2013 FIVB Junior World Championship - Turkey - 22/08

• Has FIVB something against us? it's the third WCh this year (with Men's Youth & Women's Youth, we didn't play Women's Junior) they make us have the free day the first day and then we have to play 4 in a row :down:

• Argentina doesnt have good team as they were in previous two WCH's... now I'm watching Japan-Mexico and can't wonder how the hell they lost to Japan

Japan won easily...

And we beat them 3-0 after losing (I guess you're talking about friendlies)

• I couldn't find any live stream from Turkish channel :mad: come on it is hosted by Turkey and no live broadcasting on TV :wall:

Check Laola's schedule. They were showing games today and they are for sure broadcasting most of the tournament.

• 3-0 for Iran.

The boys made 34 errors :aww: Our libero and our setter are not good, the latter being something rare in our teams of last years.

• Setter is too low, in time when most of the strongest teams have setter over 195cm Argentina both setters are under 185... big hole in block

Our setter in Youth Wch was 173cm and was chosen best setter of the tournament...

Anyway, we shouldn't care about getting new setters for the future, too much setters already

• Congrats Russia :drink: and Brazil, good and exciting match :thumbup:
    Poletaev :super: :white:
    i haven't words to describe how good is he.

• Congrats Russia :drink: and Brazil, good and exciting match :thumbup:
    Poletaev :super: :white:
    i haven't words to describe how good is he.

Poletaev was a bit absent-minded in the second set, but kept his composure till the end of the game. They have a fantastic cooperation with the setter Pankov. Interestingly, Russia plays with some guys much younger than their opponents in general. Pankov and Poletaev, for instance, were a part of the U19 WCH in Mexico several months ago. Now they are stars in another generation's championship, much like Uros Kovacevic, and will most probably send Russia to another final this year.

• Our setter in Youth Wch was 173cm and was chosen best setter of the tournament...

Anyway, we shouldn't care about getting new setters for the future, too much setters already

that says enough ;)

I'm not surprised with Poletaev and Pankov...they played for Junior NT in European qualies and were astonishing :whistle: before WCH they won ECH, so could become one of rare players with 3 golden medals in few months. But Poletaev is a monster, just remember his serves @9:11 in 5th... :obey:

• No one is speaking about Italian disaster.. French played great match, especially wingers Winkelmuller, Rossard and Clevenot. Italy is one man NT, Caci's absence is a big blow. After 2 matches I'm more sure they didn't deserve ECH gold last year

• Apparently this Iran U21 isn't as bad as I thought :D (or maybe they didn't play a good team yet ?! :whistle: ) still I doubt they can go too far in this tournament

They have to play this tournament with 11 players, their captain got seriously sick before the first match and they sent him home.

• Iranian captain?

Yes, he is Saeed Javaheri Tavana (1995)

• Turkish setter Murat Yenipazar has 49 running sets in 3 sets :white: 16.33 ratios might be a record if stats are true :whistle:

• I would wait when You will play vs Strong Opponent, Morocco or Egypt.. By the way suprising close sets anyway.