Hubert Wagner Memorial 2011

• Guys, did Świder play yesterday??? I mean a little longer than just two serves?

• Unfortunetly no :thumbdown: He went only on serves, but in 4th set he stay for one action longer as reciver. He changed Gruszka so we had 3 recivers on court.

• Unfortunetly no :thumbdown: He went only on serves, but in 4th set he stay for one action longer as reciver. He changed Gruszka so we had 3 recivers on court.

So that remain Kurek free from receiving? Wow, I've no idea Poland is relying so much on Bartek. It's a shame...

• Unfortunetly no :thumbdown: He went only on serves, but in 4th set he stay for one action longer as reciver. He changed Gruszka so we had 3 recivers on court :)

I'm waiting to see him for such a long time, but honestly I think I'm starting to lose my hope. Andrea didn't give him any chances to show his shape in Ostrowiec or in Katowice...I don't know, maybe he'll decide to let him play today, but I rather doubt it. I really would like to see Seba playing a little longer than just two serves or reception. Such an amazing man and player....

• So that remain Kurek free from receiving? Wow, I've no idea Poland is relying so much on Bartek. It's a shame...

Yes, but it was only one action, I don't think Andrea will use it often.

• Yes, but it was only one action, I don't think Andrea will use it often.

Yes, I hope so. But it's very dangerous. Actually Andrea would rather give up the opposite than receiver. Our attackers are in so awkward situation.
    Eh... I've nothing to say, the team condition makes everyone in a dilemma.

• And some of you were wondering why I put 2 Polish MB on nightmare list :whistle: this match is proof why I did that. Polish MB didn't exist at all and all tactics is based give ball to Kurek. He is good player but player, not Superman. We're talking about highest senior level not youth or juniors where one guy/girl can beat opponents.

He is. Superman, I mean :P
    I'm still wondering. Możdżonek is a disaster but Kosok is doing pretty well. He is new in NT and polish people really like him and count on him. Not mention that Andrea count on him and let him play in starting six instead of Możdżonek.

Alright, these guys now really piss me off. I can accept that they lose to some strong teams, however, Czech Rep.? seriously? they're not that strong.
    I don't know what's going on with the team recently. But the same squad beat Argentina twice and won one set over Russia (not to mention they had chances to win in the first two sets) in the WL. So I truely want these warm-up matches can bring that team back.

Martee don't you see it? Italians are after... how many friendly matches? Ten? And we had just four and the last one was muuuuuch better. You know what we lack? Rhythm of the match. Our players, every single one, say that they still have a lot of train, they spend a lot of time at the gym and they just have started to reduce the burden. I believe in their words. If Igła says that he lifted 120 kg on today's morning and later he must play I'm not surprised at all. They just need more time and more playing. To catch the rhytm. Chill out :win:

This is not Andrea's concept. This is Żygadło's concept.....to kill Kurek.

Yep, unfortunately it's true :pinch:
    But after yesterday's match I guess he get get a few strong words from Andrea on this topic :D

Oh really?
    Andrea said: I will work with Kurek. He will play until he is in the best shape.
    If Zygadlo is bad(he is, he is), why he's still our number 1 as a setter? It's Anastasi's choice.
    Sorry, but at World League this concept worked somehowe. Now, everybody's know, that we play the easiest game in the world. It's sad. Very sad.
    But... We can't play differently. If our attackers have 20% in attack... Zygadlo set to Ruciak hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh ball... Unbelievable.

Żygadło is a first setter because Andrea has no other choice. Łomacz played on last two (or am I wrong?) WL ( Imean not this year but before) and he wasn't good enough. Woicki is so terribly tragic that I don't even have proper words to define.
    And here appears another name: Drzyzga. He is a huge hope. But Andrea is just careful and he put on Żygadło because of his experience. But can't be angry longer because he finally gave a chance to Fabian :roll: But, anyway... We just haven't got other setters.
    I don't say nothing more about Zagumny because as we know he is on vacation. I greet to this gentleman!

Sometimes I think that Bera Okuniewska will be better in male NT than Możdżonek :white: :lol:

Yes because he can hit the ball properly and Możdżonek can't.

Muuuuch better than yesterday, very well play with middle blockers by setters, especially in second set. Unfortunately we still have a weak left and right wings.
    Kurek made a lot of errors in attack. It wasn't a good match in his performance. And guys, please, do something with your serve.

ANDREA - please, don't be so angry. Don't hit a camera. It's boorish.

Well... It was funny. I mean live :D

I read that Parodi's performance in the 4th set was good, that's a veeeery good news!! What a fast recovering! What a player!! :obey:
    I can't imagine what meant to him two days ago coming back in an official match vs RUSSIA and win it, and yesterday being useful for the team, also scoring important points! (the match point, I read, and a block with Mastro at the end of the 3rd set, right?...)
    And I'm very happy that Zaytsev is back to the court too, of course =)

BTW, It's really probable that for the ECh we will play with Savani, Zaytsev, Parodi and Maruotti as OH. I dont' know about Bari-Giovi, btw both will be in the 14 list for the ECh. And I think Buti will play instead of Birarelli...

I was so positively surprised when I saw these two. First Simone and then Ivan. I must say that yesterday Parodi was just great. It is unbelievable that this guy just came back to playing after serious injury! Zaytsev yesterday without fireworks, without spetacular serves but I'm happy that he is also back on the court. Italians should be very strong on ECh. Amazing Savani & Parodi & Zaytsev - holy trinity. Gosh, I love them.
    And about Luigi... No words. He is in a great shape now. Watching him is a pure pleasure. I can't even be angry at him when he score a point blocking our guys or attacking. He is simply too brilliant to be angry at him :P

Unfortunetly no :thumbdown: He went only on serves, but in 4th set he stay for one action longer as reciver. He changed Gruszka so we had 3 recivers on court.

And for sure I can say that Świder had the biggest support from the audience :thumbsup: Seriously.
    I was yesterday in Spodek. I haven't yet come to myself... but I'm happy. What a fantastic atmosphere. That was what we missed on the match with Czech Republic.
    In the second set our guys were ON FIRE. Actually, I would say that the whole match (beside first set) was really good. Finally Żygadło weren't killing Kurek by too many balls because our middle-blockers were insane. Możdżonek didn't even appear on the court, how funny it is :lol: But Kosok and Nowakowski yesterday... :obey: I want these two playing like that today with Russians. I would like to add to this list very helpful Kubiak. Igła the best as always :roll:

After the match my heart almost exploded when I saw our guys sitting on the court sad, depressed and silent. And the audience watching them started to shout "THANK YOU! THANK YOU!" to cheer them up. So I hope for our guys focus today, not sad and playing the match even better than yesterday. It's not impossible. For polish fans impossible is nothing ;)

• Poland played better against Italy than against Czech Rep. No doubt. At least it looked like volleyball (except terrible first set) and Italians were just better, but I don't have such a disgust, which I had after POL-CZE. At last and finally Poland played a lot with MBs and it was effective. I hope we will manage Russian somehow today and they won't crush us... :pinch:
    One more thing: in my opinion Anastasi is too nervous sometimes and he isn't right always. I think his emotional reactions may have bad influence on the players.
    Kk15
    WŁOCHY is pronounced like: W=V in English, Ł=W, O=O, CH=KH, Y=Y
    This name has a long tradition (from middle ages), as well as "NIEMCY" for Germany. It means something like "long hair" :lol: It's because Italians seemed to look completely different for Poles long time ago. There hair was much longer than Poles had :D

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Poland played better against Italy than against Czech Rep. No doubt. At least it looked like volleyball (except terrible first set) and Italians were just better, but I don't have such a disgust, which I had after POL-CZE. At last and finally Poland played a lot with MBs and it was effective. I hope we will manage Russian somehow today and they won't crush us... :pinch:
    One more thing: in my opinion Anastasi is too nervous sometimes and he isn't right always. I think his emotional reactions may have bad influence on the players.
    Kk15
    This name has a long tradition (from middle ages), as well as "NIEMCY" for Germany. It means something like "long hair" :lol: It's because Italians seemed to look completely different for Poles long time ago. There hair was much longer than Poles had :D

The first metal fans :super:

• And the winner is... Italy!
    Congrats for them, good tournament in their performance, but I don't really know who can be the MVP of Memorial, if organizers will choose this person from Italy.
    Lasko? No, he played good just today. Maybe Travica?
    Czech are the one of my favourites teams now, I really like to watching them on court, nice team, good setter and attacker. I will support them on ECH, they are unpredictable.

• YEEEEEEES!!!! :cup:
    And Zaytsev titoular again!!! I'm so happy!!
    Just sorry because I read that the set ball of the first set (I think) was touched by Ivan and not out, and the macth point by Buti was out an not in...

But WOW!!

bella

Martee don't you see it? Italians are after... how many friendly matches? Ten?

Ten????? :what: just TWO!!! both vs Czech Republic few days ago, ended both 3-2 for Czech, and after a periodof very hard work in the jim.
    May be you read infos about the female NT, they did A LOT of friendly matches.
    BTW, we will play like 2 friendly macthes vs Serbia before the ECh.

was so positively surprised when I saw these two. First Simone and then Ivan. I must say that yesterday Parodi was just great. It is unbelievable that this guy just came back to playing after serious injury! Zaytsev yesterday without fireworks, without spetacular serves but I'm happy that he is also back on the court. Italians should be very strong on ECh. Amazing Savani & Parodi & Zaytsev - holy trinity. Gosh, I love them.
    And about Luigi... No words. He is in a great shape now. Watching him is a pure pleasure. I can't even be angry at him when he score a point blocking our guys or attacking. He is simply too brilliant to be angry at him

so glad to heard that!!! what the hall, I'm so upset I couldn't see the macthes :mad: I wanna see Simone baaack!!

Konrad

Kk15
    This name has a long tradition (from middle ages), as well as "NIEMCY" for Germany. It means something like "long hair" It's because Italians seemed to look completely different for Poles long time ago. There hair was much longer than Poles had

Thanks for explaining, so it's actually a compleatly different pronunciation!! Actually I heard this explanation before but I forgot it...

• yes.. 2-0 rus, but im referring to the previous matches (polxita, rusxita...)

Well... It was funny. I mean live :D

Andrea's reactions live are epic :rolll: I was laughing so hard seeing him so angry, probably saying some nasty words :D But he's a different person off the court, not so scary as on the court :lol:

I can't even be angry at him when he score a point
    blocking our guys or attacking. He is simply too brilliant to be angry
    at him :P

Yeah, I know what do you mean :D I feel the same about some french and bulgarian players :D

• For all Polish users, I heard there is a website called IPLA were is possible to download matches from Polsat, sometimes... can anybody help me about that please? :flower:

On site http://www.ipla.tv there are videos, but these from memorial now you can watch only by payment. There are ways to download files from ipla, but instructions are only in polish and it's really complicated :mad:

Best players from memorial:
    MVP: Cristian Savani
    Best spiker: Maxim Mikhaylov
    Best blocker: Luigi Mastrangelo
    Best server: Alexander Volkov
    Best receiver: Denis Biryukov
    Best libero: Andrea Giovi
    Best setter: Lukas Tichacek

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• If you post them on megaupload, I will upload them in Youtube

• thanks for answering!

BTW, compliments to all these players, and as Italian I'll say also: great job Sava, Mastro (to me the name 'Mastro' will always be connected with 'amazing blocker'!), and expecially Giovi! He i's kind a surprise, considering that he wasn't even in the 25 list before the WL, and now he seems to be the titoular! Nice job man!