2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• Belgium at Wch YESSSSSS !!!

But now i want you to loose this set cause i want France in Wch too hhehe

This belgian generation is so great, we'll here lots of them in upcoming years :drink: :drink:

• They are already qualified, 1st set was enough for them

Ah, ok... Thank you very much. If France wins in five, they are qualified as well? Too much calculation for me on a sundy evening 8)

• Ah, ok... Thank you very much. If France wins in five, they are qualified as well? Too much calculation for me on a sundy evening 8)

You are welcome, they don't have to win the match they just need one more set to qualify, the 4th set.

• Turkey's male team has any chance left for wch as second best team etc ?

Nope, because they have only 5 points while Netherlands 6,

If Slovakia wins both SVK and FIN will have 6, then whats is going to decice, set ratios + point ratio or first teh direct match between them ?

• Allez les bleus :super: , Bienvenue en Pologne

Thanks to both teams for an epic match :obey:

• Such an amazing match by France and Belgium, WOW, the crowd is totally insane :cheesy:

And the best is that both managed to qualify, now to this afternoon end perfectly Slovakia should qualify as well

• ^ me too :D
    So everything went as expected. No surprising teams qualified.

• Woah, what an amazing match and atmosphere in Paris!

I'm so glad Belgium won and qualified! I don't know why I'm so infatuated with these guys, but they totally deserved it. :cheesy:
    Nice to see France in too; not a big fan of some of the players, but I can admit that the WCH would be boring without them. And Grebennikov is such a monster, goddamn.

• Great win for Belgium Team.

I was pessimistic at first:
    France was very strong right from the start of their preparation (2 3-0 victories over The Netherlands).
    Belgium lost twice in their preparation against The Netherlands (3-0, 3-2 and 2-3 victory).

Also our first match against Spain was not very convincing.
    But in the last two games, there level went up significantly.

Great game today against France:
    Verhanneman had a large contribution in attack, something he rarely has shown in the past few years.
    I'm not sure about the reasoning behind the choice for Van den Dries (in stead of Van Walle):
    He struggled for the most part of the game in attack (again).
    I guess they figure his extra centimeters in block would be necessary to stop N'Gapeth.
    But they should know that Van Walle is an excellent blocker as well. And he would have contributed much more in attack.
    Derkoningen played another solid game: he proved in the last two games that he can still handle this level, after a dissapointing performance in the first game.

About France:
    What about N'Gapeth? 16/40, but 13 errors and 6 serving errors??
    What's the use? I'm sure Tuia would have done better.
    N'Gapeth is still treated as a king - his mood reflects badly on the team.

• ^ me too :D
    So everything went as expected. No surprising teams qualified.

Actually Belgium winning the group in France can be considered a little bit surprising overall. It is totally deserved, however. And probably expected by those of us who have watched them play :) France was the favourite, nevertheless. Now let's see if Finland would also make it.

I don't like the Bulgarian attitude today after taking the first set.

• I don't like the Bulgarian attitude today after taking the first set.

This has become smth regular for the team recently. Friendlies and unimportant games like today after the first set are being played in some sleepy and lame manner.
    While during the big competitions(except all games for medals :D ) it is like watching a completely new team. A Jekyll and Hyde thing ?(

• Congratulations Finland! The sixth and last team to make it to the WCH. They passed the test and qualify deservedly, fought a lot for this spot. Maybe Sivula played a bit better indeed this weekend than what he has been showing for Arkas, but I still don't think he is reliable enough. Finland would need a regular opposite like Mikko Oivanen next summer. Anyway, congrats team Finland! A quick search on the internet shows that they last appeared in a men's WCH 32 years ago.