World League 2012

• so, only 48 matches in total in the intercontinental round, half of the previous one?

• It was said that these changes are due to Olympics. This information is still to be confirmed, but Finland should play against Brazil, Italy and Canada.

• I don't know but our federation officially said that yesterday that if possible we want to play Brazil in qualifications.

Now when Brazil is booked maybe we shall want Russia. :( too bad, I though playing with Brazil would have been great!

• To improve our level. If we go on OG we need to play more against non - European teams before that

• Got it.

Non-Euro teams: Brazil USA Cuba Argentina Canada Japan Korea
    Occupied(:)): Brazil USA Canada Japan

You can long for Cuba and Argentina. Korea perhaps are not in such good level.

• Latest news is that all pools are again open and nothing's sure yet. I guess we just have to wait...

• I would say the draw could be rigged if some team announced beforehand that they need to face Brazil in the pool phase in order to rehearse for the Olympics, and then they get it. I thought draw is a draw, not something you can discuss based on what you would like.

• I would say the draw could be rigged if some team announced beforehand that they need to face Brazil in the pool phase in order to rehearse for the Olympics, and then they get it. I thought draw is a draw, not something you can discuss based on what you would like.

That's true indeed. I assume our federation knew that it is not actually a draw but somewhat a consultation between teams. IMO FIVB should really make a real draw and never made anything like that!

• I understood each team will play four tournaments in four different country so 3 matches per weekend x 4 = 12
    In each pool we have 4 teams = 6 matches per weekend x 4 tournaments = 24 games
    Totally 16 teams = four pools x 24 games = totally 96 games (excluding finals) :teach:

As we'll have only four weekends occupied by international round (instead of six like in WL 2011) remaining two weekends will be for OG qualification disposal !

• USA will be in polish Group if They agree to the last Tour not in USA but Poland.

• This should be the final draw:
    A: Russia, Cuba, Serbia, Japan
    B: Finland, Poland, Canada, Brasil
    C: Italy, USA, France, Korea
    D: Argentina, Bulgaria, Germany, Portugal

• This should the final draw:

:white: :mad:

I don't like this draw at all!

how come there is this pool with 3 top 7 teams in the world! And pool D with none!

And how many teams will qualify for the finals? 6 or 8?

• This should be the final draw:

where did you get this ?(
    I was told yesterday that Brasil and Bulgaria are definitely gonna be put in one pool alongside Argentina and France/Finland

• Poor Japan.

FIVB showed the Heart to Japan last year and gave Them Wild Card and now They shot in Their Heart placing Them in the Dead Group :D

FIVB is so generous.