Tournoi de France 2011

• yeah 25-21 in the second
    Bulgaria leads 2:0 sets
    I can easily imagine Turkey to start flaot-serving Aleksiev, hech the result :D
    good fight from Turkey to keep the sets very close, though

• phew Bulgaria won 25-27 the 3rd set
    good fight from our team, we've been down 3-4 points from the beggining of the set 0-4 to make it from 18-14 to 20-20 and staying clutch in the end.
    Don't know which players took a part in this match but Turkey fought really hard till the very end, so congrats!
    Looking forward for the statistics.

• statistic from the match - Bulgaria - Turkey

http://bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/7629.pdf

It was much easier against Serbia last week :D Skrimov :thumbup:
    And this guy Emre Batur must be the definition of " universal player"- he is a MB normally, I've seen him playing as an opposite, and now as an outside hitter 8o

• Skrimov replaced Aleksiev, right?
    I guess Aleksiev played "his" game as almost always :lol: and Rado couldn't stand it.

• Aleksiev and Ivanov worked very hard for two months, harder than ever before in their careers. Why did they perform so bad then? Are some people resistant to learning? I hope they will show what they can in the rest of the matches this year

• I am very pleased with the performance of Skrimov who has great perception,serve and attack, maybe alexiev is better only at block, but this is not enough.My prediction is that skrimov will be an important part of our team in the ech
    p.s i am also disappointed with the performance of ivanov

• I am very pleased with the performance of Skrimov who has great perception,serve and attack, maybe alexiev is better only at block, but this is not enough.My prediction that skrimov will be an important part of our team in the ech
    p.s i am also disappointed with the performance of ivanov

Aleksiev performs well against tall, strong teams like Russia and Netherlands, who don't count much on defense, but has problems with defensive teams. Obviously Turkey defended well.

• N'Gapeth didnt played.. so conclusion is without Earvin France is mediocre team althought Slovenia is very good team. Pajenk was impressive with 17 pts :whistle:

They did the same thing at the WCH 2010 - the day before the match with us Ngapeth didn't play and on the next day he was the best player for them against us. If there is no health problem with him, probably he will play today.

A night to forget for France as home tournament opens with defeat to Slovenia

Tourcoing, France, September 3, 2011. It was definitely not the performance that head coach Philippe Blain was hoping for with only a few days before the start of the EuroVolley 2011 coming up in Austria and the Czech Republic. “Les Bleus” were eventually defeated by their guests from Slovenia yesterday night at the “Tournoi de France” that will run through this weekend in Tourcoing and Villeneuve d’Ascq. While the hosts were missing the right grip, the bronze medalists from the 2011 CEV Volleyball European League got up as teams changed sides in the tie-break (8:6) to clip the final 15-12.
    France’s stars Earvin Ngapeth and Antonin Rouzier did not perform at their best and with a very low efficiency in reception the home side displayed a relatively poor performance, thereby showing some deficits with the European Championship coming up in some 7 days.
    “We have pretty much to learn from this match; with one week to go before the start of a major event it is somehow understandable that we are not yet playing at our best, but actually mentally it did not work at all tonight” says head coach Philippe Blain. “Slovenia has been playing well but as soon as we started serving strong, they got in trouble. We are still far away from the quality of play that we shall display at the European Championship. If you struggle as we did tonight in defense, the work of our setter gets immediately much more complicated. Our attackers did only hit strong for two and a half sets, afterwards they finally started playing more intelligently and they also showed a good fighting spirit” he concludes.
    “We were probably too much looking forward to playing this tournament and as our opponents started so well, we got all the pressure on our shoulders” says captain Pierre Pujol. “Well, this defeat shall turn into a wake-up call for us but if you have to fail, then you better lose a game like this than at the European Championship”.

The “Tournoi de France” was opened by a real show of strength of Bulgaria’s national team that edged Turkey in straight sets (28-26, 25-21, 27-25) to top the provisional standings. Matey Kaziyski scored a total of 18 points for the group coached by Radostin Stoytchev that will be France’s opponent on Saturday for what is expected to be the real highlight of the competition.

source: www.cev.lu