International Tournament - Qatar 2011

• What about Women's Volleyball in Iran? Do You know names of Clubs?

well, from what I know Volleyball is the most popular sport among girls in Iran BUT mostly as a fan. Women's volleyball (+ other women's sports + even some men's sports like Tennis and Boxing :thumbdown: ) completely stopped in Iran 30 years ago for stupid religious reasons. after 10 years these sports restarted one by one but Volleyball was one of the latest of them ! only the current volleyball federation (came to office in 2006) started to take it serious. after only 4 years Iran is currently ranked 8 in Asia and I think they will take Vietnam soon even though they have to play with stupid dress which is not comfortable at all. Iranian federation has a long term plan for women's volleyball (the same they did for men's volleyball) but still these religious obstacles make it difficult or impossible for them to be a top team in Asia. currenty Iran NT is in Turkey preparing for Asian Championships in Taiwan.

I just know the names of the previous league teams, here is 2010/11 season final ranking :

1- Persepolis Tehran
    2- Zob Ahan Esfahan
    3- Gaz Tehran
    4- Banovan Shiraz
    5- Azad University Tehran
    6- Ferdowsi Hamedan
    7- Shahrdari Bandar-Abbas
    8- Shahrdari Kerman
    9- Bojan Lorestan

my knowledge is really limited, because of no TV coverage and no male spectators !!!! so I only can see Iranian teams in international competetions.

• I once visited the official website of Iran's volleyball federation. WOW, it's toooooooo similar to the FIVB website! : )

• Thank You ^^ May You give link to Iran Volleyball site?

• Second day

Slovenia 3-1 Iran (25-17, 26-28, 25-23, 25-22)
    Egypt 3-1 Qatar (23-25, 25-14, 25-14, 25-18 )

• 3rd day

Slovenia 3-1 Egypt (26-28, 25-18, 25-19, 25-17)
    Qatar 3-0 Iran (26-24, 25-16, 25-19)

this Iran team is really bad ! even before this tournament they lost 3-1 to Iran youth (U19) team !! I don't know who select these players !