European Championships - 2013 - hosts Denmark and Poland

• France-Spain seems like the most interesting game today. Anyone knows if it will be broadcasted over the internet?

• Germany will play wih Schops and Fromm as OH and Grozer as O.

Actually, Vital Heynen is trying hard to find a good OH through out the country. Not long ago, he still invited Dirk Westphal for a training, the 26 year old and 203cm tall OH who is now playing in Belgium. It's shame that he finally gave him up but tried to position Schoeps on the court as an OH. I don't think it's a good solution cause Schoeps is no longer young and will obviously not familiar with this new position. It's very possible that his receiving and attacking level will not either give enough support for this team to step onto a higher level. To upper most, this is just a temporary solution to the problem of a strong desire of good OHs(or enough OHs) for Germany. In the long run, Germany should make every effort to cultivate his own OHs. This is a quite obvious thing no matter to us fans or their volleyball federation officials.

Another thing I felt curious is that Vital Heynen tried Fromm to play Opp. Actually he is a receiver when playing in club. I don't think he is a good Opp, and there are already enough Opps in Germany. IMP, Duennes might be a better Opp substitute, but this time I don't know why Vital Heynen didn't invite him. He didn't play in last time's exhibition match with VFB Friedrichshafen. Does he has some personal affairs or any other reasons? I don't know...... Hope he is as physically good as usual.

All in all, it's a relatively easy tournament for Germany this time. Maybe Vital Heynen wants to try different combinations to see which one is the most effective. After all, he seams quite confident letting Gunthor and Andrae to rest, although I personally didn't think the current Andrae is necessarily needed by this team... :D

• France-Spain seems like the most interesting game today. Anyone knows if it will be broadcasted over the internet?

cannot find any website broadcasting this tournament. It's quite curious that laola1 is not gona broadcast even one match of this elimination..... :aww:

• No one concerns these elimination matches? No news, no live streams, no audience?.................Ok, the only thing I can count on is the CEV live score... :whistle: :whistling:

• Germany is playing really hard against Ukraine. This is quite out of my expection. They were once far behind Ukrainian during the middle of the third set, and I could not even believe they would take this set. But they finally did, which quite surprised me. The forth set is still going on, and the current score is 10:8. Cannot find out who are playing on the court.

• It's not only Germany with problems in the qualifiers, the hosts of Pool A Portugal were struggling against Great Britain while Turkey was stunned by Belarus. Greece might not be the team from years ago, but still they lost at home against Montenegro 0-3 (!). Slovenia had some problems with Sweden, the Netherlands also with Estonia, but we know there that the Estonians are a tough opponent. It's indeed interesting what is going on in the six pools. For the time being only the Czech Rep. and Finland look OK, France won an important one against Spain, we'll see whether Spain will fight back. Something else that is interesting is the transition of Jan Stokr from the opposite position to an OH under the guidance of the new head coach Bernard. Works fine versus FYROM and Austria, but I doubt he would risk it in a more serious game.

• It's not only Germany with problems in the qualifiers, the hosts of Pool A Portugal were struggling against Great Britain while Turkey was stunned by Belarus. Greece might not be the team from years ago, but still they lost at home against Montenegro 0-3 (!). Slovenia had some problems with Sweden, the Netherlands also with Estonia, but we know there that the Estonians are a tough opponent. It's indeed interesting what is going on in the six pools. For the time being only the Czech Rep. and Finland look OK, France won an important one against Spain, we'll see whether Spain will fight back. Something else that is interesting is the transition of Jan Stokr from the opposite position to an OH under the guidance of the new head coach Bernard. Works fine versus FYROM and Austria, but I doubt he would risk it in a more serious game.

Yeah, so unexpected, I thought Germany, France, Finland and Czech Rep would be relatively easy, but according to the current situation, it's not that true. At least Germany and France will probably cannot guarantee their first positions in their pool respectively, if they are going on playing with such a bad shape. Finland and Czech Rep are still ok at this moment, and they should not confront many troubles from other teams in their pools cause their opponents are relatively weak. But everything is possible, so we will see what will happen in the following competitions. So Stokr is playing as OH now? That's interesting, and from these position-transition events (Schops is also changed to play OH) we can see how serious the situation of lacking good OHs is becoming. BTW, seemingly the French Opp Antonin Rouzier doesn't play this time.

• One thing strange is that the result of Germany vs Ukraine is still unavailable on the CEV page. The current score is still staying at 10:8 of set 4. So what's wrong with this match? Or it's just because the CEV staff forgot to updated it.

• One thing strange is that the result of Germany vs Ukraine is still unavailable on the CEV page. The current score is still staying at 10:8 of set 4. So what's wrong with this match? Or it's just because the CEV staff forgot to updated it.

Oh, I found the result on DVV page, It's 3:1, each set is close.

• Dutch NT played a very close match against Estonia (15-13 in 5th set).

Report at Dutch Federation-homepage: http://www.volleybal.nl/volley…rt-met-32-zege-op-estland

Today, at 5 PM, CET, Dutch NT plays against our neighbours from Belgium :)

• No one concerns these elimination matches? No news, no live streams, no audience?.................

Probably there is no big concern, because the European topteams don't participate.. :win:

• Probably there is no big concern, because the European topteams don't participate.. :win:

Yeah, the topteams have already qualified the finals, so it's understandable. BTW, it's quite large-scale a tournament involving so many countries...cause there are always that many countries in Europe...... :lol: :D :D

• Success:

Montenegro - Greece 3-0

Praise:

Belarus - Turkey 3-1

Discredit:

Turkey - Belarus 1-3

• Great Britian 3-2 Turkey

Men's team make me laugh :lol:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"