "offer" from the formula and lose matches on purpose :thumbdown:

As far as I agree with you I am really happy with what Brazil, Russia, USA, Bulgary did... Just because those teams didn't play their best they are telling the world all the shame about this formula. If those teams had played their best and did any other thing to complain the formula, it wouldn't reach the press as it is right now. I just wonder what polish fans think about when they played at their best and now left the tournament because the formula allowed 3 great teams meet at this phase of the tournament. My big dream right now is to see Italy leaving the tournament, so go France and go USA.

I really hope FIVB had learned a lesson...

• This reminded China (woman) in WCh 2002, when they lost a game to Korea, if i'm not wrong. I think it brings something negative to the team and may even harm in following games.

• I just wanna say one last thing. The loss itself is understandable, I mean everyone wants to have easier opponents, even Brazil. I completely understand them, though being the best team in the World, they should set an example on and off the court. The thing that bothers me is how on Earth can Giba-the symbol and living legend of modern volleyball say he and his team mates will play for their and sports honour, knowing that a couple of hours later he will have to make himself a complete jackass doing the exact opposite?

• I just wanna say one last thing. The loss itself is understandable, I mean everyone wants to have easier opponents, even Brazil. I completely understand them, though being the best team in the World, they should set an example on and off the court. The thing that bothers me is how on Earth can Giba-the symbol and living legend of modern volleyball say he and his team mates will play for their and sports honour, knowing that a couple of hours later he will have to make himself a complete jackass doing the exact opposite?

I tottaly agree with you. Brazil should have stayed silent.

I totaly agree! That is what is anoying me more, why Giba decided to say those things...I really think Braisl was going to enter to win, but they saw Bulgaria without the libero and the setter and got upset, and decided to play ridiculous. Bad bad decision. I dont give a shit about other team decisions, I jsut know Brasil made a very bad one, and I hope the guys can see that and ask sorry.

It is so obvious they were wrong that Bernardinho and Giba agreed they were felling really bad after the match.

I understand that Bruno could not play, and even if we choose to go with second team, winning or loosing is part of the sport...I jsut wished the guys enter to play fair, to try their best, cause even when is a bad they you have more will then what they showed today, specially Giba!!!!

I mean, Theo was the only one really trying!!! and Mario Junior it is just really bad, no matter if the game is worht or not, he is playing nothing! Allan even wihtout playing last season is better then him!

I'm just mad and disapoited right now. I wished the guys had show what made them the bests all this years....they were always caring in giving good examples for Brasil population, in giving good values, and today they didnt. Really shame, I hope they ask sorry.

• European Championships give max 30 points for 1st place. Here max 100, for 12 place is 30..

• Only stupid team here is Spain which from some opscure reason played today full strength :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: I wish them being trashed in next phase as they surely will be...

Great desire for a team which had a fair play today :what: :down: . Anyway they had to play with full squad to don't take the risk be eliminated by Egypt.

• My last post in this tread about "world championships" and the 'formula"....

For example:

Poland won 3 matches and lost 2 and go home

and let say for example Germany lost 3 won 2 and still will play...

ALL the matches should count likr it was in the past and hopefully it will be in Womens Championships

• I agree with you all the teams are to blame partly because they should do their faiplay-duty, BUT the main reason for all this sh*t we see right now is FIVB in coöperation with Italian Federation. The formula of this WCH is a DISGRACE !!! (Sorry for capslock, but it's only the truth!). Hopefully this formula is once and never again!!! Shame on you FIVB and Italian Federation X( :down: :mad:

• I agree with you Rafalowski.

It's a shame Poland got punsihed by this f*cking formula for winning their matches!!!

Man, if you are not blind, you saw that We played to win, all players didn't let any pt to come easily for Brasil without a fight. It is an insult even to suggest this. Yes, we played with second squad, but we played to win. Letting reserve players in meaningless fights is not unfair to anyone.