2013 FIVB U23 World Championship - Brazil - 06/10

• 12 countries has determined to complete the tournament

http://www.fivb.org/viewPressR….asp?No=42025&Language=en

The FIVB Volleyball Men’s U23 World Championship Open, which will take place in Brazil (city to be confirmed) from October 6 to 13, will also feature two countries per confederation plus the host Brazil and the highest country in the world rankings not already selected by their confederation – in this Russia.

Organiser: Brazil
    AVC: Australia
    AVC: Iran
    CAVB: Egypt
    CAVB: Tunisia
    CEV: Bulgaria
    CEV: Serbia
    CSV: Argentina
    CSV: Venezuela
    NORCECA: Dominican Republic
    NORCECA: Canada
    Highest WR: Russia

Competition Format

There are a total of 12 teams per gender. The competition format will see the 12 teams split into two pools of six teams playing in round robin format. The semifinals will feature the top two teams from each pool.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• draw

Pool A: Russia, Serbia, Iran, Venezuela, Mexico, Australia
    Pool B: Brazil, Argentina, Bulgaria, Egypt, Tunisia, Dominican Republic

• draw

Pool A: Russia, Serbia, Iran, Venezuela, Mexico, Australia
    Pool B: Brazil, Argentina, Bulgaria, Egypt, Tunisia, Dominican Republic

Canada was replaced by Mexico?

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Brazil
    S: Thiago Veloso (SESI), Fernando (Caxias)
    OH: Lucarelli (SESI), Lucas Loh (Minas), Ary (SESI) and Ricardo (São Bernardo)
    OPP: Rafael (Maringá), Alan (Cruzeiro)
    MB: Matheus (São Bernardo), Otávio (São Bernardo) and Leandro "aracaju" (SESI)
    L: Kachel (Cruzeiro)

• If Russia wins Gold Medal, this will be 8th Gold Medal of Russian Volleyball in 2013 ! Amazing.

• If Russia wins Gold Medal, this will be 8th Gold Medal of Russian Volleyball in 2013 ! Amazing.

Whıch ones are they?

Male

Youth WCh
    Junior WCh
    Senior ECh

Female

Senior ECh

what else?

• Male

Youth WCh
    Junior WCh
    Senior ECh
    World League

Female

Senior ECh

• Male

Youth WCh
    Junior WCh
    Senior ECh
    World League

Youth Olympic Games

Women:

Senior ECh
    Para Volley ECH

I would also add Gold Medal of Lokomotiv Novosibirsk in CL as Russian Club Team = 8 Gold Medals so far.

Since 14th Oct Women's Police EuroVolley.

• How is it possible that Dominican Republic, who doesn't exist on volleyball's international salons, will play as Represent of Norceca?

• I can't write- 21 pts rule is perfect because perfect things doesn't exist.

But is almost perfect.

Less or more than hour.

Essence of volleyball without unnecessarily prolonging and watching of tired Players.

Volleyball of future.

• Why not 18pt sets then?

In what way 21 is better than 18?

• Why don't you just quit watching after an hour and let everybody else who loves watching more Volleyball watch the rest of the match then?

• Beach and Indoor according to FIVB should have the same score system so better to 21 pts as in beach than 25 in indoor.

• It won't happen. Everybody hates the rule, teams (and maybe referees too? They hate the 15 seconds rule) in Mexico protested so long until they could play REAL volleyball, only in Ary Graca's kingdom it wasn't possible. There are so many petitions and actions against 21 points but I don't know a single one in favour of it. FIVB will lose all credibility if they create this rule.

• FIVB should think how to apply proper tournament schemes to increase volleyball credibility as serious sport and to stop the allegations in corruptions before any rule changes. The unpredictability of the formats year by year is not helping to gather more sponsors, neither the absurd way they push certain teams over others in competitions. They should learn from other sports which have established tournaments and seeding schemes.