Olympic Games - 2012 London (qualification process)

• Here is the german roster for the tournament in France:

Setter: Simon Tischer (Krasnodar/RUS), Lukas Kampa (RWE Volleys Bottrop)

MB: Marcus Böhme (VfB Friedrichshafen), Max Günthör (Generali Haching), Lukas Bauer (Toulouse/FRA)

OH: Björn Andrae (Kemerovo/RUS), Robert Kromm (Verona/ITA), Sebastian Schwarz (Padua/ITA)

Op: Georg Grozer (Rzeszow/POL), Jochen Schöps (Odintsovo/RUS)

Universal: Christian Dünnes (Generali Haching)

Libero: Ferdinand Tille (Sete/FRA)

Surprisingly no Steuerwald and no Kaliberda. According to Coach Bernard, Steuerwald wasn't quite fit and Kaliberda has an injury. No further information were given.
    http://www.volleyball-verband.…gq5r0ck0128j0b0n6tfk3ddql

Especially sad for Kaliberda. He played quite well lately and this tournament could have been good for his personal development. For the setters, it didn't make big difference in the past, whether Steuerwald or Tischer were setting. Maybe now, knowing that he is clear number one, Tischer can play with more confidence.
    Overall, the roster looks OK. The Middles can be the weak spot, but the team should be competitiv if they can bring their heads in order.

• Guys if anyone can find link for the Olimpic qualification tournament,which begins today in Slovakia?I am especially interested for the game Montenegro-Turkey :)

here it will be http://live.huste.tv/ :)

• Finland - Netherlands 3:1

Mikko Oivanen finished off the Dutch "acing" on them :whistling: Does someone know where the second Oivanen were?

• Second Oiv poszedł jak dzik w żołędzie to Russia and if I good remember He plays in Siberian Club or Far East Club.

• I don't understand how Team like Holland who won a few times versus Brazil, loses matches against such Teams like Finland now.

• Finland - Netherlands 3:1

Mikko Oivanen finished off the Dutch "acing" on them :whistling: Does someone know where the second Oivanen were?

replaced with Lehtonen in 3rd set ;)

I don't understand how Team like Holland who won a few times versus Brazil, loses matches against such Teams like Finland now.

r u joking? Atm Finland is level above Holland :whistle:

• If you look at the players, Netherlands should be the same level or better. Horstink, Kooistra, Kooy, Bontje are impressive for me. The new setter is good.

• Dutch NT has been very unstable for many years. Always the same story.

Players like Kooistra, Klapwijk and even Horstink show several faces during a match. Today Maan played as OH (because of injuries of Kooy and Rauwerdink) and it was not a succesful match for him.

Ok, we can play the game: What if Kooy, Rauwerdink could have played..but they didn't :!:

I only enjoyed Nimir's game. Considering this guy is only 19 years old..I predict he will be one of the best setters in the world :teach:

edit: Netherlands made 25 :!: service-errors

• Pre-Qualification Tournament 1 in Slovakia
    Slovakia - Austria 3:0 (25:21, 25:14, 25:19) stats
    Montenegro - Turkey 0:3 (19:25, 20:25, 18:25) stats

Pre-Qualification Tournament 3 in Croatia
    Finland - Netherlands 3:1 (25:23, 19:25, 25:19, 25:20) stats
    Portugal - Ukraine 3:0 (25:21, 25:18, 25:23) stats

• The last set between Portugal and Ukraine looked like a performance in a theatre. Couldn't watch the beginning of the game, but its end was demotivating a bit. Obviously a bad day for Ukraine, which doesn't stand much chance to qualify anyway even to the crossed semifinal in Croatia.

• replaced with Lehtonen in 3rd set ;)

Thanks for the answer. I started to watch it later.

Finland - Netherlands 3:1 (25:23, 19:25, 25:19, 25:20) stats

Bontje 8/9 attacks and 4 blocks... I wish he could play like that in Jastrzębski. But with such setters it's almost impossible.

• Czech Republic almost lost with Latvia. By Latvia's side was a match of one player - Hermans Egleskalns scored 36 points(with 60% in attack), next best scorer was Ansis Medenis with 13 points, so... Pretty impressive, I must say. But in Czech wasn't better. Stokr scored 34 points(with 50% in attack), next was Konecny with 12 points. It was weird match, I guess.