The 2011 World Club Championships

• Matey Kaziyski MVP. I don't care what FIVB said. Matey pulled both semifinal and final matches, 20 points more than Osmany, better serve

Man, you're a irreparable patriot. :huh: Who cares about individual awards :)

• What should I say? Congrats for Jastrzebie, for them and us it's a big succes.
    Bontje - are you kidding me, man? You ended in bench again. You don't give anything your team :down:
    It's pretty boring, that Trento won again, but they are still the best and nodoby now can fight with them. I love Djuric, maybe he wasn't so good today, but he can be the best at his position. It's a matter of time. Of course - Trento's trinity - Osmany, Matey and Jan were fantastic.

Osmay is MVP again, I don't really know, that he should be the best player. Matey was great, too, but everybody's see just Osmany.
    Good job Russel, I really hoped, that he will get this award, because I've checked the individual stats and he was the best. Mikhaylov, like a monster, again as a best scorer. What a suprise... :pinch:

And Sesi... Aga, are you so much disappointed as I am? Stupid question... I guess you are :aww:
    Rodrigao only 3 points :wacko: Sidao not so brilliant as well.

Well... SESI had so many chances in this match. I'm angry, 'cause they didn't use this. In my opinion, it was really good tournament of Sidao. He played pretty good in serve and attack(of course, when he got a ball), so I'm not disappointed. A difference is that Zenit had and has Mikyahlov, who is one of the best and we could see this today. I was really suprised, that Rodrigao play in SESI, but did he give something his team on Club's WC?

• If JW can get a decent setter, they can be a really solid team. The trio Bartman-Lasko-Kubiak is impressive. Not as impressive as Trento's trio, ofc :)
    I'm sorry for Polish fans, but you should take it from another angle - you should be glad that you beat SESI and got to the final.

Of course, I'm taking it exactly from that angle. I'm not even angry. Despite today's loss, we played a very good tournament. We have beaten some good teams, and what's most important- we played a very good volleyball. Even though I'm the biggest fan of Jastrzębski in the whole world ( :D ) I can't be so unrealistic and say that we were the favourites, who played a disappointing match and could have beaten Trento 3:0, but didn't take chances. Trento is Trento- the best club team in the whole world, and there is no suprise or even disappointment or sadness that we lost, I must say it was something expectable, at least for me. Of course I was really happy that we managed to win this first set 31:29 after some great actions, but facing the truth- yes, we played a great set, but also Trentino wasn't so confident as they used to be. Then in next 3 sets Trento made a way better start and we dramatically slowed down. Trentino played better, but also we weren't as competitive as we really could have been.

This defeat didn't change anything- we are the winners anyway, and I'm proud of my guys no matter what, 'cause we played a great tournament, beating great teams like Zenit and Sesi, which was NOT an accident. Today we played a very good fist set, then we gave up a little bit, but I definitely have to admit that Trento started to play a lot better, they improved their serve and we had a lot of problems with it.
    We lost, that's all. Not a big suprise. I'm happy anyway, 'cause my guys showed that they are really capable to achieve something really amazing and play on a very high level with a very solid teams.
    Oh and a small nuance- we are the only team who took a set from Trentino in the final :D lol It was a historical day anyway :D

Thank you my guys so much for this wonderful tournament. You gave me a lot of joy with your game, filled with optimism and pride. Now I'm looking forward to see you guys in Poland playing some brilliant matches and winning as many as possible.

Moje Jastrzębie, moje! :heart: :heart: :heart:

• Man, you're a irreparable patriot. :huh: Who cares about individual awards :)

Mathematicians? Trento players certainly don't when they feel they have done their job well
    If I am a patriot, why I didn't dispute the last Doha MVP award in 2010? I dispute when the judgement confronts my logic, otherwise the feelings are left for personal consumption

• Mathematicians? Trento players certainly don't when they feel they have done their job well
    If I am a patriot, why I didn't dispute the last Doha MVP award in 2010? I dispute when the judgement confronts my logic, otherwise the feelings are left for personal consumption

When you should be happy for Matey, Tsetso and Rado for their achievement - you argue for something that nobody will remember. Statistics play a big part in understanding volleyball but volleyball is not statistics.

• When you should be happy for Matey, Tsetso and Rado for their achievement - you argue for something that nobody will remember. Statistics play a big part in understanding volleyball but volleyball is not statistics.

Exactly. This statement is based on non-measurable data - the moments of truth during game and the influence of the players over it and the other players. This thing bugs me, but better me than the players. Better we care for small things than them

• haha. Yes, no sport can be put in a mathematical formula, because there is a huge, main human element. I strongly believe that this human factor has stronger influence in games than tha ability and quality of the players.

• No matter what the result is I love Jastrzębie for fighting spirit, for becoming a real team, for match with Sesi, for today's amazing first set and finally for a silver and everything together is a HUGE success of this team :heart:
    I was a little disappointed with Vinhedo today. IMO he played quite good tournament and today it was his worst match. Where were these fantastic pipes with Bartman? And actions with Holmes?
    Thornton... :aww: There are no adequate words about what he did.
    I hoped for Paweł Rusek to get award 'cause he was fantastic during this tournament and today he started well with breathtaking defenses and then... something was blocked. I think not only in Paweł but in every player on the side of the court of Jastrzębski. Too bad.
    I'm happy that Russell Holmes get this award :roll: He deserved it. I never expected he become the best on his position from trio Bontje-Holmes-Gawryszewski. And again - Bontje, please, wake up quickly!

Oh and a small nuance- we are the only team who took a set from Trentino in the final :D lol It was a historical day anyway :D

Minor correction. Of course Magiera again said something totally incorrect :aww:
    I remember last year's Champs and it was Trentino - Skra with result 3:1.

• Minor correction. Of course Magiera again said something totally incorrect :aww:
    I remember last year's Champs and it was Trentino - Skra with result 3:1.

I didn't listen to Magiera. So it's my mistake anyway. Anyway I enjoyed this winning set by Jastrzębski a lot more than Skra's....how suprising :roll:

• I remember last year's Champs and it was Trentino - Skra with result 3:1.

exactly, Skra took the 3rd set last year, then they totally collapsed and Trento played his best volleyball, it ended smth like 25-14, is it possible?

BTW, I didn't watch the match, so for now I can simply say: COMPLIMENTS TRENTINO!!!! THIRD TIME IN A ROW BEST CLUB OF THE WORLD!! And the first club that won this competition three times :white:

And it's again an Italian Club that won the WCCh :thumbsup:

• I didn't listen to Magiera. So it's my mistake anyway. Anyway I enjoyed this winning set by Jastrzębski a lot more than Skra's....how suprising :roll:

Me too :D This first set will be always in my heart, and the rest of this match... well, I want to forget about it :P
    Or maybe not 'cause Kaziyski and Djuric and Juantorena showed some nice game and I like these guys so I enjoyed it no matter how masochistic it can sound.

• exactly, Skra took the 3rd set last year, then they totally collapsed and Trento played his best volleyball, it ended smth like 25-14, is it possible?

Yep. The last set was totally hopeless. And as I remember it well Kurek hadn't a good day that day. I guess that "Skra sucked without Kurek" has lasted from that moment.

Oh, I'm totally unkind. I forgot to congratulate Trentino :thumbup: They were simply too good to be beated. Again... Impressive team. I see something magical when I watch them in action.

• Me too :D This first set will be always in my heart, and the rest of this match... well, I want to forget about it :P
    Or maybe not 'cause Kaziyski and Djuric and Juantorena showed some nice game and I like these guys so I enjoyed it no matter how masochistic it can sound.

I was looking at Djurić at Trento's side all the time :D Awesome guy, really.

It doesn't sound masochistic at all. Watching so many POL-BUL matches helped me get used to this and even like it a little bit.

• I've just read here http://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/p…r-la-squadra-del-decennio (I didn't realize that by myself) that this is the 12th time in a row that Trento got the final of the tournament they're playing in :white:

2011: Italian Cup; Italian League (won); Champions League (won); WCCh (won). [They'll be in the Italian Supercup in november.]

2010: Italian Cup (won); Italian League; Champions League (won); WCCh (won), Italian Supercup.

etc...

Lately only Cuneo could stop them. Impressive!

The journalist also said that it's probably the best club ever since the rally point system started :obey:

• And my forecast is that we are gonna have a new champion - the old one :D

:roll:
    Well, I am not gonna blow up now because this was an easy one to be forecasted, indeed :D
    Great Trento ... once again :super: They are simply the best right now :win: What more can I say? :drink:
    Jastrezebski can look only on the positive side - they played some very difficult matches against strong opponents, won against Zenit and SESI and achieved the silver medal. And Polish fans still can be glad for Zygadlo.
    I am also very happy that Zenit took the bronze. Well done!
    As for the individual awards - I don't think it is really that important at all. We can't say that Osmany doesn't have merits to take the MVP - he was really valuable for his team, but I have to admit that Matey Kaziyski is my personal MVP (or should I better say Kazinski :D ) - if that recognition by me could be some little consolation for him, I would be delighted :lol: Too pity that I don't have a special plaquette so my statement to look more official :(

pp., Kubiak with the glasses 8) - I don't know why but for a moment I imagined him in a formal suit and briefcase - a high-paid lawyer in commercial law :D

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• I was looking at Djurić at Trento's side all the time :D Awesome guy, really.

It doesn't sound masochistic at all. Watching so many POL-BUL matches helped me get used to this and even like it a little bit.

:lol: For me is the same :drink: