European Championships 2011

• Our cunning fox after POL-SVK match:

You feel the pain after this defeat.

I won't lie- I don't feel. I don't feel, because thanks to this defeat we will play against Czechs and possibly with Slovakia again, not with Russia, which I value much higher. Our goal is medal, so it's obvious that I want the easier way for it, not the toughest.

You wanted to lose?

Firstly, plan was changing during the day. First I watched second match in our group with big interest, because its result had to tell us what scenarios are possible. If Germans would have won, we still would have chances to take first place in the group. Then I would play with my basic squad and tried every way to win. But after Bulgaria's victory, we lost the possibility to be the leader, and we already had advancement for play-offs. So I gave some rest for those players who played the most so far.

What did you say to bench players?

I told them to play as best as they can. Really. And they I watched calmly how they were doing.

• :white: Vlado is tallking about the gold! Wow! That's brave!
    EDIT: This reminds me the interview with Stoychev after WL he was asked: is he happy with the 5th place - he said - No, 5th place does not count, only the 1st place matters 8|

I repeat I have never seen them so confident 8| that's kind of speaking is a little bit unusual to us. May be Vlado really wants a gold with the team,he is not that young anymore and feels that the time has come. And for Stoychev is clear - from his club career he has used to be on the top and obviously in the NT he wants the same :D

pp. For some time I see Vlado Nikolov more like some administrator - speaker than opposite, does he have some healthy problems, he's somehow as I said before "passive" on the cort, before he didn't like speaking in front of the medias at al, but since Konstantinov is no longer in the team he became very chatty :D

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Vlado, please shut up! If this is some kind of inspiring words, they're very stupid. You are so sure that we will overcome Estonia and then beat Russia, like it happened 100 times ago and we win every time we meet them. I agree with rugby that Rado's decision was completely stupid. :down:

• At least after Argentina gave Poland the win in the Final 8 now Italian Coach shows that Polish NT is without honor.

No one lives from honor... what is ''giving'' life are money, trophies and results not honor. In 30-40 years only result will stay, no one will reember how some team won medal :whistle:

France :obey: finally great match :obey: great fighting spirit and mental strenght :obey: It's time to see Toniutti as a starter :whistle: Trefle monster match with 8 killing blocks :box: Vadelux also and kth king N'Gapeth :drink:

Anastasi :rolll: :dance6: :gone:

• I couldn't watch any match of the Serbians. Does anyone have the statistics from the last one, I'm curious how they are paliyng , and especially Miljkovic, because in the friendly matches he didn't seem on the regular level. Does Kolakovic use Kovacevic in the starting 6 or?

Wild Wild West!

• No one lives from honor... what is ''giving'' life are money, trophies and results not honor. In 30-40 years only result will stay, no one will reember how some team won medal :whistle:

France :obey: finally great match :obey: great fighting spirit and mental strenght :obey: It's time to see Toniutti as a starter :whistle: Trefle monster match with 8 killing blocks :box: Vadelux also and kth king N'Gapeth :drink:

Anastasi :rolll: :dance6: :gone:

Society can not exist without moral. Empires have fallen for corruption, and still they fall. Countries with bigger corruption and less moral are poorer, the people live shorter life, full of risks and less pleasure. That is the way everywhere. Volleyball can not grow in this swamp of corruption. It needs strict rules to be one the top sports and unless people understand this there will be no better future for it. You can't expect to have good volleyball in your country if you achieve wins by cheating. What if the business in the country is the same, what if only the connected get the prize, the country will bankrupt. This oriental thinking is deadly for any society, including volleyball one. The only civilized people on this planet are those who understand that the need of fair rules and law above all partial interests, equal for everyone is vital for the survival of humanity and humans. The human experience is unavoidable evidence. Look Roman Empire, Look USSR or Ottoman Empire, look the countries with the happiest people - Scandinavians and draw your conclusions

• Society can not exist without moral. Empires have fallen for corruption, and still they fall. Countries with bigger corruption and less moral are poorer, the people live shorter life, full of risks and less pleasure. That is the way everywhere. Volleyball can not grow in this swamp of corruption. It needs strict rules to be one the top sports and unless people understand this there will be no better future for it. You can't expect to have good volleyball in your country if you achieve wins by cheating. What if the business in the country is the same, what if only the connected get the prize, the country will bankrupt. This oriental thinking is deadly for any society, including volleyball one. The only civilized people on this planet are those who understand that the need of fair rules and law above all partial interests, equal for everyone is vital for the survival of humanity and humans. The human experience is unavoidable evidence. Look Roman Empire, Look USSR or Ottoman Empire, look the countries with the happiest people - Scandinavians and draw your conclusions

I didn't ask for moral lection, what I've said is how the world is rolling :whistle: All knows what run the world and for sure honor isn't that ''thing'' ;) Sooner you understand that it's better for you. :drink:

P.S. what do you mean by ''oriental thinking''? Probably you wanted to say eastern or post communism thinking

• I couldn't watch any match of the Serbians. Does anyone have the statistics from the last one, I'm curious how they are paliyng , and especially Miljkovic, because in the friendly matches he didn't seem on the regular level. Does Kolakovic use Kovacevic in the starting 6 or?

Miljković and Nikić didnt play vs Austria

Austria - Serbia stats

• Why Serbia always comes in such nice groups and flows. Every championchip our performance is the same close to final and finally nothing.

But after all Serbia will meet Russia in the semifinal if they (both) will win the quarter.

I hope that Italy after this ridicoulus three sets will find themself again, or Slovenia/Finland will have an easy victory. Tie break with 23% in attack, it's a joke :pinch:

Wonderful to see Parodi back.

N'gapeth was really consistent (but dude, don't spend like 1 minute to knot your shows, when you have to serve :pinch: ), Rouzier had great moments for a while (the biginning of the first set *.*), and anonimous moment other time, Trefle was impressive in block.

• Miljković and Nikić didnt play vs Austria

Austria - Serbia stats

Hm, yes, quite logical - they don't need them to beat Austria. And as I supposed Nikola was a total black hole even in this match :wacko: he is really unpersuadable, I would compare his presence in Serbian team with that of Toshko Aleksiev in ours... Still I expect from Serbians much more that what Miljkovic said before the compatition - 6 palce. They have pretty good chance for medal.

Wild Wild West!

• But you could have also analyzed the situation. It was enough to lose to Germans. You would have a guaranteed advancement and 3rd place in group D would be quite real.

Fair play to Bulgaria, loosing against Germany surly was a tough task. At some points in the fourth they tried it with sending peace doves over the net. But as fair sportsmen, my beloved team just didn' t want accept the invitation. Maybe the CEV can award them a fair-play medal? But the best thing is: We don't have to play Russia in the quarters :cheesy:

At the moment i'm really too disappointed to deliver any analysis about this "performance". For the german ladies it doesn' look to promising as well. That could be hard september for german volleyball-fans.

• Hm, yes, quite logical - they don't need them to beat Austria. And as I supposed Nikola was a total black hole even in this match :wacko: he is really unpersuadable, I would compare his presence in Serbian team with that of Toshko Aleksiev in ours... Still I expect from Serbians much more that what Miljkovic said before the compatition - 6 palce. They have pretty good chance for medal.

Put Miljko away and Serbia is average team. Sounds strange but it's true. Kovačević isn't material for NT, that's clear.

• Put Miljko away and Serbia is average team. Sounds strange but it's true. Kovačević isn't material for NT, that's clear.

I agree, Miljkovic makes the diference - he's a class. Well, MBs are too quite efective, but you are right, without Ivan they are a taem from a lower level. The problem for Serbia's future opponents is that he's here, at all - that's not always enough but in most cases it works :P I think that with him they have the potential to make it to the semi-finals and even take a medal - may be that will save the head of Kolakovic, because recently his chair is becoming really hot. But let first see them against more strong oponents and then will see.

Wild Wild West!

• Anastasi gave in the match against Slovakia... Polish bench players are another thing - they did their best in my opinion, but they are just weaker than first six of Slovakia.
    The match was difficult to watch - Slovaks wanted to win to take the 1st place, while Poles didn't care much.
    This time Poland didn't play to win, but to avoid Russia. I feel slight disgust... On the other hand those stupid rules are the reason of all the problems. Let us see if this calculations give us any profits :S
    We don't have to play Russia, but if we want to be in 1/4 we need to beat Czechs in the playoffs. They are quite good team and play at home. I predict we lose it - Czechs have big chance to achieve something great and may not let this chance go.
    I'm affriad of "Niemczyk's case" (in 2004 OG qualies he wanted to play Azerbaijan instead of Italy and lost...). Czech Rep. are favorites in the game for me. Of course I'd like to be wrong...
    Generally Slovakia has achieved a lot already - 1/4 is a big success for this team. I'm also really surprised, that Estonia smashed Portugal 8| Portugal had had quite good international season so far, so their result is disappointing. But congratulations for Estonians. And for Finland on beating Belgium in straight sets, which is also quite surprising for me. Actually the whole group with FRA, ITA, FIN and BEL was very equal. But somebody had to be eliminated. This time it was Belgians turn...

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

Edited once, last by Konrad ().

• Poland - Bulgaria match is uploaded in youtube

• France could surprise everyone at the end, they have very good coach and balanced players

• I didn't ask for moral lection, what I've said is how the world is rolling :whistle: All knows what run the world and for sure honor isn't that ''thing'' ;) Sooner you understand that it's better for you. :drink:

P.S. what do you mean by ''oriental thinking''? Probably you wanted to say eastern or post communism thinking

Communism is in fact oriental feudalism. About honor running the world, I was speaking for economic research, which proved that in the countries with more honour (one law for everybody, low crime rates), the people are richer, healthier and happier