2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• Slovakia horrible play again, libero is the weakest Ive seen in this whole quali, Divis again showed his only overrated "star" and dont have team spirit for NT :whistle:

I had some doubts regarding Slovakia but when I saw they've appointed Gulinelli as head coach it was crystal clear they are going to fail. I cant believe coach like Gulinelli can take any solid NT, this Slovakia was poor and tragic. Ondrušek as libero :rolll: he can play in Croatian 2nd division :aww: Diviš, overpaid and arogant "star", Nemec lost in time and space but put some efforts etc. Main Slovakian weakness was reception even though in their case we can't talk abou reception at all.

OK, I don't know what his attitude really is, but what's the reason for all the criticism to Divis? Slovakia has a talented generation, but let's face it - winning the European League and the decent EuroVolley 2011 seem to be the maximum. Maybe they should've taken advantage of the home WCH qualifications, perhaps it would've been their brightest achievement. You can't always bring the club success to the national team. Divis has huge experience playing in Europe, winning trophies here and there. He fully deserves the money he gets while playing for a major club somewhere, I don't remember a weak year for him. He can't win for Slovakia alone, you know. If it's his behavior that bothers you, fine, you most probably know him better than I do. But he is a great player. Has he shown little desire to play for the NT? He was one of the best in the defeat to Ukraine, against Finland it was already hard enough at 1-1.

• Slovakia has solid MB's and two big spikers - Nemec and Divis. This should be enough to qualify on most tournaments.

• yes Yavor, I was talking about his attitude...he should be the one that will lead the team but for most of the time he isnt..he isnt motivating the teammates, just the other way...tell me when he was leading some really important match? also what he did in 2012, after lost OG qualification he said he will skip whole NT season, which was really disappointing not only for coach but also for fans :down:

• raylight, its not enough, when you dont have reception, libero is the worst in Europe probably, there is completely no play in defense, 2 great players (Sopko and Nemec) are completely under form aftre playing 2 years for money and after Masny there is no very good setter, just average...

• raylight, its not enough, when you dont have reception, libero is the worst in Europe probably, there is completely no play in defense, 2 great players (Sopko and Nemec) are completely under form aftre playing 2 years for money and after Masny there is no very good setter, just average...

I don't consider Branislav Skladany an average setter. Zatko perhaps, but not Skladany, I think he is above average. However, Slovakia hasn't had a problem with the setters in recent years, I don't think that's the reason. With Skladany they were the surprise at the 2011 ECH.

yes Yavor, I was talking about his attitude...he should be the one that will lead the team but for most of the time he isnt..he isnt motivating the teammates, just the other way...tell me when he was leading some really important match? also what he did in 2012, after lost OG qualification he said he will skip whole NT season, which was really disappointing not only for coach but also for fans :down:

Can you tell me a really important match for Slovakia? Because I think the concept of importance here may vary. OK, he might not always score 25 points, but normally Slovakia gets knocked out by a much better team. The WCH2014 qualies is another story, they disappointed indeed, but Divis was good in the first two games, as I already said. Blame him for the defeat against Finland if you want, but I would disagree. As far as I know, he has never been a team captain (correct me if I am wrong), it's mostly a coach's job to motivate players. You know him better than I do, I will agree he may not shine as much as you guys would want him to, but you can't make him solely responsible for the bad results. I am sorry, but if you really expected Slovakia to steal an Olympic ticket from the hands of Germany, Italy, Serbia and Bulgaria in Sofia, I think we have a problem. Many players took the summer out after the OG or the respective qualifications, I don't see a problem with Divis doing so either. I am sure you have very good reasons to dislike him, you know the situation much better than me, but I don't see a reason for Divis to get all the criticism when the whole team is underperforming. Even Tomas Kmet, a guy with impressive stats in Berlin, is often not himself in the NT, so I guess there's just something else going wrong.

• Hi everybody,
    I'd like to know when will be sold tickets for semifinals and finals in Katowice and when will be clearer the places where the teams will play.
    Thank you

• fivb.org

• Official before draw:

Grupa A Grupa B Grupa C Grupa D
    Polska (gosp.) Brazylia (1.) Rosja (2.) Włochy (3.)
    Argentyna (8.) NORCECA 2 Bułgaria (6.) NORCECA 1
    Serbia (9.) Niemcy (10.) NORCECA 3 Iran (12.)

Koszyk 1 Koszyk 1 Koszyk 1 Koszyk 1
    Koszyk 2 Koszyk 2 Koszyk 2 Koszyk 2
    Koszyk 3 Koszyk 3 Koszyk 3 Koszyk 3

Koszyk 1: CAVB 1, Australia (14.), CAVB 2, Francja (16.)
    Koszyk 2: Chiny (18.), CAVB 3, NORCECA 4, Korea (21.)
    Koszyk 3: NORCECA 5, Finlandia (30.), Wenezuela (31.), Belgia (37.)

• Bartek often doesn't translate things from Polish :whistle: Germany is Niemcy and Italy means Włochy ^^ I hope you got rest, other countries in Polish sounds rather familiar :)

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• why bother? kondzio will always help me... :D

And that's why social benefits do more harm than good :D