European Championships 2011

• Amazing match, especially third set, what a come back. From 10-16, later 12-18, then 14-20, and finally 31-29. We have one of the weakest team from many years, and still have chance for semilinals, that's funny. :lol:

That happens when Anastazi cheats

• What more can I say?
    The match between Poland and Czech Rep. was a big fight. Poland showed a team spirit in crucial moments and Czechs didn't use their chance. Kubiak/Ruciak :thumbup: If one of them had some troubles, the another knew how to replace him - Anastasi was making very sensible substitutions. I was quite calm during the game, but the 3rd set was too much for me :lol:
    After we fortunately had managed to win it I knew Czechs wouldn't win the whole game - they had been broken... Now we have clear way to the semis. It might be interesting against Slovaks, but I don't think they beat us again. Not this time...
    On the other hand I can't say I'm 100% sure of that :pinch: Let us see. I believe, that even this Polish team is better than Slovakia and I hope our players will be able to show it on the court.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

Edited once, last by Konrad ().

• Actually, Gruszka means "pear" :P

Kurek donated for Czechs almost the same number of points as he scored for team ^^ He scored 21 and made 17! errors. I love him, he is out of this world but he just can't present for Slovaks as many points as he presented for Czechs :aww:
    Piotrek Nowakowski was spectacular yesterday, I can even forgive him pathetic serve on the net when we had a set ball. I still think Możdżonek is useful only in block. He isn't Kadziewicz. As well as Nowakowski. But Nowakowski is a middle blocker from who Kadziewicz could be proud :D Nowakowski scored 17. Możdżonek 9. His 9 is ONLY 9 with a result of Piotrek. I want see Kosok more in game!

It's weird 'cause Slovakia suppose to be weakened without Masny. But this second setter did a great job, already.

I think Kubiak will be back in starting six. I wouldn't be so sure about your sentence "IMO they make no difference, both are OK but just OK". Kubiak isn't ok, he is fantastic for me. Even if he is suck, he comes back to his great playing when it is needed. He show it yesterday. Blocks, monster serves :obey: And he is different than Ruciak. I agree with one - they complement each other perfectly. Ruciak is our best receiver, IMO. And his serves are also monstrous. Kubiak is far better in attack (and in blocking :D ). They are both not quite tall but they proved that really good player doesn't have to be more than 200cm to climb the peaks and achieve something unbelievable. Like I said, Michał Kubiak is our secret weapon, he is kinda "refuge" for Kurek and he can surprise as even more than he already did. And Ruciak is a savior when everything started to falling apart.

I dream about seeing Fabian in starting six :roll: I was so angry when he didn't even appear on the court yesterday. Andrea claims he wanted to turn the tide of the game in third set. That's why he called Kubiak and Jarosz. But why the hell he didn't even take Fabian into consideration? Isn't it attempt to turn the tide of the game, at least, replacing setter the second one? Some change of style of play. Fabian can surprise our opponent 'cause he isn't as known as Żygadło. And he is simply better than Żygadło :P He is pure talent, our wind of hope.

• Actually, Gruszka means "pear" :P

Yes, and Kurek means "a tap" and Jarosz "a vegetarian" :D

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

Piotrek Nowakowski was spectacular yesterday, I can even forgive him pathetic serve on the net when we had a set ball.

And the pathetic ball he "spike" (awfully :lol: ) in the middle of the net at the end of the third set :rolll:

Can't wait for 16.00 pm!!!!!!!

• I think Kubiak will be back in starting six. I wouldn't be so sure about your sentence "IMO they make no difference, both are OK but just OK". Kubiak isn't ok, he is fantastic for me. Even if he is suck, he comes back to his great playing when it is needed. He show it yesterday. Blocks, monster serves :obey: And he is different than Ruciak. I agree with one - they complement each other perfectly. Ruciak is our best receiver, IMO. And his serves are also monstrous. Kubiak is far better in attack (and in blocking :D ). They are both not quite tall but they proved that really good player doesn't have to be more than 200cm to climb the peaks and achieve something unbelievable. Like I said, Michał Kubiak is our secret weapon, he is kinda "refuge" for Kurek and he can surprise as even more than he already did. And Ruciak is a savior when everything started to falling apart.

That's simply because I am too obsessed with other Polish OHs: Winiarski, Swiderski, Bakiewicz(though many of you dislike him) and the most impressed Kurek. So, I just can't be distracted any more. :D My "favourite player" list is limited~

I dream about seeing Fabian in starting six :roll: I was so angry when he didn't even appear on the court yesterday. Andrea claims he wanted to turn the tide of the game in third set. That's why he called Kubiak and Jarosz. But why the hell he didn't even take Fabian into consideration? Isn't it attempt to turn the tide of the game, at least, replacing setter the second one? Some change of style of play. Fabian can surprise our opponent 'cause he isn't as known as Żygadło. And he is simply better than Żygadło :P He is pure talent, our wind of hope.

I totally understand Anastasi's decision. You know, I like Fabian very much (I even made a room for him in my favourite player box) and I like his matches. But he's definitely not strong enough to handle a disadvantageous situation, i.e. falling behind 6 pts, in so important a match. If he made it, he's a hero, but what if he lose it? I don't want guilty to kill this promising kid.
    And Zygadlo didn't mess it up. That's the best ending.

• Yes, and Kurek means "a tap" and Jarosz "a vegetarian" :D

And Jarosz rocks :lol:
    Murek means "wall" or maybe better "a little wall"
    Kadziewicz sounds like "flatter something" or fist four letter "vat" or "tub" so he could be called in english Vatewicz :P
    Winiarski reminds me about vine
    Wlazły :lol: polish people make fun from this name speaking "Wlazł i wylazł". It means something like "climb" but as an adjective
    Gacek like a bat :D
    Możdżonek has strangest surname ever. It reminds me about word "brain" I don't even know why :aww: Watching his game I would tell rather "brainless"...
    Kłos means "ear" but this second meaning connecting with corn
    Wiśniewski sounds like "cherries" but as an adjective, so "cherry" or something like that

That's simply because I am too obsessed with other Polish OHs: Winiarski, Swiderski, Bakiewicz(though many of you dislike him) and the most impressed Kurek. So, I just can't be distracted any more. :D My "favourite player" list is limited~

I wouldn't be surprised if Kubiak surprise you soon so much that you'll put him on your list of your favourite players :P This guy's possibilities are endless. He didn't show yet, what he really can do. He already made half of polish volleyball fans obsessed with him.
    And I like Bąkiewicz. He was always like a savior for me when our basic players were in real trouble. I just can't understand his decisions. Why he prefers sitting on the Skra bench when almost every club in Poland wanted him. And in other clubs he could be player in starting six. But, whatever... Good luck with sitting, watching, gaining weight and getting older.

Oh, man... He looks like a combination of Darth Vader with Predator :D

• Winiarski's name can be shorten as Wini so I always came up with Winnie the Pooh.
    Mika gives me an impression of Teddy Bear because he simply looks like it.
    Mozdzonek's surname cost me a long time to remember, I always shorten it as Moz, Mozzie or whatever. Anyone watched White Collar(A US TV series) will know what I mean.
    And the most important, Poles vs Mozzie reads similar to Plants vs. Zombies . Don't tell me you never played this game.

Alright, I'm offtopic. It's the relaxation before the quarterfinal. :lol:

• Wlazly in Bulgarian means sth like "enters" or "entered".
    So imagine when our commentator mentions the players:
    Kurek,Wlazly...

Do you have a player called Putek or Putiak or Putewicz? :D

• Statistics from match Poland - Czech Republic:

ATTACK:
    Poles = 60%
    Możdżonek with 100% - 7/7 :lol:
    Nowakowski 80% - 12/15 :obey:
    Kurek 53%
    Jarosz 58% - 7/12 :woohoo:

Czechs = 47%
    Jan Stokr 46%
    Peter Platenik 42%
    Ondrej Hudecek 63%

BLOCK:
    Poland - Czech Republic 9:5

Nowakowski 5
    Możdżonek 2
    Kubiak 1
    Jarosz 1

Stokr 2
    Platenik 2

RECEPTION:
    Poles = 68% positive, 47% perfect
    Ignaczak = 79% positive and 57% perfect :obey:
    Ruciak = 64% and 50%

Czechs = 56% and 47%
    Ondrej Hudecek = 71% and 62%
    Martin Krystof = 63% and 56%

SERVES:
    Czechs = 96 serves, 15 errors, 10 points
    Lukas Tichacek 5 points :obey:
    Peter Platenik 2
    Jan Stokr 1
    Jiri Popelka 1
    Jakub Vesely 1

Poles = 102, 14 errors, 4 points
    Ruciak 2
    Kubiak 2

ERRORS:
    Poles 25 : Czechs 23

Winiarski's name can be shorten as Wini so I always came up with Winnie the Pooh.

I love it :heart:

Wlazly in Bulgarian means sth like "enters" or "entered".
    So imagine when our commentator mentions the players:
    Kurek,Wlazly...

Do you have a player called Putek or Putiak or Putewicz? :D

No, we haven't :lol: Why?

• I love it :heart:

No, we haven't :lol: Why?

You really don't want to know, believe me , but if you follow the logic you can guess what it means :whistle:

As I think now you can ask Putin if he wnts to join your team :D - something like a special memeber

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• You really don't want to know, believe me , but if you follow the logic you can guess what it means :whistle:

As I think now you can ask Putin if he wnts to join your team :D - something like a special memeber

Ah... Bella is still a child. :lol: (is she '92? maybe she's not 18 yet)
    I don't know any Bulgarian or Polski. But I know the V word. :love:

• Statistics from match Poland - Czech Republic:

ATTACK:
    Poles = 60%
    Możdżonek with 100% - 7/7 :lol:

It's unbelievable how fantastic was play between Mozdzonek and Zygadlo, no, between Zygadlo and both middle blockers. It suprised me so much. Because Mozdzonek with 100% in attack... I don't remember a similar situation :lol:

• Ah... Bella is still a child. :lol: (is she '92? maybe she's not 18 yet)

Well, I'm '92, too :D

btw: Is there some other link for the matches except lemonsport - it's horrible, I couldn't see almost anything from the matches I followed there:cursing:

Wild Wild West!

" There is nothing better than this"

• You really don't want to know, believe me , but if you follow the logic you can guess what it means :whistle:

Well, I guess now what it means :whistling:

triglav_kran, in Polish "Wlazły" means the same, and "Kurek" sth like "tap" - and that's why we always laugh that Russians won't turn off our Kurek (it's brindle strap to "gas tap" - Russians controls the gas in Poland ;P).

I remember one banner which I saw on the audience "Takiego Kurka nam nie zakręcicie" ("You won't turn off our Kurek" as well) :D but I don't remember on what match it was. But it sounds so great!

Ah... Bella is still a child. :lol: (is she '92? maybe she's not 18 yet)

Actually, I will be 20 soon :D

It's unbelievable how fantastic was play between Mozdzonek and Zygadlo, no, between Zygadlo and both middle blockers. It suprised me so much. Because Mozdzonek with 100% in attack... I don't remember a similar situation :lol:

That's why I'm laughing so much now :P If he just try to play differently today... Maaafia :whistle:

• It's like we speak the same language, just a bit different accents.

Крушка(Kruszka) - pear(круша/krusza)
    Винярски(Winiarski) - "from wine" or the fly which is circling along the grapes - винарка(winarka)
    Mozdzonek - it seems we have the same word for brain - мозък(mozak/mozuk)
    Вишневски(wisniewski) - sour cherry(вишна/wiszna)
    Ruciak - close to "hand"
    Jarosz - ferosity(ярост/jarost)

Actually your whole team has great family names(exc. Kurek :D ). From Bulgarian NT I can thik only of Sokolov, there's no one else.