2012 CEV Junior Volleyball European Championship

• I was a bit shocked when I checked the scores today, I was expecting Bulgaria to take a set or two, no idea why they disappointed today, maybe they were exhausted after yesterday's game. I haven't seen Turkey, actually, I've only seen Serbia and Bulgaria at this level, and I can't say whether they are better than Bulgaria or not, but looking at the standings makes me feel sad about it - Bulgarian kids have beaten Turkey and finished with more victories than them.. it sucks they are out, but they shouldn't have overslept the early game today. Congrats Turkey for making history! Let's see if you deserved the place in the semis ;) And yes, it would be a pity if Belgium stays out of it too.

• Actually we could have beaten Bulgaria 3-0 or 3-1 after having caught the chances to do that.Yes,Bulgaria should have took at least two sets.our mistakes were about to cost us lose the semi final but then Bulgaria's mistakes and Spanis good game caused Bulgaria stay out of the semis.This is volleyball.

• so, with what results could Belgium be in Top 2 or out of the semis?

Did some quick numbers in Excel (hope it's accurate)

Bold teams qualify (games in order they are scheduled - Poland will know scores of other two games):

- Scenario 1
    Belgium - Finland: (whatever result)
    Italy - Serbia: 3-0 (or 3-1)
    Poland - Russia: 3-0 (or 3-1)

- Scenario 2
    Belgium - Finland: 3-0 (or 3-1) (cause of better set ratio than Poland)
    Italy - Serbia: 3-0
    Poland - Russia: 3-2

- Scenario 3
    Belgium - Finland: 3-0 (cause of better set ratio than Italy)
    Italy - Serbia: 3-2
    Poland - Russia: 3-0 / 3-1

- Scenario 4
    Belgium - Finland: 3-1 (same set ratio as Italy - point ratio decides)
    Italy - Serbia: 3-2 (same set ratio as Belgium - point ratio decides)
    Poland - Russia: 3-0 / 3-1

• Actually we could have beaten Bulgaria 3-0 or 3-1 after having caught the chances to do that.Yes,Bulgaria should have took at least two sets.our mistakes were about to cost us lose the semi final but then Bulgaria's mistakes and Spanis good game caused Bulgaria stay out of the semis.This is volleyball.

There is no if in sports, you should know that already :)

• It is very good news for Turkish Volleyball to see also our young men through the semi finals after the success of young girls. Turkey lost Spain and Bulgaria games which were both very close and painful in 5. It made feel us like letting the games go away without doing nothing and just watching the opponents victories. But today Spain Bulgaria match changed everything and gave them a second chance that become the first i have ever remembered. Fortunately our young men didn't miss this opportunity and managed to take a place at semi finals. Now the same excitement before the last games is also valid for pool 1 which is not clear which teams will advance to the next round. All i can say is the struggles between the teams for reaching the top 2 of the groups look great even tough i don't follow the games.

• What are you talking about?! score in Poland-Serbia seems reasonable (-21, -16, -22).
    This is wat Belgian coach warned for after 3 wins: "we haven't actually achieved anything yet and still could miss semi finals or in worst case be eliminated all together".

In confrontations between top 3 (Belgian, Italy, Poland), Italy won 4 points, Poland 3 points and Belgium 2 points.
    So I wouldn't actually claim that we're the best team at this point.

C'mon, be a sport.

I'm not talking about score but about facts...I watched the match and I can say Serbs weren't playing...
    Again: points earned in confrontations between top 3 don't say anything...Did you watch the games?I saw some games and based on what I saw I claim that we are the best team out there and Poland is also a strong team well supported by their public.Italy, in fact, didn't impress me at all and that's why I'm so disapointed to see that we lost against them...

• So, what are you saying: we should forget about this annoying scoring system and have a jury decide on who gets into the semi finals?

I fear Belgium is out for the semi's, altough my hopes go to Russia in their match against Poland (sorry, Poland ;-))

• So, what are you saying: we should forget about this annoying scoring system and have a jury decide on who gets into the semi finals?

I fear Belgium is out for the semi's, altough my hopes go to Russia in their match against Poland (sorry, Poland ;-))

I'm going to say this system is like that and won't be changed but sometimes in sport a team that deserve a place don't get it and I fear it can be the team I support...
    Score doesn't always reflect the reality of a game.I mean it can be close but a team won easily and the opposite can also happen, that's why I recommend people to watch the games and speak about facts and not scores.

• any link for poland-russia match? tnx

• semis :dance6: :dance6: great...I'm really happy for this result, it is really positive after several years during which Italy didn't do much...keep on like this! :super:

• any link for poland-russia match? tnx

Same as before: http://www.siatkarskaligatv.pl/

Belgium needs Russia to win at least 2 sets, go Russia!

• Bad news for Belgium fans,Russia was close to getting second set but Poland didnt allow it to happen and made it 1-1 against Russia.

Yep, very close: Russia had 2 set points.
    3th set looking good, Russia leading 17-14...

• Yep, very close: Russia had 2 set points.
    3th set looking good, Russia leading 17-14...

Belgium in the Semi's!!

Russia is leading 2 sets to 1, so Poland can only equal Belgium's 11 points and already has worse set ratio.

• The truth is that young players from Serbia, Russia, Poland have more chances for better volleyball future than Belgian, Turkish, for which winning junior ECH can be the last success in their lifes. We must admit that. And I'm not saying it because I'm angry we didn't qualify into the semifinal but that's how it looks like.