European Championships 2011

• Well deserved win by the Italians, although I was surprised by the Belgian performance:

2 sets, we could equal the Italian level of play: put some decent pressure in serve, stable reception and side-out.
    2nd set and 4th set, Italy performed on a different level: superb serving, very stable reception, excellent Savani and Lasko in side-out.

This is wat a feared most: our outside hitters (Verhanneman, Claes, Klinkenberg, Deroo) aren't able to score 40%+ stats in attack.
    Van Walle was excellent, scoring (13/19, only 3 errors) and both MB's also.
    I was surprised by Verhanneman's stats (30%). I expected him to score much better. He definitely looks much fitter than last season: you can notice best in the way he is serving - he serves a lot better than in the play-off games last season.
    Hope he can come up with better stats in the games coming next.

Congrats to Italian team: pretty impressive in 2nd and 4th,

• I hope at least for a point from that match :)

I'm sure Bulgaria won't give up easily! You're definitely gonna fight. It's really hard to predict the result, but I just expect a very good game from both sides :) Too bad there can't be tie in volleyball.... :D
    Come on Poland, Come on Bulgaria! The better will win, but I hope both of you will show a very interesting game! :drink:

• I just read an interview with Vlado Nikolov and.......he claims that we don't have any weak points. Does he know that Bartman isn't in the team? :D

• I'm sure Bulgaria won't give up easily! You're definitely gonna fight. It's really hard to predict the result, but I just expect a very good game from both sides :) Too bad there can't be tie in volleyball.... :D
    Come on Poland, Come on Bulgaria! The better will win, but I hope both of you will show a very interesting game! :drink:

I don't think so. Yesterday Bulgaria lost just because they were not willing to fight at all, show no hart, no desire, no passion. If they show just a little bit of those match could have been a 3-0 win. Too many wasted set/match points, too many mistakes from Stoychev - who made a reall mass with the team, a lot of useless rotations, bad timing, trying to play saftly insted of push in the right moment, very strange decesiong to play with 2 debutants (Gadzhanaov and Skrimov), especially Gadzhanov who showed absolutely nothing in this match and yet he keep him in the whole 5 sets. Stoychev ruin the whole atmosphere IMO with those rotations. Team is a big chaos in the moment and the atmosphere is not good, no emotions, no desire, no heart. That's it. It is over.

• we played great match yesterday, really impressive stuff from our guys. we actually SERVED so well. Kubiak and Kurek were kicking some serious asses, first 2 sets were simply amazing by Kubiak he was playing like a champ-i love this guy he brings so many positive emotions on the court and i'm happy Andrea trusted him and gave him a achance to play in the starting 6. he has never played on international che,mpionship and it wAS GREAT START FROM HIM.
    it was very important victory not only cus we need points in this incre4dibly strong pool but i think it gave our guys needed boost in confidence. after memorial most ppl were bashing our team and the atmosphere around our team wasn't great.

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• I have some trouble with the statistics, I mean, I've got these problems ever since the first time I read this kind of CEV stat, and now I want to make it clear.

So, here's the question: what does the "vote" figure mean? Is that represent the overall performance of a player in the match? If so, why liberos' numbers are not available?
    And another, what does "BP"(aka break points) exactly mean. I don't think it means the same to tennis break points.

Thank you~

• I don't think so. Yesterday Bulgaria lost just because they were not willing to fight at all, show no hart, no desire, no passion. If they show just a little bit of those match could have been a 3-0 win. Too many wasted set/match points, too many mistakes from Stoychev - who made a reall mass with the team, a lot of useless rotations, bad timing, trying to play saftly insted of push in the right moment, very strange decesiong to play with 2 debutants (Gadzhanaov and Skrimov), especially Gadzhanov who showed absolutely nothing in this match and yet he keep him in the whole 5 sets. Stoychev ruin the whole atmosphere IMO with those rotations. Team is a big chaos in the moment and the atmosphere is not good, no emotions, no desire, no heart. That's it. It is over.

Yeah I noticed this confusing situation. Anyway I hope Bulgaria will manage to get up and show some nice game. Please guys, fight :flower: I'm really curious about this match, it's gonna be a meeting of my 2 favourite teams...couldn't think of a worse/better scenario :D
    I've read an interview with Vlado and he said that you're gonna fight, there's no other choice. He also said that if you'll cope with our serve, you'll cope with other things as well.
    Can't wait for this match! I'm seriously expecting a nice game, don't disappoint me Polish and Bulgarian guys!

• I have some trouble with the statistics, I mean, I've got these problems ever since the first time I read this kind of CEV stat, and now I want to make it clear.

So, here's the question: what does the "vote" figure mean? Is that represent the overall performance of a player in the match? If so, why liberos' numbers are not available?
    And another, what does "BP"(aka break points) exactly mean. I don't think it means the same to tennis break points.

Thank you~

I think the "vote" is a mathematical "summary" of the other stats, but I'm guessing... may be the libero doesn't have it because he have stats only for reception.

About BP, a BP is a point scored when your own team is serving. While when you score when the other team is serving it's called, if I'm not wrong, side-out. A "break" in fact is when a team scores two points in a row (in italian the commentators say also smth like "they are a break over"= they have 2 points more)

A team strong in break-point (ex Cuneo), usually has strong serve and strong block (or cooperation block-defense).

About Bulgaria, don't be so worried: even winning only one match you'll have the chance to pass (checking the other teams' result). but of course you need to play stronger to reach smth in the next phase. I'm sure you will. :D

• Vlado Nikolov gave some intervies after the match with Slovakia and was not right in what he said.
    So I think we will loose next matches and he has to eat his words back. :thumbdown:

That seriously makes me sad :( What about Germany? You guys are gonna play shitty game against them as well? Pleeeeaaaaseee, I can't imagine next stage of the tournament without you.

• Now Germany is the scapegoat. Are they the most likely eliminated team in Pool D?

Thx for the explanation.

• We'll lose today and beat GER tomorrow. That's the best scenario.

Now Germany is the scapegoat. Are they the most likely eliminated team in Pool D?

ahah Germans were picked as favourities to win our group, and now while reading some comments, it looks like favourites may not advance to the next phase :D Before the ECh they claimed that they want to finally win something and would like to grab a medal. Problems with handling the pressure?

• About Bulgaria, don't be so worried: even winning only one match you'll have the chance to pass (checking the other teams' result). but of course you need to play stronger to reach smth in the next phase. I'm sure you will. :D

If we can't beat this weak(sorry Polish friends, but this is your weakest team in last 7-8 years, imo) Poland and Germany, we don't have any business in the next phase. As strange as it sounds, I think we'll be first in the group. :thumbsup:

• About Bulgaria, don't be so worried: even winning only one match you'll have the chance to pass (checking the other teams' result). but of course you need to play stronger to reach smth in the next phase. I'm sure you will. :D

I am not so sure about that. When there is not desire to win, you lose. It is as simple as that.

That seriously makes me sad :( What about Germany? You guys are gonna play shitty game against them as well? Pleeeeaaaaseee, I can't imagine next stage of the tournament without you.

I wouldn't be so dissapointed had Slovakia really outplayed us or something like that. But when you hold the match in your hands and let it slip like that cause you were just not so willing to win and had ho heart to care...no, it is not going to happen like that.

We'll lose today and beat GER tomorrow. That's the best scenario.

Germany will upp its level. Can't say the same for our team, tough.

Now Germany is the scapegoat. Are they the most likely eliminated team in Pool D?

Germany is sufuring the absence of Tisher, I guess. Must be very hard to change the main setter in the last minute, but they will recover from that and will start play better, I am sure.

• Now Germany is the scapegoat. Are they the most likely eliminated team in Pool D?

My bet is still on Slovakia to be eliminated

• If we can't beat this weak(sorry Polish friends, but this is your weakest team in last 7-8 years, imo) Poland and Germany, we don't have any business in the next phase. As strange as it sounds, I think we'll be first in the group. :thumbsup:

wake up, rugby
    we will lose the match with Poland in the very same brainfarted choking way as yesterday. Besides this is 'weakest' Poland - what would you say about mighty Bulgaria with alikes of - Gadzhnaov? Skrimov? Ivanov/Bozhilov???? Is this a strong team? I don't think so! Our team in the past used to have 1 really weak point - the second OH - aka Aleksiev. Now we have 3! weak pionts - one OH, the libero! and a MB. That's a half team?! isn't it?
    the battle with Germany will be very though, unpreditable.

• If we can't beat this weak(sorry Polish friends, but this is your weakest team in last 7-8 years, imo) Poland and Germany, we don't have any business in the next phase. As strange as it sounds, I think we'll be first in the group. :thumbsup:

No problem, you just said true words, 'cause that's absolutely right- it's probably our weakest squad since....a very long time.
    Luckily our coach is trying to squeeze out all the best they have, and sometimes it looks pretty good, considering the roster obviously.

• Bulgaria - Slovakia is uploaded in youtube, or most of it

• Not single word about Zygadlo :rolll: and he was one of the best on field :whistle: and Anastasi is strongest Polish link ;)

Lozano totally missed tactics or better to say Anastasi made big joke of him :obey: Poland played very good, controling their mistakes while Germany didn't exist. Kromm, Bohme :rolll: :aww: Kromm with 211cm height couldn't spike over or near Polish block :rolll: Average player, I don't remember when I saw his last good game :aww: Grozer was the best despite 3 months break so it's question how is that possible because Schops is fully fit :what: Grozer and Hubner were quite good...

Didn't watch Bulgaria but I dont understand how they managed to lose vs Slovakia with 40 errors :what: :aww: