World Championships 2010

• I heard that behind such a success a participation of Cuba in the Final of the World Championships, perhaps Competitors as a reward will be able to leave and play in European clubs.

• I'm glad, that Cuba won. They played a great match against Serbians (too bad, that so few spectators watched in the hall...).
    Brazil was much better, than Italians - that one set was only thing Italy could have won. But in the final... I can't say who is the real favorite. However - I'd like it to be Cuba; they deserve the title at last. Brazilians have big problem with setters and Cubans may take an advantage of that. I hope Cubans will repeat their result from the first group stage, when they beat Brazil.
    Serbia-Italy... I have no idea who will grab the bronze medals. I think Serbians have better team, but Italians won't rather give up the game.
    P.S. CUBA-BRAZIL will be the first WCh final without any team of Europe :whistling:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I heard that behind such a success a participation of Cuba in the Final of the World Championships, perhaps Competitors as a reward will be able to leave and play in European clubs.

If they play in Europe and for the NT, the next decade might be for Cuba

• Valerio Vermiglio scored 19.25 for last match against Brazil, while his real note for setting was a little bit above 7. And sastiticans understate note for the 1st setter in ranking, Lucas Tichacek about 2.5. All statisticans are Italians of course. :thumbdown: Thanks that Vermiglio is at the 1st place and for sure will be best setter of this shitty chamionship!!

• I ' m sure that today all bulgarians and polish fans will support Cuba . These guys are real champions . They played every match on the brink of exhaustion but they showed that deserve this final . And of course this is the perfect moment brazilian comedians to descend from the throne . Come on Cuba .

You ought to blame Italians for this situation not Brazil. This team has cheated but the biggest cheatters were the host Nation and FIVB.
    I just wonder why some guys are focused only on Brazil as if the formula was made by some ghost.
    I'm Brazilian but I don't care if Brazil's gonna win today. I think the main thing was done yesterday: Italia was kicked out by Brazil and then the trick formula finished. Once again I gotta say mission acomplished by Brazil: Italia out! May Cuba grabs the title.
    At last some holy behaviours of NT and the saint FIVB:
    1) WC 2002 for women: China has lost Greece to choose next round opponent;
    2) OG 1984: USA lost first match against Brazil;
    3) OG 2004: Brazil lost first match against USA;
    4) Japan always organizes OG qualification tournaments - one more chance of qualification;
    5) Poland is always the GP organizer. Since the team eventually cant enter playing FIVB gives it a ticket;
    6) Wild cards no matter the tournament;
    7) 1996 OG qualification (women): Russia was out but it was put on Africa zone.
    8 ) Norceca has 6! berths to WC (women). It should have maximum 5!
    There are certainly more cases that I can't remember now. But I guess those are enough to say there isn't only one Devil in volleyball.

• I cannot agree with you. Rezende lost all my respect for him. He was in hard situation and it was gantlet for his character, he did what he did and thare is no any logical explanation.
    And if you'd like to know, Polish girls are one of top teams on the world, not so good as Brazil or USA of course, but in top 10 for sure. Other countries don't have got so big and strong broadcasters, we have Polsat and whole world can watch tournaments from Poland, it's clear rule of FIVB.
    And that that you wrote are single cases. During championships in Italy so many bad things happened. All blame is by Italian site and FIVB, that they enable for this circus, but other nations should showed they characters and how should all world play in volleyball.

• I'm very glad Serbia could overcome the pressure and beat Italy. Italy didn't deserve a medal and Serbia is a lot better. I can congratulate the italian NT, however, for playing with such passion. Time after time they surpassed their weak technical skills by playing with their hearts, by desiring victory so much. But I think justice is served and it would be unfair for them to grab the 3rd place.

• Grbic Tears.. Priceless. Congratulations Serbia :super:

He's retiring from NT now - probably for real this time. :P
    What an amazing player he is and how much he has meant to our team... it's now difficult to imagine he was in the starting line-up at EC 1995 already!

And after 12 years Serbia wins a medal at WC again! I really didn't think it would happen. Sweet!

• The Italian team does not deserve a place in the 1/2 finals, they are just not that good to be semifinalists. They reached the semis here just because they are hosts and because of the stupid formula of the tournament. Otherwise they might have not got into the top 8.

• And well that Serbia won :) Congratulation...!

But this WCH very fast passed.. And what I doing now :( hehe ^^ Need to go back to reality :S

• Congrats to Serbia, they deserved 3rd place... and Italy is tragic team, they wouldn't be in semis if they weren't hosts... this WCh was big joke (just remember Brazil - Bulgaria and Russia - Spain), I'm happy that is over...

just hope that there will be justice and children from Cuba will win first place :whistle:

• Congrats to Serbia, they deserved 3rd place... and Italy is tragic team, they wouldn't be in semis if they weren't hosts... this WCh was big joke (just remember Brazil - Bulgaria and Russia - Spain), I'm happy that is over...

just hope that there will be justice and children from Cuba will win first place :whistle:

What do you mean with that Brazil - Bulgaria? They brought their best and Bulgaria beat them with our youngsters :cheesy:
    And Justice for All...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ4GbcuBvUQ

• Although Serbians weren't absolutely fair in these WCh it is better, they won, not Italians:
    1) Serbia have better players and generally better team; Italy were much worse against Brazil and Serbia.
    2) Italy and FIVB made the tournament unpleasent and uninteresting, so I'm glad, that they have no prize for that. I had written before, that it would have been maybe better if Italians won some medal (it would show an absurd and unfairness of he championships formula), but I changed my mind.
    Now - go Cuba for the biggest success in history.

The most important 3:

• What do you mean with that Brazil - Bulgaria? They brought their best and Bulgaria beat them with our youngsters :cheesy:
    And Justice for All...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ4GbcuBvUQ

That's true. So? It doesn't change, that this game was a joke for sure :)
    And this Metallic song is classic :thumbup:

The most important 3:

• Congrats Serbia, u're a very good team.
    when i saw Grbic crying, i felt so bad.Grbic is a great great setter.I personally thank Grbic for everything he made us watch.
    I want to see Grbic in Turkey ,.......pls Grbic come to my country without retiring from voleyball.(Miljikovic is already in Türkiye.)

• Yes, it would've been a travesty for the Italians to win a medal here. Russia, Bulgaria and Poland would've destroyed the Azzurri and none of those teams made it to Top 4.

• Congratulations to Serbia. I admit i was cheering for Italy because i always try to cheer to home team. But Serbia deserved to win and i'm happy with it.

About Italy, i think they need to look at future and start to play with a young team, even if they don't play this OG. Savani and Parodi are good OH and can help other young players in this period of transition. Fei and Lasko, for me, are not good. Fei was an excellent Opp, but now he make too many mistakes. Mastrangelo is a great MB but it's time for new guys. I don't like Sala and Birareli, so imo they need to find a better MB.

Italy needs a coach who can do a good job with the younger, knowing that some negative results will could occur.

Grbic is always retiring NT and then he comes back. I do not doubt he will play next OG. I like him a lot and he always will have a place in NT. But if he really retire, Petkovic did a great job in this WL, so setter will not be a problem. I think Serbia needs a OH better in attack. Janic, Nikic and Kovacevic are good in reception but they are not so reliable in attack.

• Unfortuantely, Cuba seem to have no big chances in the final...
    The game reminds me the final in WCh 2006 - everybody expected an interesting game and it occured to be very onesided.

The most important 3:

• Wow, Cuba is using Leon at Opp and Leal and Bell at OH. Desperate measures after getting destroyed in the 2nd set?