2012 CEV Junior Volleyball European Championship

• So? What about Seganov?

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• Congrats to Italy!

Overall ranking:

1. Italy *
    2. Spain
    3. Belgium
    4. Turkey *
    5. Russia
    6. Poland
    7. Bulgaria
    8. Germany
    9. Greece
    10. Serbia
    11. Finland
    12. Denmark

The youth championship of this generation was ;

1-SERBIA
    2-FRANCE
    3-RUSSIA
    4-BULGARIA
    5-SPAIN
    6-GREECE
    7-BELGIUM
    8-TURKEY
    9-POLAND
    10-UKRAINE
    11-GERMANY
    12-FINLAND
    So we can a dramatical decrease of level of Serbia, Russia and Bulgaria (France didn't even manage to qualify to finals) whereas Italy, Spain, Belgium and Turkey a lot. Especially Italy's gold medal pretty much surprising. They couldn't participate to youth championship and get the chance to junior championship in last minute by being 3rd in their elimination tournament and by participating third round tournament :what:

On the other hand, giving best server award to Luca Borgogno is joke :wall: Baturalp Burak Güngör (TUR) got 22 ace (0,47 set aveage) while Luca made only 12 aces with 0.31 set average ?(

• I'm very happy for Italy's win!! so proud of the boys...this makes me a little bit more optimist about our future in Major level! :cup:

@serdar:where have you found the individual prices?? :sos:

• MVP: Sandro Caci (ITA)
    scorer: Andres J. Villena (ESP)
    spiker: Andres J. Villena (ESP)
    blocker: Ivan Demakov (RUS)
    server: Luca Borgogno (ITA)
    setter: Koen Thijs (BEL)
    receiver: Baturalp Burak Güngör (TUR)

libero: Roberto Rivan (ITA)

• Talented guy but I've to say this. Bulgarians were rude in both matches in Gdynia, laughing @ Russians and Germans today. It's really bad to see that :thumbdown:

Ough, how bad! Well, you should take their awful feelings after the dissapointing 3rd place in the group after 4 wins and 1 lose. It is hard to continue and sometimes it doesnt look nice. After all it is the russians who usually have such a behaviour, so i dont really care. The boys know best, and after all on the other side of the net are also boys

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• Where are their muscles? Besides Krasimir Georgiev, is there anyone with impressive physique?

P.S. Congratulations to Italy :)

• Top 6 is qualified for 2013 Junior World Championship in Turkey, right?

• Congratulations to all teams that was in Final4, but the biggest for Italy of course :win:

Our boys did a great job by playing semi final. They were so near to take a medal, but they already achieved a lot. :super:

Richard
    Only the champion's(Italy) and the host's(Turkey) spots are guarantee. Other teams will play a qualification tournament next year.

• Top 6 is qualified for 2013 Junior World Championship in Turkey, right?

No, only Italy and Turkey are qualified.

*Qualified for
    2013 FIVB Junior Men’s World Championship as winner of the European
    Championship and as organizer; the remaining four spots will be allotted
    via a series of qualifying tournaments scheduled for May 2013
    http://www.cev.lu/News.aspx?NewsID=13029&ID=5

• Last night I came from Gdynia but quite late so didn't have time to write impressions.

First of all organization was really bad, especially for journalists. In hall was cold, staff was very harsh regarding accreditations while in same time journalist didn't got theirs :rolll: . So Serbian team gave me one of their team accreditations, to be more precise scout gave me his. Organizing comitee was more focused on where u can got than on conditions in hall. F.e if u r journalist only what u could get was bottle of water and matches were lasting to 10 pm usually. The best joke was when some girl from press office asked me : ''This is Aleksandar Atanasijević?'' On photo was Uroš Kovačević :rolll: :obey: Transport was also bad, for journalist didn't exist so we were often taking taxi's. :aww: :thumbdown:

Regarding teams the biggest joke was selecting Koen Thijs as the best setter :rolll: :rolll: He is very poor, with better setter Belgians could won 1st place easily. Turkish captain Gungor was the best server not Bourgogno :rolll:

Italians deserved 1st place, Spain is just Andres Villena who is a monster. W/o setter and at least one good OH u can't win gold. Match fro bronze medal was good but refs have had huge influence on winner. Russians won 5th place but this is their the worst junior generation I've ever seen. Poles, hm... quite limited team, Muzaj was good in some matches as well as Lapszynski but that's all. Belgium had great Lecat and Colson, those guys have bright future. Finnish libero Kerminen was the best on tournament, even Brazilian scout agrees with me. They have very short team, very bad setters Kruppa and Kosi but Seppanen is very good player. Communication with players was good, most of Italians doesnt speak English, all of Turks, Belgians, Finnish, Serbians, Germans does. Russians and Poles so so, but we could understand by speaking Polish/Russian and Croatian :thumbsup:

I'll dedicate more space for Serbians as the biggest disappointment. It was visible that they have some internal problems (won't name anyone) and it was crucial factor in their Polish tragedy. Regarding staff I've the best possible opinion, great people :obey: :drink: so I was very sad just for them, not players.

Overall refs were tragic and hillarious, for the first time in my life (and I played volleyball) I saw one ref awarded mask :rolll: :rolll: :obey: It was on Serbia - Belgium match.

Regarding Gdynia as city I was expecting more. For me it was really depressing although it's quite big town. Hall is great :thumbup: But I'm thrilled with Gdansk, one of the most beutiful cities I've been in. :obey: What I've noticed also (that's only my impression) not so many young Poles are speaking English. Maybe I just bumped on wrong persons :rolll: Haven't been in Sopot, my schedule was hard.

If u have any questions I'm here to answer on them :whistle: :wavy:

• What is your opinion about Bulgarian NT with these players, Kaziyski? Can they improve?

• I forgot to congratulate winners! Congrats to all Italian, Spanish and Belgian members ;) To be totally honest with you, after my team didn't make it to the semis, I cheered for Belgian team... Well, that's a pity they didn't fight for a gold. I really liked some players like Lecat, Reynders and Colson. I have no idea about Spanish team 'cause I haven't seen any of their games. But I can't wait to see Villena playing. Reading your comments he was like MVP of the whole tournament. About Italians... I can only say that it tastes great that we beated them after five-sets horror. Not the best consolation prize, but I'm looking for positives in the end. :D

Last night I came from Gdynia but quite late so didn't have time to write impressions.

First of all organization was really bad, especially for journalists.In hall was cold

I told you that there will be cold :P

Poles, hm... quite limited team, Muzaj was good in some matches as well as Lapszynski but that's all.

I saw Muzaj for the first time and I was quite impressed. If this guy will be developing well, then we have a hope on OPP position. And maybe Częstochowa or Politechnika will be interested in some players from Junior NT, who knows...

Regarding Gdynia as city I was expecting more. For me it was really depressing although it's quite big town. Hall is great :thumbup: But I'm thrilled with Gdansk, one of the most beutiful cities I've been in. :obey:

I told you that too :D