Olympic Games - 2012 London (qualification process)

• First tournament is combine with Asian qualification so the best team will be qualified and the best Asian team (totally 2 teams).
    Australia is treated as part of Asia :lol: but eight years ago Australia was qualified to OG 2004 as best Asian team.

• 2008 World League was scheduled from June 13 to July 27.
    WL and WGP will be shorten in Olympic years.

• The south american tournament will be contested January 3-8. It will probably be held in Almirante Brown, where the last boys youth WCh was played.

• LDVolley . For this reason you wanted so much Brazil to qualify for the Olympics from the World Cup ? Argentina has ''amazing'' opponents, no way. Let's Argentina come to play in European qualifications and see how really difficult is to qualify for big Championship from Europe.Then you will realize that your continent actually has only a few quotes , but far easier qualifications than us. In the first continental qualifications from Europe and from South America only one team qualifies but you can't compare Venezuela, Colombia and such teams like Chille, Paraguay or Uruguay with teams like italy, Serbia, Germany, Bulgaria, Finland and etc..Actually i think that will be more fair and competitive if South America and North America
    participate in the same qualifications. And anyway there are only four teams from North America and three from South America that are really competitive and with real qualities - accordingly USA , Cuba, Canada and Puerto Rico and Brasil, Argentina and Venezuela. Every other teams like Colombia, Mexico or Dominican Republic are no real opponents for these seven teams. So i think that the emotion from such qualifying tournament will be far greater.

• Well, it's not like any other team in SA is going to qualify, so it doesn't really matter. Plus, we have been consistently beating the likes of Bulgaria, France or Finland lately so i think we have proven our worth.

• Well, it's not like any other team in SA is going to qualify, so it doesn't really matter. Plus, we have been consistently beating the likes of Bulgaria, France or Finland lately so i think we have proven our worth.

No one is questioning if Argentna is a good team or not, just the idea was you have no competition there in South America. Besided, I would be very careful to use those words, especially towards Bulgaria, one win within ...how many years? means nothing. :whistle: Just have in mind one good, breakthrough tournament doesnt mean you will consistenty beat most of the Europeans teams in the long term. Your team is yet to prove it has its place amoung the best. I hope you does prove it, cause I like Argentina a lot.

• LDVolley . For this reason you wanted so much Brazil to qualify for the Olympics from the World Cup ? Argentina has ''amazing'' opponents, no way. Let's Argentina come to play in European qualifications and see how really difficult is to qualify for big Championship from Europe.Then you will realize that your continent actually has only a few quotes , but far easier qualifications than us. In the first continental qualifications from Europe and from South America only one team qualifies but you can't compare Venezuela, Colombia and such teams like Chille, Paraguay or Uruguay with teams like italy, Serbia, Germany, Bulgaria, Finland and etc..Actually i think that will be more fair and competitive if South America and North America
    participate in the same qualifications. And anyway there are only four teams from North America and three from South America that are really competitive and with real qualities - accordingly USA , Cuba, Canada and Puerto Rico and Brasil, Argentina and Venezuela. Every other teams like Colombia, Mexico or Dominican Republic are no real opponents for these seven teams. So i think that the emotion from such qualifying tournament will be far greater.

Dido, we have been discussing this before and nothing will change of that. Just keep in mind the OG is not the tournament of the best teams in world, but just the best of each continent. :olympia: . This is not a World Championship after all.

Well, that leaves you with merely Czech Republic, Spain, Poland, Italy, Germany and Russia to beat to get through OG qualifications ... Should be easy !

Hum... Since France got down against Belgium, maybe I should add them to the list, but according to the ranking I would have to put 6 other European teams in the list... Would be quicker to say defeating France doesn't prove much!

• Well, that leaves you with merely Czech Republic, Spain, Poland, Italy, Germany and Russia to beat to get through OG qualifications ... Should be easy !

Hum... Since France got down against Belgium, maybe I should add them to the list, but according to the ranking I would have to put 6 other European teams in the list... Would be quicker to say defeating France doesn't prove much!

Why Poland and Russia? ?( These two teams already qualified.

• Why Poland and Russia? ?( These two teams already qualified.

the discussion was about the competition in Europe compared to the one in South America in general, and it was said how much difficult it is to get a spot when the team is from Europe!

• No one is questioning if Argentna is a good team or not, just the idea was you have no competition there in South America. Besided, I would be very careful to use those words, especially towards Bulgaria, one win within ...how many years? means nothing. :whistle:

haha it was not my intention to provoke bulgarians, neither i was saying that we were definitely superior or anything. I just was saying that we could compete as equals with most of the european teams, maybe not the ones top notch (that's why i didn't mention Serbia or Italy), but it's not like we can go to the olympics ONLY because we are southamericans.

As someone said there, OG is supposed to be a tournament with representatives of all the world, you can't have a tournament with 10 out of 12 of the teams being european, even if they deserve it.

• Guys, don't be so emotional. This will be the last OG employing such qualification. World Cup will provide only two quotas while there will be four world qualification tournament. So if European teams are outstanding enough, four of them could have chance to qualify for OG in these four tournaments.

• Guys, don't be so emotional. This will be the last OG employing such qualification. World Cup will provide only two quotas while there will be four world qualification tournament. So if European teams are outstanding enough, four of them could have chance to qualify for OG in these four tournaments.

World Cup in a pre-Olympic season is a stupidity.
    A 5 months NT season is already something stupid, with most of the professionnal players (who are not in NT) not playing any competition at all, but on a pre-Olympic season it simply kills anything to have a one month break in the middle of the competition. And the continental qualifications are even more stupid since there are Continental championship played right before ! In most of other teamsport, these Continental championship are used to provide direct ticket to OG, or to remaining qualies.

But FIVB will do anything to make money out of qualification tournament in Japan or in Europe, which has nothing to do with sport.

• world cup is great.. i totally dig the winners from both men and women teams..they're definitely the best in the world and deserve the spot for olympics

• world cup is great.. i totally dig the winners from both men and women teams..they're definitely the best in the world and deserve the spot for olympics

So what ?
    Of course they deserve a spot for Olympics, but you don't need so many comeptitions and games to figure out what team deserve to play the Olympics!

At least Handball and Basketball don't.