Olympic Games - 2012 London (qualification process)

• That's true. If Poland, Russia and Italy qualify (assuming Serbia won't) through world Cup, Slovakia, Slovenia and Belguim will play in Sofia. In that case the teams from Europe occupaing the top places in world ranking will also have chances at the world qualies. These will be France, Czech and Spain.

You forget the fact that Italy is the host of one of these tournaments. if they qualify, FIVB has to find another host, maybe another European country, maybe not !

• Yes, that's true, but I was guessing they will give it to another European country. Maybe I am wrong with that? ?(

Maybe USA or Argentina will get interested if Cuba or Brazil fail to qualify through World Cup...

• Maybe USA or Argentina will get interested if Cuba or Brazil fail to qualify through World Cup...

yes that is also possible, maybe they will see which highest ranked team still not qualify and will be the host then...however I doubt that will be Cuba anyway

• So Slovakia and Slovenia will play in Sofia.

Still hope Italy will take third place in World Cup, so Belgium will be allowed to Olympic Qualification tournament in Bulgaria.

Both teams have 21 point, Italy has worse set ratio (25/14, Brazil 26/14).

Italy plays Iran while Brazil plays Japan.

Most scenario's are in favour of Brazil tough, I'm afraid.

1. Italy wins 3-0 / Brazil wins 3-0: Brazil takes 3th
    2. Italy wins 3-0 / Brazil wins 3-1: Point ratio will decide and Brazil currently has better ratio
    3. Italy wins 3-0 or 3-1 / Brazil wins 3-2: Italy takes 3th

• No, set ratio already decides that Italy win then.

• As Martee says that's not true! If Brazil wins 3-1 and Italy 3-0 Brazil will be 29/15 - 1.9333 and Italy will be 28/14 - 2.0 so that means Italy get the 3rd place and Belguim is comming to Sofia. So if Italy wins clear with Iran you have to cheer Japan really hard to take a set of Brazil! :D

• As Martee says that's not true! If Brazil wins 3-1 and Italy 3-0 Brazil will be 29/15 - 1.9333 and Italy will be 28/14 - 2.0 so that means Italy get the 3rd place and Belguim is comming to Sofia. So if Italy wins clear with Iran you have to cheer Japan really hard to take a set of Brazil! :D

You guys are right, go Japan!

• Sorry, mate, Japan wasted the second set at the end :( however, be welcome to Sofia at everytime :)
    Italia, Germania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Serbia, Finlandia, Espania, we are waiting for you :)

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• Teams for World Qualification Tournaments:

Tournament 1, Japan
    Japan
    Iran
    China
    South Korea
    Australia
    Egypt or Cameroon
    USA or Cuba or Puerto Rico or Argentina or Venezuela
    Serbia or Bulgaria or France or Czech Republic

Tournament 2, Germany
    Germany
    India or Pakistan

Tournament 3, Italy
    Italy
    India or Pakistan

• Italy and Germany participation as hosts depending on their result at continental qualification.
    One of these teams may be a winner and new host must be found. :teach:

• Italy and Germany participation as hosts depending on their result at continental qualification.
    One of these teams may be a winner and new host must be found. :teach:

Hehe, that's true, but let's better not make things too complicated :roll: , I am sure that they will be great hosts, so... let them be ^^ :lol:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Is there any information when these tournaments will be?

Btw. c'mon Iranians, go for it! :super:

Hehe, that's true, but let's better not make things too complicated :roll: , I am sure that they will be great hosts, so... let them be ^^ :lol:

I think I couldn't agree more :lol:
    One stone off the heart... The second stone will be off when Bulgarians qualify.

• Africa: 12-22 January,Yaounde, Cameroon
    Asia: 2-10 June, Tokyo, Japan
    North America: 11-20 May, San Juan, Puerto Rico
    South America: not known yet
    Europe: 8-13 May, Sophia, Bulgaria
    World Qualification Tournament 1: 2-10 June, Tokyo, Japan (with Asian q.)
    World Qualification Tournament 2: 8-10 June, Rome, Italy
    World Qualification Tournament 3: 8-10 June, Berlin, Germany

• I don't understand how some of these tournaments are schedulled during the World League qualifications? 8| (WL is between end of May and July 1st)

How is it possible? ?(

• WL 2012 is scheduled 18th May - 8th July so only one tournament at Norceca is now at the same time.
    I'm 100 % sure it will be changed a little bit or few WL games will be scheduled later (during the week instead of weekend)
    Who knows maybe during OG world tournaments - WL games are suspended.

BTW - I'm trying to update - time of tournaments / hosts / qualified teams etc on first page :
    Olympic Games - 2012 London (qualification process)

• but why there are 8 teams in the first tournament and only 4 teams in the other 2 whereas only 1st place of each if getting to OG? ?(

How for example European teams are alocated to these tournaments? And it is not really fair when one has to play with 7 other teams for only 1 place, where in the other tournament only with 3?