World Cup 2011

• You should. Ok, they lost a match they had to win considering that their aim is to get the pass for the OG, but nothing is decided until the last match ;) Ofc they still have to play with Brazil, Russia.., but I honestly won't be such surprised if th winner of the WC will have more than one defeat, considering that after 4 days every team has been defeated at least once.

While it is OK to have hopes for Poland, I must say your task is getting really hard now. Italy and Russia are in a better position to gain more points, cause they already face their direct opponents, while Poland is still to face Brazil and Russia and even Italy and USA. Russia lost to Brazil but won agains Italy and is having a good chance to beat Poland as well. Italy lost to Russia but def Brazil and will not face these 2 teams any more. Besides I think in a clash between Italy and Poland, Italy is having a slight advantage, cause of a match up issues.

This World Cup goes fine for me so far, cause all 4 my favaroties: Russia, Poland, Italy and Argentina are in the 2-5 places and within the range of podium. While there is no hope to get Brazil out of there :P , I hope 2 of these 4 get the other 2 spots (preferably Russia and Poland). Still a long way to go for a better forcasting. Lots of surprises may occur. Serbia may finaly wake up and USA/Cuba and Iran :obey: are in the game too.

• Cheesus... Serbia is totally hopeless team on this tournament for me :aww: Awesome japanese block. I guess I should be afraid of Nippon for tomorrow. They play well in defense and Iran crushed us with spectacular defense...

Anyway, talking about Iran. Even if they beated my team today, I have a big heart for them now. They "bought" me with the fighting spirit and defending all balls so I will cheer for them in every match no matter against what team they play. And I'm more than sure it wasn't last surprise from Iran. They'll make a lot of trouble other teams.

Poland is my second favourite team... I wish they can recover from this match against Iran.

They can, for sure. I can imagine all of them uplifting each other. They are feeling painfully beaten now but it's just a matter of time when Igła starts running like some Asian from one teammate to another to cheer all of his colleagues up. I can see Kubiak becoming a bigger fighter than before. Bartman more pissed than before. Andrea believing in them as it was before match against Russians. All of them better focus on the game and everything should be alright :win:

• Today is definitely not Europe's day. That's my conclusion.
    Anyway, i feel a little better now and I believe in Polish guys. They had better play as what they were tomorrow. Podium is a dream, the ending does not matter, the experience matters. I know they wouldn't make themselves regretful, neither would they make their fans.

Btw, today's thanksgiving, Chinese don't have this festival but I still went for a spaghetti as a celebration. I feel grateful to these who make me happy. :roll:

• I'm so angry. This lost should come much later or don't come at all! I'm so angry on Anastasi, because he:
    1) should change Zygadlo in second set - I know, that we will win this set; I wonder what Andrea wanted to show when he replace Zagumny for Lukasz? Zagumny started to play in third set and we know how looked a score. I don't want to talk what was later, 'cause it's not Pawel's fault.
    2) should replace Mozdzonek for the other middle blocker(we had Wisniewski today - if in his place would be Czarnowski...); Marcin spiked without any strong and power, his attack was so... female. Maybe Mozdzonek is tired or something like this, we know why.
    I don't want to talk now about weak service, poor power of attacks(we couldn't score a point, 'cause Iran was great in defense). In stats everything looks perfect, we are better in whole elements. So what. We lost because of our mental, disregard rival and... I don't know. Maybe it's good, that we lost. We were in heaven and somebody kicked our asses. It was Iran(I love what Velasco did with this team), I thought, that it would be Italy, Brazil, etc. Unfortunately.

Bella, I was crying, too, because this lost was so... unexpected. When I watched this match, our guys, who couldn't score any point... It was something horrible. Of course, it not explain, that we are in crisis, we will see. I'm very afraid of today, because I was delighted of Japan's game today, with Serbia. Serbia, without Miljikovic is nothing, he won them match. Japan was so close to victory. How many blocks they had today? I mean japanese players?

Life is brutal. That's all I wanna say about Poland today.

And: Brazil :obey: :obey: :cheesy:

• While it is OK to have hopes for Poland, I must say your task is getting really hard now. Italy and Russia are in a better position to gain more points, cause they already face their direct opponents, while Poland is still to face Brazil and Russia and even Italy and USA. Russia lost to Brazil but won agains Italy and is having a good chance to beat Poland as well. Italy lost to Russia but def Brazil and will not face these 2 teams any more. Besides I think in a clash between Italy and Poland, Italy is having a slight advantage, cause of a match up issues.

I would say: it's time to finally beat Brazil and Italy. Because if not now, then when? I CAN'T even imagine another loss against these teams. I'm staying calm if it comes to Russians probably because, no matter if they're almost always favorites in the polish-russian battle, we usually win it. USA? Thornton will meet Kubi & Zibi at the net and remind some of his "differently great" settings from club. Priddy will remind the match with Jastrzębski. My heart will be broken because of Russell but unfortunately someone have to lose it and it will be USA.

• I would say: it's time to finally beat Brazil and Italy. Because if not now, then when? I CAN'T even imagine another loss against these teams. I'm staying calm if it comes to Russians probably because, no matter if they're almost always favorites in the polish-russian battle, we usually win it. USA? Thornton will meet Kubi & Zibi at the net and remind some of his "differently great" settings from club. Priddy will remind the match with Jastrzębski. My heart will be broken because of Russell but unfortunately someone have to lose it and it will be USA.

I am glad you are optimistic :) As I said I hope Poland and Russia reach the podium! Good luck!

• 2) should replace Mozdzonek for the other middle blocker(we had Wisniewski today - if in his place would be Czarnowski...); Marcin spiked without any strong and power, his attack was so... female. Maybe Mozdzonek is tired or something like this, we know why.

I have no idea what happened with this guy today ?( He looked sleepy, clumsy and as if he lost all power. Like the Japanese didn't give him anything to eat. Sometimes I just can't stand Andrea's "nothing-doing" and I feel so helpless when I scream and I know he can't hear me screaming: "LET CZARNOWSKI PLAY!".

Holy shit, and Nowakowski... He was so brilliant today. And then he was blocked three time in a row and here we are: almost invisible Nowakowski to the end.
    Bad, very bad that Andrea didn't react properly.

And: Brazil :obey: :obey: :cheesy:

I wouldn't be so happy. I counted on Russians to grab the one point at least.

• Oh, and I want say, that we played this match being unprepared for it. We didn't know how to play with Iran.

And I have to agree with you. Since when we didn't play with Iran? Tomek Swędrowski told about it but I just don't remember :aww:
    I feel now as if I have excused my guys for this failure...

• I have no idea what happened with this guy today ?( He looked sleepy, clumsy and as if he lost all power. Like the Japanese didn't give him anything to eat. Sometimes I just can't stand Andrea's "nothing-doing" and I feel so helpless when I scream and I know he can't hear me screaming: "LET CZARNOWSKI PLAY!".

Holy shit, and Nowakowski... He was so brilliant today. And then he was blocked three time in a row and here we are: almost invisible Nowakowski to the end.
    Bad, very bad that Andrea didn't react properly.

I wouldn't be so happy. I counted on Russians to grab the one point at least.

Marcin is just tired, in my opinion. It's a player, who is tired faster, than the other. The worst thing is that Japan is playing fast, so Mozdzonek will have a really hard work on the net to do. Maybe Czarnowski will be good for tomorrow. He is quite fast in block, his range and power can be the one element of recipe for Japan. Just pray to God, that Anastasi would take him to the bench.

You know how much I like Brazil, so... For me, it doesn't matter, that it's good or bad score for us.

• And I have to agree with you. Since when we didn't play with Iran? Tomek Swędrowski told about it but I just don't remember :aww:
    I feel now as if I have excused my guys for this failure...

The last time we played with them in 1998 :lol:

• I think its bad when a team has a mentally immature and unstable player unfortunatelly we (Poland) have two - Kurek and Bartman - when the game is not going our way they often become our own worst enemies.

• Marcin is just tired, in my opinion. It's a player, who is tired faster, than the other. The worst thing is that Japan is playing fast, so Mozdzonek will have a really hard work on the net to do. Maybe Czarnowski will be good for tomorrow. He is quite fast in block, his range and power can be the one element of recipe for Japan. Just pray to God, that Anastasi would take him to the bench.

Next time I'll kick Swędrowski out or I'll pretend a luggage to fly with our team and have some telepathic influence on Andrea and the rest. Please, Andrea give Możdżonek some rest or he finally forget how to breathe. Czarnowski should play finally, he is staying too long on the bench and I hope it won't affect his amazing shape from Plusliga :S (innymi słowy Andrea musi go w końcu "odgrzać")

I wondered lately... When there is no Możdżonek and no Zagumny on the court... who's a captain then?

All I'm going to do now is to pray for Iranians to grab as many points as they can from other teams. But not so many to jump on the podium ofc.

• Next time I'll kick Swędrowski out or I'll pretend a luggage to fly with our team and have some telepathic influence on Andrea and the rest. Please, Andrea give Możdżonek some rest or he finally forget how to breathe. Czarnowski should play finally, he is staying too long on the bench and I hope it won't affect his amazing shape from Plusliga :S (innymi słowy Andrea musi go w końcu "odgrzać")

I wondered lately... When there is no Możdżonek and no Zagumny on the court... who's a captain then?

All I'm going to do now is to pray for Iranians to grab as many points as they can from other teams. But not so many to jump on the podium ofc.

Anastasi doesn't like to change something in his concepcion. That's why we still watching Nowakowski and Mozdzonek. Of course, I can watch Nowakowski all the time, because he is great in whole matches. Mozdzonek was bad just today - maybe exactly because of being tired.
    It doesn't matter, how much I want(and you want) to see Czarnowski tomorrow - honestly, I don't believe, that Anastasi will do this.

• Iran :obey: :obey: VELASCO :obey: :obey: :obey:
    Congratulations to mosi and all Iranian fans! Great victory again!

Kaziyski has already said that before, but I'll repeat this: Julio did an amazing job with this team! This is just incredible! What a wonderful man! I'm shocked! Both by Iran and Poland.

Clearly our worst match so far. Hopefully it is the last time on WC, when I had to see us so helpless. Couldn't get angry, 'cause I was at the same time kinda happy for Iran, 'cause they're showing again that they cannot be underestimated by anyone! Brilliant Velasco made a real collective, it's really great to see this team improving under guidance of this coach.

I don't want to say anything more about our game. I am masochistic, but this time....it's too much. I hate being hopeless, and this time we were hopless...well...I meant helpless actually, but we were hopeless as well. You guys said about our game pretty much everything, no need to add anything more, thank God.

This is the worst what we could do considering our upcoming matches. Such teams like Iran and Japan were theoretically point makers for us. Theoretically.

I don't know what to expect next. It is a long tournament, indeed. Very exhausting both- physically and mentally, and we still have lots of matches to play. Every teams were saying that in such a long tournament everyone can have a crisis. Let's hope it was our crisis, and we won't have it anymore.

Bartek, you were waiting for this moment, weren't you? Enjoy it, enjoy it as much as you can, I really wish you a very enjoyable celebration of our defeat- wishes from a member of a Dream Club.

• Why Bruno is not the starting setter? Mess with his father?

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Next time I'll kick Swędrowski out or I'll pretend a luggage to fly with our team and have some telepathic influence on Andrea and the rest. Please, Andrea give Możdżonek some rest or he finally forget how to breathe. Czarnowski should play finally, he is staying too long on the bench and I hope it won't affect his amazing shape from Plusliga :S (innymi słowy Andrea musi go w końcu "odgrzać")

Zibi is 8)

• What a comeback :woohoo: after the 3rd set :aww: :aww: We looked done in middle of 4th set but Zarrini came in as substitute and everything changed. his floor defense after that was superb :obey: and our block was good as usual. Poland is a very strong team but I knew their style is something we can match.

Velasco :obey: the best thing about him that you never know what is his next move. some of his substitutions look unreasonable at first look :D
    but I still think changing the libero for this match was a huge mistake and cost us the first set and almost the second.

• Loca inside I wondered about it as well :huh: I don't like Marlon. He is completely different compared to his teammates. He kinda doesn't fit to them. I hope Bruninho will be back soon.

Zibi is 8)

Why do you think so? :lol: I thought rather about Winiarski or Żygadło.

I'm in a better mood now. I guess time really heals all wounds :D I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow when Argentina will play with Iran. Who I should cheer for. I guess I will have some problems with sleep 'cause this match is at 3 a.m. here in Poland :sleeping: