Olympic Games - 2012 London (qualification process)

• Aussies are so stupid so far! They're giving their Olympic away to Iran now!! No one in Japan could spike in the court over Aussie's hands, so they spike to their hands. How many touch-outs in the two sets and why Aussies didn't make any change!
    They have good potential and physical condition, just losing to a weak team in such a way is stupid, goddamn stupid!

• Aussies are so stupid so far! They're giving their Olympic away to Iran now!! No one in Japan could spike in the court over Aussie's hands, so they spike to their hands. How many touch-outs in the two sets and why Aussies didn't make any change!
    They have good potential and physical condition, just losing to a weak team in such a way is stupid, goddamn stupid!

ARE YOU KIDDING?

• Australia defence is just awful :down:

agree with your point here....extremely awful...
    even White hasnt contributed too much so far...
    aussies cannot find the way out of this absolute inferiority...what a shame...

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• I'm quite serious. How strong do you expect me to regard Japan as, which is always a bottom team in the world?

How can you say Japan is weak??? OMG!!! Maybe even Australia would be at the bottom in the world but they just nead to qualificate for the world :lol: :lol: :lol:

• How can you say Japan is weak??? OMG!!! Maybe even Australia would be at the bottom in the world but they just nead to qualificate for the world :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny, how can't I? I don't want to discuss how disgusting Japan is here, if I might remind you if Japan were not the host, they couldn't even be in the world qualification tournament.
    As for Australia, their weakness doesn't make Japan stronger even a little, which I presume your would logically agree.

• How can you say Japan is weak??? OMG!!! Maybe even Australia would be at the bottom in the world but they just nead to qualificate for the world :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rolll: :rolll: :obey:

another ''bomb'' :obey: Japan didn't showed NOTHING till this match, even now Aussies helped them a lot. Just remember the end of second set. As Martee said Japs wouldn't be here if they weren't hosts. That says enough. Japan is enjoying privileges from FIVB, clear as summer sky. Aussies beat themselves, totally wrong tactics against typicall Asian team.

• I wanted to watch Australia today as I truly wasn't expecting them to be the Asian representative N1 till today. Quite pleasantly surprised by the performance of Yudin, the first time for me to watch Thomas Edgar, maybe he was having better days previously, today he was so-so, but otherwise a nice player. With these physical characteristics the aussies should have stronger serves and definitely, definitely good blocking skills. They failed to show both today and it wasn't really difficult for Japan to gain a 3-0. Uriarte has worked a lot with these guys, who, despite the absence of Carroll and the retirement of Hardy, still look like a decent team and are better compared to the disappointing WCH 2010. But I still can't forgive Uriarte for not taking advantage of their height, I can't imagine such a tall team lacking blocks against Japan. Now the second place in the tournament is open and seems like all the Asian teams more or less deserve the ticket, but Iran and Australia for the time being still appear favourites. I would enjoy watching Iran or Australia in London, but definitely not this Australia that I saw today.

• I wanted to watch Australia today as I truly wasn't expecting them to be the Asian representative N1 till today. Quite pleasantly surprised by the performance of Yudin, the first time for me to watch Thomas Edgar, maybe he was having better days previously, today he was so-so, but otherwise a nice player. With these physical characteristics the aussies should have stronger serves and definitely, definitely good blocking skills. They failed to show both today and it wasn't really difficult for Japan to gain a 3-0. Uriarte has worked a lot with these guys, who, despite the absence of Carroll and the retirement of Hardy, still look like a decent team and are better compared to the disappointing WCH 2010. But I still can't forgive Uriarte for not taking advantage of their height, I can't imagine such a tall team lacking blocks against Japan. Now the second place in the tournament is open and seems like all the Asian teams more or less deserve the ticket, but Iran and Australia for the time being still appear favourites. I would enjoy watching Iran or Australia in London, but definitely not this Australia that I saw today.

U got a point Yavor ;) as I said in previous post, totally wrong tactics. They should be much more agressive in blocking, just close Fukuzawa and job is done. I was also surprised by Aussies but... just look their opponents so far. Young Venezuela, zombies from PR. They were great vs Iran but Velasco's pigeons were far from their usual level. Now they have 2 poor matches in row and similar teams like Japan r coming. Dunno who mentally strong they are but shameful loss today could have major impact on their performaces in next matches.

Trust me, Tom was far better than he is today and he was last year!
    As to the block, I am very disappointed today. Aussies' blocking strategy was totally wrong. If they prepared enough before the match, they should have found how many block-outs Japanese would play. However, they still raised their hands for their opponents' block-outs in the match.
    Blocks 14-5, big humiliation.

• Come on... :white: The whole match was just painful to watch but this third set was a total joke. I feel sorry for Igor, he's one of my favorites so it was hard to see him so helpless, he couldn't win the match alone though... Australian setter is a walking tragedy for me :aww: And I don't like Uriarte's attitude. He didn't help his team at all. He sometimes looked like a passive observer who doesn't really care :thumbdown: Polish commentators began to feel sorry for Edgar 'cause his coach didn't do that. Cheesus. He looked as if he wanted to say "I want to live the court!". Grand applause for Uriarte. He changed him, finally. In the end of third set :aww: Hey, did he really think that any of his players can play worse than Edgar today? He was a player of Nippon... Uriarte had no mercy.
    Of course our commentators tried to be funny in the first two sets calling Matsumoto "pocket middle-blocker". After that they weren't amused anymore. Drama in the end of the second set... I almost thought that Australians save the ball and win it. They didn't. And I guess it was a beginning of the definitive end then. Pity.

Btw. I guess that Kunihiro Shimizu never stop surprising me. The action somewhere at the beginning of the match made me wake up, really.

Pakistanies made a statement they will for sure beat Egypt and one of Bulgaria/France and are taking the quotta :D
    That is a bold statement for a team who just lose 3-0 to Qatar in a friendly, isn't it? :lol: :lol:

Bring it on! I would like to see that :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:

• The tournament is quite unpredictable now.
    Iran is the biggest favourite team now. But if they lose to Serbia all 3 pts, which most seemingly will happen, their final match against Japan will determine if they could own the berth.
    Australian's performance today broke my confidence in them. They were not good at playing against East Asian teams at all, so they perhaps will lose more points against Korea and China. Anyway, they still have chance and luckily they can hold it.
    Japan and China will face Puerto Rico and Venezuela respectively two days later, which no doubt raise them to 11 pts. All stories won't end until the last day. Iran vs Japan and Australia vs China.

• The tournament is quite unpredictable now.
    Iran is the biggest favourite team now. But if they lose to Serbia all 3 pts, which most seemingly will happen, their final match against Japan will determine if they could own the berth.
    Australian's performance today broke my confidence in them. They were not good at playing against East Asian teams at all, so they perhaps will lose more points against Korea and China. Anyway, they still have chance and luckily they can hold it.
    Japan and China will face Puerto Rico and Venezuela respectively two days later, which no doubt raise them to 11 pts. All stories won't end until the last day. Iran vs Japan and Australia vs China.

don't be so sure about Iran losing to Serbia 0:3. They played 2 matches this year, both ended in 5 sets, each team won one match. Iran beat them on WC also ;)Serbia is almost sure for London, I do not know is Balkan mentality familiar to u :D Serbs don't have to press hard while Iranians will be on 200% for sure. IMO Australia is going to lose one match for sure, they don't know how to play against defensive teams. IMO Iran is going to London.

• Bulgaria's roster:

setters:
    Andrey Zhekov
    Georgi Bratoev

opposites:
    Tsvetan Sokolov
    Vladimir Nikolov

libero:
    Teodor Salparov

Outside hitters:
    Matey Kaziyski
    Todor Aleksiev
    Nikolay Penchev
    Valentin Bratoev

Middle blockers:
    Nikolay Nikolov
    Teodor Todorov
    Victor Yosifov

• don't be so sure about Iran losing to Serbia 0:3. They played 2 matches this year, both ended in 5 sets, each team won one match. Iran beat them on WC also ;)Serbia is almost sure for London, I do not know is Balkan mentality familiar to u :D Serbs don't have to press hard while Iranians will be on 200% for sure. IMO Australia is going to lose one match for sure, they don't know how to play against defensive teams. IMO Iran is going to London.

two things: a) Serbia was zombie mode during WC, specially during the first round, so I don't know how we can take that into account. On the other hand, I think friendlies should never be taken in account. I'll always remember that before WCh 2002 Argentina played one friendly with Bulgaria (lost 3-0) and one with France (won 3-0), and later, in the tournament, those results inverted. b) Serbia will play just like any other match, it would be too not-professional for them to think "oh we have to play Venezuela afterwards, so we can afford to lose one match", true pro teams don't relax except the match is truly meaningless, which this match isn't at all

• two things: a) Serbia was zombie mode during WC, specially during the first round, so I don't know how we can take that into account. On the other hand, I think friendlies should never be taken in account. I'll always remember that before WCh 2002 Argentina played one friendly with Bulgaria (lost 3-0) and one with France (won 3-0), and later, in the tournament, those results inverted. b) Serbia will play just like any other match, it would be too not-professional for them to think "oh we have to play Venezuela afterwards, so we can afford to lose one match", true pro teams don't relax except the match is truly meaningless, which this match isn't at all

We're talking about Balkan team, special mentality :whistle: also Serbia has great relations with Iranian federation so nothing can surprise me. I'm not saying Serbia will let them to win but never mess with Balkans :rolll: