World League 2012

• Simply have to laugh @ this. :rolll: Ray u r true supporter of ur team but open ur eyes for once ffs. This Argentina is the most talented NT in last few years, most of them r already key players in their teams. In Bulgaria u have only one key player in club - Kaziyski, maybe Todorov. Bulgaria unfortunately doesnt have setter like De Cecco, not that good reception and field defense. Ok, situation in last 2 weeks had influence on players but even with best squad and good atmosphere I wouldn't bet on Bulgaria. It's unbelievable how u underestimate Argentina and this isn't first time u r sharing that opinion. Bulgaria is far, far away from serious team due various reasons atm including lack of quality and depth.

You are far away from volleyball, obviously, you haven't watched Aleksiev and Todorov in Russia, or you think Crer and Sole are >> Todorov, Yosifov and Nikolov? And Bulgaria was serious when we beated Russia, Italy and Poland last year.

• A quite entertaining first day in Pool D. Despite the two fast 3-0 scores, the games were interesting to watch live. Unfortunately, the hall was almost empty, even for a city like Frankfurt with a hall of 5000 it is a problem to promote volleyball. I have lived in Frankfurt - to me, one of the most unsporty cities in Germany and Europe. They should've chosen some other place, like Berlin, where attendance would be higher. I doubt the number of people watching during the weekend will be much higher. Btw, a big Bulgarian crowd is expected for the game against Germany on Sunday. Don't know why people mainly bought tickets to this game only, based on our overall performance these days it won't show much to cheer about.

To start with what might be intersting to you - news from inside. There are obvious problems inside the team. No one wants to share a room with Vlado Nikolov! Gadzhanov was assigned to "support the Olympic goal" by the manager Georgi Sabchev, he was picked up to make a sacrifice :D Rado Stoychev was angry today for some tactical advices which remained unnoticed by the guys during the game, but Rado is most of the time angry. Another funny thing is the number of people attending press conferences and tehcnical meetings for out team - not only coaches, but managers, assistans, translators and even commentators (Sasho Yovkov) - nothing like any other team where people only send the head coach and the translator. As we know, Yovkov - the notoriously funny commentator, is one of Lazarov's closest friends and supporters and follows the team everywhere.

Enough off topic! About the game, you saw it probably, only one team on the field. Argentina had positive team reception of 72%!!! (according to the post-game analysis by the scoutsmen, haven't seen the numbers myself). Great to see De Cecco live, he was probably the main reason for me to travel to this tournament, as a setter watching the best setter ;) I even bought my seats below the TV cameras, above the statisticians, to be able to watch his game :) Brilliant guy with ridiculously fast sets! Hugo Conte was sitting three seats away from me, watching his son, all the OHs today - Conte, Quiroga, Poglajen, were great! The ony question I was asking myself is why, based on the fact that we don't really care too much about the World League groups and based on the internal problems, Stoychev for once didn't let all the bench players come in, it was obvious where the game was going anyway.

The second game was a display of B teams, so to say. Tischer, Popp, Tille were in the stands among the fans, Boehme, Kaliberda, Grozer, Andrae didn't even show up (OK, only for a few points). Heynen was obviously prepared to beat Portugal with the second team. To be honest, I was surprised by Portugal's team, they were lacking Gaspar, Pinheiro, Teixeira, Jose, Flavio, Malveiro, but still made a decent performance. Great Tiago Violas, another talented setter, definitely a strike for Jastrzebski after last year's blow. I was also impressed by the young Alexandre Ferreira (OH, 20-year-old, SC Espinho, 203 cm) - he needs to go abroad! The best player without any hesitation for Portugal today (along with Violas). I expected to see Valdir Sequeira in the main team, but Marco Perreira played instead. First time to watch him, not a bad opposite, with a powerful swing and serve, the future ahead of him, but made too many unforced errors. Apart from the first set, Germany prevailed slightly in the next two and won 3-0.

Two new games for me tomorrow ;)

• I was also impressed by the young Alexandre Ferreira (OH, 20-year-old, SC Espinho, 203 cm)

Yes, he was a star of Portugal last night! His service was a great trouble for Germany and his attack is also on a high level.

• There are obvious problems inside the team. No one wants to share a room with Vlado Nikolov!

That's very bad :aww:

I too liked Portugal, very nice volleyball for such young team

• Well, Crer and Solé are two kids who play in Argentina, so I think no one here gets to see how they play every day either.

If we compare Argentina and Bulgaria by posts:

1. Setter - De Cecco >>>>>>Bratoev and > Zhekov
    2. Todorov, Yosifov, Nikolov > Crer and Sole /if Todorov blocks like against Serbia or like in Russia/
    3. Conte = Kaziyski /Kaziyski is better, but Conte receives much better sets and is easier for him
    4. Quiroga> our OH / in reception and defense
    5. Pereyra << Nikolov or Sokolov
    The libero I can't say but let's asume he is better than Salparov

As elements:

Argentina - reception, setting, defense
    Bulgaria - serve, block, spikes of 2 and 4 from bad reception

It should be more equal game if the players follow the plan. With all due respect only Muserskiy should be able to spike over Todorov's block. The guy is able to jump with his CHEST over the net for a block

https://www.facebook.com/photo…1057747974&type=3&theater

• Yavor, FIVB stats says we have better reception than them - 52% vs 36%

http://www.fivb.org/vis_web/volley/WL2012/pdf/P3-019.pdf

P.S. I'll never believe FIVB setting stats, Bratoev with 10 excellents per set, and De Cecco with 5 :lol:

• Yavor, I think Rado didn't let the bench players because he is afraid of the media and the public response to that. You know, they can always say "Rado doesn't want to win, fire him! etc". I also want to see the bench players. I'll watch every game with the expectation to see Dobri in the field. But yesterday it was only Penchev, Tsetso and Gocev in a few minutes. I hope in the next games Rado will let the young players in the field. There are many games to come so they have their chances.

raylight, can't you understand that the game positions are not equal? You can't compare setting with blocking. The one is the supreme position in volleyball, the one that every point goes through it and you can't hide your performer. The other is dependant on many things and sometimes the best MBs can do nothing. You can say that setting is dependent on receiving and partly on opponent's serving. But you can also say that blocking is dependent to the same aspects + setting. And all this calculations of yours. They are ridiculous. It is like the childish calculations A beats B; B beats C; so A will beat C. This is not serious. Because by your calculations Bulgaria right now is better than Argentina, Germany, probably Italy, and many other teams.

• Yavor, I think Rado didn't let the bench players because he is afraid of the media and the public response to that. You know, they can always say "Rado doesn't want to win, fire him! etc". I also want to see the bench players. I'll watch every game with the expectation to see Dobri in the field. But yesterday it was only Penchev, Tsetso and Gocev in a few minutes. I hope in the next games Rado will let the young players in the field. There are many games to come so they have their chances.

raylight, can't you understand that the game positions are not equal? You can't compare setting with blocking. The one is the supreme position in volleyball, the one that every point goes through it and you can't hide your performer. The other is dependant on many things and sometimes the best MBs can do nothing. You can say that setting is dependent on receiving and partly on opponent's serving. But you can also say that blocking is dependent to the same aspects + setting. And all this calculations of yours. They are ridiculous. It is like the childish calculations A beats B; B beats C; so A will beat C. This is not serious. Because by your calculations Bulgaria right now is better than Argentina, Germany, probably Italy, and many other teams.

Thank you for giving me qualifications, exposing you bad manners. Now, let me be specific. When Crer jumped against Todorov, in what exact moment Todorov jumped? How high did Todorov jump? How late did he jump? What did Stoychev tell him to do in such occasions? When the opponent team has 70% in attack, it is entirely your fault, not theirs! Brazil with Ricardo Garica didn't have such success against us, and you are telling me this young squad is two levels above them? Back then we had MB's who knew what the fuck are they doing on the net, my friend. I will say it again, because it is back-uped stastistically:

WHEN TWO TEAMS OF SIMILAR LEVEL / Similar level means that both are professional teams and most of their players play in good, professional leagues/ PLAY AND THE ONE HAS 70% IN ATTACK, AND THE OTHER HAS 2 BLOCKS, IT IS ENTIRELY THE SECOND TEAM'S FAULT FOR THIS.

Please, go in WL2011 and WC2011 and find me two more matches vs strong teams in which Argentina had 70% in attack

• Thank you for giving me qualifications, exposing you bad manners. Now, let me be specific. When Crer jumped against Todorov, in what exact moment Todorov jumped? How high did Todorov jump? How late did he jump? What did Stoychev tell him to do in such occasions? When the opponent team has 70% in attack, it is entirely your fault, not theirs! Brazil with Ricardo Garica didn't have such success against us, and you are telling me this young squad is two levels above them? Back then we had MB's who knew what the fuck are they doing on the net, my friend. I will say it again, because it is back-uped stastistically:

WHEN TWO TEAMS OF SIMILAR LEVEL / Similar level means that both are professional teams and most of their players play in good, professional leagues/ PLAY AND THE ONE HAS 70% IN ATTACK, AND THE OTHER HAS 2 BLOCKS, IT IS ENTIRELY THE SECOND TEAM'S FAULT FOR THIS.

Please, go in WL2011 and WC2011 and find me two more matches vs strong teams in which Argentina had 70% in attack

I am not saying that Todorov and Yosifov played the match of their lives! No. And the match vs Brazil with Ricardo Garcia can't compare with yesterday's match. Again you make comparisons without regarding the other relevant factors such as Argentina, Brazil and Bulgaria's other players, motivation, coaches, etc. There aren't only setters and MBs in volleyball, there are other elements. You'll see how with the same MBs, and if we switch De Cecco and Bratoev we wil have 70% in attack and Argentina will have 30%. You can't say that the MBs are the main reason for our loss. We have the worst setter(haven't watched Portugal and Canada, Petkovic is the same level, Travica is better) in the WL and Argentina has the best setter in the WL. This, together with the awful reception(Argentina's serves are not that difficult) and the lack of spirit cost us the game. I repeat, I don't say Todorov played good. But you can't lose a match 3:0 and in this way only because of your MBs.

• I think Stoychev made right decision playing that game with first team, because it is a world class team Argentina, and we obviuosly need games against such an opponents. It was a replay of the game in the finals in Gdansk last year. De Cecco and the other guys were perfect. lovely to watch... have no other words, just a total completed team with unpre3dictable and teqnique players, wish them all the best and specially to win this group so i can see them here in BG :!:

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

Results say he is

Well... if you're so satisfied with your results last year, and what's even more important, how the team looks like and fights... :win:

• Oh come on can we finish this converstaion about why or why not Bulgaria is the best? They have lost 3:0. That tells enough from their level at the moment. Mental balance and self confidance (based on performance and not on self-esteem) is a big percent of given performance at that moment when they play. This lacks for Bulgaria at the moment but I am sure they will give better performance in next rounds...

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• Raylight turn every topic in "Bulgaria and Todorov" topic.So annoying...

Argentina beat us 3:0.They are better in the moment,already everybody know about federation,scandals and so on in BG team.What more to say?Just they are better in the moment.

Germany for me is the favourite in this group,with Argentina are probably most promising teams in last 2 years.I wanna see Grozer and De Cecco in Sofia,really impressive players.

• Germany for me is the favourite in this group,with Argentina are probably most promising teams in last 2 years.I wanna see Grozer and De Cecco in Sofia,really impressive players.

About that, it is possible for both Germany & Argentina to qualify for finals? I mean there's no kind of restriction for three teams from a same pool qualifying, isn't it?

Say, Bulgaria should finish third in the pool and both of them should like get the three points every game against the other two, no?

• About that, it is possible for both Germany & Argentina to qualify for finals? I mean there's no kind of restriction for three teams from a same pool qualifying, isn't it?

Say, Bulgaria should finish third in the pool and both of them should like get the three points every game against the other two, no?

It is possible,the winner and the best 2 team,but BG must finish 3rd.

• Raylight turn every topic in "Bulgaria and Todorov" topic.So annoying...

Argentina beat us 3:0.They are better in the moment,already everybody know about federation,scandals and so on in BG team.What more to say?Just they are better in the moment.

Germany for me is the favourite in this group,with Argentina are probably most promising teams in last 2 years.I wanna see Grozer and De Cecco in Sofia,really impressive players.

Cry me a river :lol:

BTW, I wait for great show tonight, Germany and Argentina with equal chances for victory