Youth World Championships - Argentina 2011

• Highest Scorer by Day
    Day 1 (August 19): 29 points by Gonzalo Lapera (Argentina) in the 3-2 loss to Bulgaria
    Day 2 (August 20): 32 points by Yordan Bisset (Cuba) in the 3-2 victory over Brazil
    Day 3 (August 21): 30 points by Gonzalo Quiroga (Argentina) in the 3-0 victory over United States
    Day 4 (August 24): 32 points by Gonzalo Quiroga (Argentina) in the 3-2 loss to Serbia
    Day 5 (August 25): 27 points by Lazaro Fundora (Cuba) in the 3-1 loss to Serbia
    Day 6 (August 26): 29 points by Lazaro Fundora (Cuba) in the 3-1 victory over Argentina
    Day 7 (August 27): 34 points by Andres Villena (Spain) in the 3-1 victory over Cuba
    Day 8 (August 28 ): 48 points by Andres Villena (Spain) in the 3-2 loss to Serbia

Top 5 Scoring Performances
    48 – Andres Villena (Spain) in the 3-2 loss to Serbia on August 28
    34 – Andres Villena (Spain) in the 3-1 victory over Cuba on August 27
    32 – Yordan Bisset (Cuba) in the 3-2 victory over Brazil on August 20
    32 – Gonzalo Quiroga (Argentina) in the 3-2 loss to Serbia on August 24
    30 – Gonzalo Quiroga (Argentina) in the 3-0 victory over United States on August 21

Top 5 Blocking Performances
    11- Zhejia Zhang (China) in the 3-2 victory over Russia on August 21
    8 – Petar Nenkov (Bulgaria) in the 3-2 victory over Argentina on August 19
    7 – Matthew Tarrantino (United States) in the 3-2 victory over Egypt on August 19
    7 – Jhon Wendt (France) in the 3-1 victory over Greece on August 24
    7 – Uros Kovacevic (Serbia) in the 3-1 victory over Cuba on August 25
    7 – Zhejia Zhang (China) in the 3-1 loss to Argentina on August 25

Top 5 Service Ace Performances
    5 – Thiago Veloso (Brazil) in the 3-2 victory over Korea on August 19
    5 – Yordan Bisset (Cuba) in the 3-2 victory over Brazil on August 20
    5 – Gonzalo Lapera (Argentina) in the 3-1 victory over China on August 25
    4 – Na Gyeong-Bok (Korea) in the 3-2 loss to Brazil on August 19
    4 – Aaron Russell (United States) in the 3-2 victory over Egypt on August 19
    4 – Milad Ebadipour (Iran) in the 3-1 victory over Serbia on August 20
    4 – Kasandros Stingas (Greece) in the 3-0 victory over China on August 20
    4 – Yordan Bisset (Cuba) in the 3-2 victory over China on August 24
    4 – Sinisa Zarkovic (Serbia) in the 3-1 victory over China on August 26

Top 5 Set Score
    39-37 (Brazil versus Iran) in the match Places 9-10 on August 28 in Almirante Brown
    36-34 (Egypt versus United States) in first round on August 19 in Almirante Brown
    32-30 (Greece versus Russia) in first round on August 19 in Bahia Blanca
    30-28 (Iran versus Serbia) in first round on August 20 in Bahia Blanca
    30-28 (Spain versus Greece) in second round on August 26 in Bahia Blanca
    30-28 (Spain versus Serbia) in the Gold Medal match on August 28 in Bahia Blanca

Top 5 Scoring Matches
    249 – Brazil def. Iran 39-37, 26-28, 26-24, 18-25, 15-11 in the match Places 9-10 on August 28 in Almirante Brown
    245 – United States def. Egypt 25-16, 25-21, 27-29, 34-36, 17-15 in first round on August 19 in Almirante Brown
    217 – Serbia def. Spain 25-23, 25-19, 28-30, 16-25, 15-11 in Gold Medal match on August 28 in Bahia Blanca
    216 – Cuba def. Brazil 21-25, 19-25, 25-21, 27-25, 15-13 in first round on August 20 in Almirante Brown
    215 – China def. Tunisia 26-24, 21-25, 25-27, 25-21, 15-8 in first round on August 19 in Bahia Blanca
    215 - Cuba def. Korea 24-26, 25-21, 21-25, 25-20, 15-13 in first round on August 21 in Almirante Brown

• Oh, my... I just want to watch this final!
    Who's that guy, Andres Villena? Terminator? :sos:

Anyway, congrats to Serbia ^^

• I have two questions:
    about Uros Kovacevic. Does he have something in common with Nikola Kovacevic?
    and how old is Villena?

• Great job for Cuba Fundora and Bisset played great games. Possibilities of fighting for the gold medal would have been better, if Wilfredo Leon, Yasser Perdomo, and Dennis de Jesus Hernandez could have played in this tournament. Unfortunately they are with the adult squad in Puerto Rico for the NORCECA aiming WC qualification.

• Where in next season will played Uros Kovacevic? He stay in
    TVD Parizan Bled ?

"Volleyball is a fantastic way of life, really. it is
    beautiful adventure, which gives a lot of joy not only to those sports "

It is our passion gives us wings, lifts us above all else.
    It gives a million reasons to rejoice, learns to overcome fear and weakness.

Thanks to develop and learn to fight for every day
    :win:

• Where in next season will played Uros Kovacevic? He stay in
    TVD Parizan Bled ?

I have no idea what TVD Partizan Bled is :D He played in ACH Volley Bled - a team that moved its location to Ljubljana now. He is coached by the Serbian NT coach Kolakovic, as far as I know he is staying there.

• I have no idea what TVD Partizan Bled is :D He played in ACH Volley Bled - a team that moved its location to Ljubljana now. He is coached by the Serbian NT coach Kolakovic, as far as I know he is staying there.

that's previous name of ACH Volley Bled :drink: as I know he signed contract on 3 years, so this and next season stays in Slovenia

• Andres Villena played in the Junior WCH at the beginning of the month already and he was actually not the only one to represent his country in both events - Uros Kovacevic and some other players did it as well. It is really interesting how one good attacker can make a difference in the youth level games, with the seniors this is almost impossible. 48 points is a crazy achievement taken from every single aspect. I think that maybe the four best teams reached the F4, there are some guys from France and Argentina (Gonzalo Quiroga, for example) with a bright future ahead. The only thing I regret is the chance our guys missed, especially when they were 2-0 ahead of France, they were so close to the semis, but it's not the first time something like this happens..

Btw, Rodrigo Quiroga watched some of the games of Argentina, I guess Gonzalo is his younger brother, right? Also, Uros is definitely better than Nikola :)

• Andres Villena played in the Junior WCH at the beginning of the month already and he was actually not the only one to represent his country in both events - Uros Kovacevic and some other players did it as well. It is really interesting how one good attacker can make a difference in the youth level games, with the seniors this is almost impossible. 48 points is a crazy achievement taken from every single aspect. I think that maybe the four best teams reached the F4, there are some guys from France and Argentina (Gonzalo Quiroga, for example) with a bright future ahead. The only thing I regret is the chance our guys missed, especially when they were 2-0 ahead of France, they were so close to the semis, but it's not the first time something like this happens..

Btw, Rodrigo Quiroga watched some of the games of Argentina, I guess Gonzalo is his younger brother, right? Also, Uros is definitely better than Nikola :)

I agree YavorD, I had the opportunities to notice the same in the female Youth WCh: Youth Italy with Bosetti won the silver medal at ECh and without her (and our best Youth MB, injuried) reached only the the 11th place at the WCh. And think that Jiunior Italy with Bosetti (titoular, of course) won the the WCh in Perù and she was also named best spiker and MVP!

About the Quirogas, yes I think so! (I mean, I'm sure Rodrigo has a young brother playing volleyball at high level, so It should be him!)

Also Uriarte as a younger brother playing volleyball, Eze Uriarte... But I don't know exactly how old he is. It might be a setter too but I'm not sure about it...

• Thanks for the information... :roll:

"Volleyball is a fantastic way of life, really. it is
    beautiful adventure, which gives a lot of joy not only to those sports "

It is our passion gives us wings, lifts us above all else.
    It gives a million reasons to rejoice, learns to overcome fear and weakness.

Thanks to develop and learn to fight for every day
    :win: