Olympic Games - 2012 London (qualification process)

• Australia won the match in straight sets.
    So Serbia and Australia will go to London.
    Congratulations to Aussies. Honestly speaking, I hadn't expect such a result. Months ago Aussies was playing in Europe with bad results, while Iranians and Koreans having had a pleasant journey there. But the kangaroo boys made it! They are finally in London.
    Meanwhile, I feel very sad for Iran. They are the top team of Asia, literally Asia. But this is the game formula. But I think Iran's world ranking will raise since China and Japan will lose all their points in Olympics 2008. So Iran may make their progress step by step and fight for Rio.
    As for China, I really liked Shen Qiong and Yuan Zhi. They brought me the best memory in 2008. That epic 5th place was historical. However, I am quite unsatisfied with the younger generation. They didn't show any valuable characters of their predecessors, Wang Jiawei, Zhang Xiang, Shen Fulin, etc. Besides, after watching European Leagues, I found that Chinese League is lowering its level year after year. This is really bad for Chinese volleyball.
    In China, we have many outstanding volleyball fans with quite profound professional understanding of volleyball as well as skills in playing volleyball. We deserve a better world performance of our national team, and trust me, we'll always look forward to it.

Are you Xiao Leizi?

• ;( ;(

This is probably the biggest disappointment ever for Iran volleyball. ;( as I know how things work in Iran, this is the End for this team. ;(

People already start blaming our captain Alireza Nadi for his big big mistake against Serbia in first set, he did the same in 3rd set with China and 4th set with Australia. all of them were costly. he most probably will retire, he played great for Iran in past 10 years, I'm sorry for him for finishing his NT career in this way. :S

I think if we had our complete team here the outcome would be different. :whistling:

Congrats to Serbia, Australia, Bulgaria and Germany.

• TODOR TODOROV!!!

and

TODOR ALEKSIEV!!!

• I am sorry for Iran too, my favorite Eastern European team
    Sorry for Japan and China, great fans who deserve more :S

• Is it that serious? Your federation will dismiss the team for missing the Olympics? That's ridiculous.
    Our coach had led us to the ever worst level these years, but his position is quite solid.

• and

TODOR ALEKSIEV!!!

:obey: :obey: :obey: :obey:

Actually, I don't like those qualification tournaments, everyone says it's better to be in TOP 3 on World Cup, to not waste your time and health later. But in World Cup you've got many good teams, you have to beat them all to advance to Olympic Games. If you don't do it, you can wait for intercontinental tournament and beat India, Pakistan and one team on good level. It's much easier... Where is the sense?

• :obey: :obey: :obey: :obey:

Actually, I don't like those qualification tournaments, everyone says it's better to be in TOP 3 on World Cup, to not waste your time and health later. But in World Cup you've got many good teams, you have to beat them all to advance to Olympic Games. If you don't do it, you can wait for intercontinental tournament and beat India, Pakistan and one team on good level. It's much easier... Where is the sense?

Haha, if we're looking for a sense in FIVB than maybe there shoudn't be neither WC nor OGCT, medalists from continental championships should go to the OGs or something like that, I mean that if you have suceeded to become a Euro champ, WTH you have to fight for Olympic ticket?

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• I'm happy for Bulgaria, after so many troubles they deserved the qualification...
    Serbia widly dominated the tournament in Japan but I'm really happy for Australia...I didn't expect them to qualify but they have been great!! :dance6:

• Vasilena, you were right that Sofia won't sleep. At least I didn't sleep and in the place where I didn't sleep, we met a lot of other fans from the hall who also decided not to sleep :lol:

First, congratulations to Serbia and Australia. Australia is a nice surprise and Serbia once again proved that they will fight with whatever squad they are in hand. I'm feeling sorry for Iran. I wanted to see Velasco's team in OG.

Congratulations to Germany - they proved that they are not a third-class team, as Lubi Ganev and the people from the Bulgarian Federation think or at least state.

And finally - congratulations to Bulgaria, although nothing is certain yet. Rado Stoychev said:"With Bulgaria there has often been the case of "going to Rome and not seeing the Pope", so the match vs. Egypt is equally important!"

You've said everything for this match before me and my emotions carried the way through the night. It was strange why the referees did that to us. Maybe Lazarov bought this Milan Labastard in order to make us lose and to hit Rado Stoychev in this way. I don't know, maybe I'm too conspiracy-minded.

I was disappointed by Tsetso Sokolov - apart from that semi-ace and one important attack, he did nothing special. And he was block several times in key moments. Matey wasn't the same he was vs. Germany a month ago, but Toshko Aleksiev and Teodor Todorov surprised me a lot in a very positive way. Toshko spiked successfully consecutive times in the end of the last set(or was it the third?) in a very tense moment. And Teodor played really well, I though he has no block against teams variative play but last night he proved me wrong.

Bulgarian users, is it only me or our President really behaves like demented? This cuckoo clapped his hands like in the kindergarden and he doesn't realise whether we win or lose. He always smiles like he has taken something and claps like 5 year old gay, if this is possible.

:obey: :obey: :obey: :obey:

Only dusan and Vlado Nikolov call Teodor Todorov Todor or Toshko :lol:

muse, you are partly right. I'll be the first to admit that we(or rather our Volleyball Federation) bought us a ticket to London. We were semifinalists in the EQ and we faced France, Germany were finalists and they had to face Cuba. But what do you want to happen: first 6 teams from WC to go to the Olympics instead of 3? In this way nobody gives a chance for smaller teams and if you fail to go to the WC(participating in WC is not easy, especially if you are an European team, you lose your chances for Olympics as well. Maybe the best method is the host, 3-4 teams from WC, and then to be played Continental qualifications and the top 3-4 teams will go to a 1 big World Qualification. There, the top 7-8 teams to go to the Olympics.

I am sorry for Iran too, my favorite Eastern European team
    Sorry for Japan and China, great fans who deserve more :S

You mean Middle-Eastern, maybe :D

• Haha, if we're looking for a sense in FIVB than maybe there shoudn't be neither WC nor OGCT, medalists from continental championships should go to the OGs or something like that, I mean that if you have suceeded to become a Euro champ, WTH you have to fight for Olympic ticket?

Continental champions SHOULD have a ticket to OG at once. And maybe world champions.

• Oh Nadejda You must work with Your emotions. You are like petard. Who Man will stand with Your nerves? :D

• Continental champions SHOULD have a ticket to OG at once. And maybe world champions.

That's the qualification formula, like three decades ago.
    Besides, if Continental champions are qualified for the Olympics at once, they should not compete in the World Cup, provided that the top 2/3 of World Cup are qualified.

• Oh Nadejda You must work with Your emotions. You are like petard. Who Man will stand with Your nerves? :D

:lol: :lol:
    ok taking notes :lol:
    actually I wasn't very emotional yesterday! Strange but true! I exaggerated my posts but I didn't feel that way! When I am really emotional I barely post anything ^^

• Vasilena, you were right that Sofia won't sleep. At least I didn't sleep and in the place where I didn't sleep, we met a lot of other fans from the hall who also decided not to sleep :lol:

Haha, I am sure you were great! :thumbsup:

And finally - congratulations to Bulgaria, although nothing is certain yet. Rado Stoychev said:"With Bulgaria there has often been the case of "going to Rome and not seeing the Pope", so the match vs. Egypt is equally important!"

:rolll: :rolll:
    I have the feeling that this time that won't happen :P

It was strange why the referees did that to us. Maybe Lazarov bought this Milan Labastard in order to make us lose and to hit Rado Stoychev in this way. I don't know, maybe I'm too conspiracy-minded.

In our sector started to sing one Slavi Trofonov's song in his honour :lol:

I was disappointed by Tsetso Sokolov - apart from that semi-ace and one important attack, he did nothing special. And he was block several times in key moments. Matey wasn't the same he was vs. Germany a month ago

For Matey it got clear that is one of the players with the flu, I don't know if Sokolov is also : http://volleyball.sportal.bg/news.php?news=369151

Bulgarian users, is it only me or our President really behaves like demented? This cuckoo clapped his hands like in the kindergarden and he doesn't realise whether we win or lose. He always smiles like he has taken something and claps like 5 year old gay, if this is possible.

Not it's not only you :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:
    Look at the 1st video under the article after 55 sec, I showed it to my roommate and she laughed, too: http://volleyball.sportal.bg/news.php?news=369151
    I stayed a little bit after the match and he went down on court and started hugging Radostin :lol:

Wild Wild West!

" There is nothing better than this"

• Japan had 6 set points but couldn't convert even one!
    Ghafour is unbelievable in the end of 2nd set!!!

• So, Iran win the insignificant last match in straight sets finally. They're still the king of Asia.

Shimizu 24pts vs Ghafour 21pts, in only 3 sets! :obey: