World Cup 2011

• I have post it long time ago. Though it was announced very early, it is exact roster for our team.

Martee, and what about Shen Kuong and Fang Jingchao? I remmeber they were good players from the matches we had against China in WL few years ago. Why are they not in the rooster?

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Martee, and what about Shen Kuong and Fang Jingchao? I remmeber they were good players from the matches we had against China in WL few years ago. Why are they not in the rooster?

Wow, it's good to know you remember these two outstanding players of our team. Actually, though I'm not a big fan of our national team, these two guys are still among my favourite list.:)
    Anyway, Shen Qiong joined our national team for WL Qualification and Asian Championship but had seldom chance to play. He's getting old (different from other countries, our countrymen always have shorter sport life) now and can only do some receiving job (and he does it wonderfully). Considering to develop a younger generation of players, our coach didn't select him before world cup.
    As of Fang Yingchao, he quit the national team after 08OG because of injury and personal stuff. In my mind he's kinda like Wlazly of China :lol: Here's a good news about him: he recently became a daddy! I'd like to share photos of his baby.

• Wow, it's good to know you remember these two outstanding players of our team. Actually, though I'm not a big fan of our national team, these two guys are still among my favourite list.:)
    Anyway, Shen Qiong joined our national team for WL Qualification and Asian Championship but had seldom chance to play. He's getting old (different from other countries, our countrymen always have shorter sport life) now and can only do some receiving job (and he does it wonderfully). Considering to develop a younger generation of players, our coach didn't select him before world cup.
    As of Fang Yingchao, he quit the national team after 08OG because of injury and personal stuff. In my mind he's kinda like Wlazly of China :lol: Here's a good news about him: he recently became a daddy! I'd like to share photos of his baby.

`
    Oh, I see, let's hope that your young players will use the chance given to them to improve their skills.
    BTW, Shen Qiong was also a good captain and leader of the team, who is in that role now, I haven't watched your team soon? Do all Chinese players from the rooster play in your homeleague? And is still Jianan Ju the head coach?
    Yingchao's baby :heart: - very cute reason to quit NT, I must admit.

Wild Wild West!

• Oh, I see, let's hope that your young players will use the chance given to them to improve their skills.
    BTW, Shen Qiong was also a good captain and leader of the team, who is in that role now, I haven't watched your team soon? Do all Chinese players from the rooster play in your homeleague? And is still Jianan Ju the head coach?
    Yingchao's baby :heart: - very cute reason to quit NT, I must admit.

Outside hitter Cui Jianjun(#8 ) will be the captain and Jianan Zhou(or Ju in your spell) will be the head coach.
    Yes, Chinese players always play in China volleyball league, they're somehow forbidden to play abroad.

• Baretto is injuried, even if is not still really clear with is going on with his shoulder (no broken bones, but the're waiting for the MR).

BTW, Maruotti leaved Rome today in order to reach the team in Japan. Unfortunally De Pandis wasn't in the 20 list so he can't play at the WC, so we won't have a proper second libero. I trust Giovi, but it's gonna be tough playing all the matches with no rest. Unless Mauro won't use someone else as libero to rest him.

May be Fei: he is italian jolly :lol:

• Iran's roster if anybody cares :D

Setter: Amir Hosseini, Mehdi Mahdavi
    MB: Mohammad Mousavi, Alireza Nadi, Hesam Bakhsheshi
    OP: Mehdi Bazargard, Amir Ghafour
    OH: Arash Kamalvand, Hamzeh Zarrini, Farhad Nazari-Afshar, Arash Keshavarzi, Pouria Fayyazi
    Libero: Farhad Zarif, Ali Hossein

let's see what Velasco has in his pocket. :D
    after the Asian Champs, Korean Head coach (he is also a former Iran NT coach) called Iran a very weak team that only can play at home, we will see how much he is right. :evil:

• MB: Isbel Mesa, Yasser Perdomo, and David Fiel (Debutant)
    S: R. Hierrezuelo, Y. Diaz, L. Estrada
    H: W. Leon, H. Bell, R. Cepeda, F. Hernandez, and Yordan Bicet (Debutant)
    L: K. Gutierrez

I don't like this Cuban team without Leal and Simon. I missed these two too much to fully enjoy watching the game of this team.

Wow, it's good to know you remember these two outstanding players of our team. Actually, though I'm not a big fan of our national team, these two guys are still among my favourite list.:)

Chinese version of Wlazły :lol: And he's daddy too.

Baretto is injuried, even if is not still really clear with is going on with his shoulder (no broken bones, but the're waiting for the MR).

BTW, Maruotti leaved Rome today in order to reach the team in Japan. Unfortunally De Pandis wasn't in the 20 list so he can't play at the WC, so we won't have a proper second libero. I trust Giovi, but it's gonna be tough playing all the matches with no rest. Unless Mauro won't use someone else as libero to rest him.

May be Fei: he is italian jolly :lol:

I heard about it ;( I hope it will be everything alright with Bari. He's funny to watch. I also like Giovi but Bari is more experienced and this whole WC... Hard nut to crack. And it's always something not pleasant if someone is out just before the start of the tournament...

Fei as a libero it could be too much :lol: But as OPP or MB or whatever... Perfettamente :thumbsup: I just wish I will watch him on the court very often.

• This is Serbian squad for World Cup announced today on press conference:

SE: Vlado Petković, Mihajlo Mitić
    OPP: Ivan Miljković, Aleksandar Atanasijević
    L: Nikola Rosić
    MB: Marko Podrascanin, Borislav Petrović, Dragan Stanković, Milan Rasić
    OH: Nikola Kovacević, Milos Nikić, Milos Terzić, Uros Kovacević, Milos Vemić

Sooo...without Filip Vujic and Nikola Jovovic. I am not so sure that is very smart to go with just 1 libero... We will see :) Can't wait for the World Cup to begin :dance4:

• Can anyone put Polish squad for WC because I dont have time to search it for hours.

S: Paweł Zagumny, Łukasz Żygadło
    OH: Michał Kubiak, Bartosz Kurek, Michał Ruciak, Michał Winiarski
    Opp: Zbigniew Bartman, Jakub Jarosz
    MB: Patryk Czarnowski, Marcin Możdżonek(C), Piotr Nowakowski, Łukasz Wiśniewski
    L: Krzysztof Ignaczak, Paweł Zatorski

And a prediction about the starting lineup:
    S: Zagumny
    Opp: Bartman
    OH: Winiarski, Kubiak
    MB: Mozdzonek, Nowakowski
    L: Ignaczak

• Why Simon and Leal aren't playing?

Probably Simon and Leal never play again by Cuban NT. Cuban media has not said a world about them. There have been rumors that after the WC in Italy, Simon as a Cuban captain asked for more money to share among the players after getting the silver medal and the money prize, also requested permission to play professionally in other leagues. The Cuban federation denied his request and he retaliated asking for a time off. There have been also rumors that a marriage was planned in order to leave Cuba. On the other hand Leal had almost a physical altercation with Samuels and was suspended from the NT, he was not allowed training with the rest of the team. The official media said that he had bad grades at school and needed some time to catch up with studying. :whistle:

• Is it possible?Again, and again,same problems for Cuba in last 10-12 years.Cuba is one of my favorite teams since '90,and I can't believe that is happening again.Cuba has many great players all over the world,and they don't play for the NT.When they played, Cuba would be the best team in the world for many years(together with Brazil).

• Some comments of Serbian palyers before the start of the WC:

Kovacevic: I expect us to be among the best three teams and to qualify for the Olympic games, but for sure our way to the podium won’t be easy. We all know that 11 matches in 14 days, in 4 different cities is a very though program. We have to play at a constant level without falls. The most important thing is to be healthy. As an European champion we will be watched with respect, but the truth is that the other teams are also very good, so it definitely won’t be easy for us. Every coach has selected the best possible rooster for the competition, because all teams want to reach to the Olympics. The tournament is very hard - players have to be both physically and psychologically prepared. This is going to be my first participation in WC and I will try to do my best.

Nikic: Of course, the best thing for us will be if we succeed to be in top 3 teams in the tournament, in order to directly go to the Olympic games, but as we all know WC is a very, very hard competition, with a lot of matches, intense program and a lot of travelling, so I can’t promise anything. We have to play like on the ECh and don’t be afraid no matter if the opponent is the team of Brazil or USA. Tournament is very strong, because there are maybe the best 7 teams at the moment, each will play with everyone and I think that every team will gain both victories and losses, because no one can win all the time with such exhaustive program. We have to search for our chances in every single match and don’t think of possible losses – our aim is the quota.

Wild Wild West!

• Iran and Poland played a friendly/warm-up/training/just-for-fun match today in Nagoya, Iran won 3-2, (23-25, 25-20, 26-24, 20-25, 17-15 )

• Iran and Poland played a friendly/warm-up/training/just-for-fun match today in Nagoya, Iran won 3-2, (23-25, 25-20, 26-24, 20-25, 17-15 )

"friendly/warm-up/training/just-for-fun match" I like this term. :lol:
    According to your photo, starting line-up for Poland are Zagumny, Bartman, Ignaczak, Kubiak, Winiarski, Mozdzonek and maybe Nowakowski. Too bad for Poland if they lose to Iran, which is not a considerably strong team, with their first selected players.
    Anyway, after a depression from German sweethearts' loss, I should probably lower my expectation towards Poland. They'd better manage a top 6 place among 12 teams.
    However, is top 6 too much for them? :S

• For me Poland is with Kurek in top 3 teams in the world :) friendly games are not important,so in my opinion Poland is one of the favorites at WC :) Russia,Brazil and Poland are favorites,but I will support Serbia.

• Bella, she isn't relative with Bjelica volleyball player,but her brother playing basketball for Kaha Laboral in Spain,and sister also playing basketball in France and for Montenegro basketball NT.sport family :)

Really? 8| I had no idea. It's weird that both her siblings represent Montenegro and she's playing for us.

• "friendly/warm-up/training/just-for-fun match" I like this term. :lol:
    According to your photo, starting line-up for Poland are Zagumny, Bartman, Ignaczak, Kubiak, Winiarski, Mozdzonek and maybe Nowakowski. Too bad for Poland if they lose to Iran, which is not a considerably strong team, with their first selected players.
    Anyway, after a depression from German sweethearts' loss, I should probably lower my expectation towards Poland. They'd better manage a top 6 place among 12 teams.
    However, is top 6 too much for them? :S

lol, what I can say about match without referee ? :lol: more a training session. and this result means almost nothing but even in training It's better to win rather than to lose :lol:

• Nagoya, Japan, November 17, 2011 – Andrea Anastasi has been officially at the helm of Poland’s national team since this past March and the fans from this real Volleyball “Mecca” shall be quite happy with his guidance so far. The group that is set to compete at the FIVB World Cup starting this coming Sunday in Nagoya and Kagoshima has indeed pocketed a couple of bronze medals by finishing third at the World League finals in Gdansk this past July as well as at the European Championship held a couple of months ago in Vienna. Poland is joining the World Cup upon receiving a wild card from the FIVB and Fuji TV, so Anastasi certainly want to exploits this first and unique opportunity to immediately book a ticket for the 2012 Olympics in London.

“We have prepared by playing a couple of friendly matches against the Czech Republic” says the Italian-born mentor. “I used this chance to test all of my players and of course if you change that often, the quality of your play is automatically affected. However, this is my sole responsibility and people shall understand this strategy. I especially used the second match to give some playing time to those players that had not joined the first game; we eventually lost 2:3 but it was a real fight. Such situations are an ideal opportunity to test the reaction of my players as difficult moments may come up at any moment. I did not care about the result; I was just quietly sitting on the bench and observing my guys”.

Anastasi insists the team spirit will be a deciding factor when it comes to the World Cup. “We have to play as one and this is very important especially as some players are still far from their peak. If you play like a real team, you can compensate such a deficiency. We are having some training sessions here in Japan to stay cool and prepare for the first matches, especially for our debut with Cuba”. “Our goal is to make it to the podium: I think this shall be the goal shared by all coaches that are joining the World Cup. This is certainly difficult but we have to fight for this and defend our position in the world ranking. We are currently ranked eighth and this is probably not the very best position to start from but we will fight for every ball against such a stellar field” adds Anastasi.

Bartosz Kurek, Poland’s rising star, missed the first friendly match with the Czechs and played only for one set in the second game. Is he fit enough for the World Cup? “He is fine. Our team doctor, Jan Sokal, advised me to let Bartosz play only one set. He did not want to agree for more and I accepted his proposal and advice. Bartosz will not play as intensively as he did for the World League and for the European Championship, but it is important that he is with us. The World Cup is very long, we have many matches ahead of us, so he will probably miss the first ones but he will certainly be back for the second part of the tournament”.