2013 FIVB World Club Championship - Brazil - 15/10

• UPCN beat Trento :super:

Congratulations! Santos was outstanding in blocking and attack

UPCN 3 - 2 Trento

(22-25, 25-23, 25-22, 16-25, 15-13)

Sokolov scored 33 pts :white:

• Methodology plays little role here, I seriously doubt Serniotti changed much. He can't change everything in a month of practices with these guys. The problem for Trentino is that these players do not have the class and the mentality of the ones who left. Just take the last point in the match as an example, it summarizes things well. Stoychev's Trento would've won the tie-break, just like they did last year in Doha against Cruzeiro. Serniotti has limited potential as a coach with these players, it remains a mystery to me how they swept Macerata so easily, perhaps Lube is further behind schedule. Lanza is not a top player, he is a normal receiver, and Suxho was not really impressive today. Sokolov wasn't that spectacular either. We've had a discussion about him, let's not bring it back. On top of that, UPCN play with an outside attacker who (Filardi) is 180 cm, which is ridiculous as a fact as he rarely (if at all) attacks. Practically, they played with the middles and Theo only and still won. The Argentinian volleyball style is very technical, similar to the one shown by Cruzeiro, but Novosibirsk and Cruzeiro seem more threatening as opponents for this Trentino.

• If you make statistical analysis of Trento from 2007-2013 you will see that no matter what is the squad, the error level is always low. Other things change with players, like spiking succes and number of aces, but errors stay low. Errors are big mark of the training, not the individual players. Otherwise I agree with you, although the question with Sokolov is complicated - is he a good opposite when he scores 30+ pts but blows the tiebreak or is he a bad opposite /without these points is 3:0 for Argentinians. :)

• Of course he is a good opposite, but I want him to be the world's best some day. To get there he needs a lot more. I'd rather see him score only 15, but 5 of them in a tie-break.

Why such a short discussion in such an interesting thread? We are in the third day already and no one seems to be watching the games. With UPCN vs. Trentino and later Cruzeiro vs. Loko Novosibirsk the real tournament starts.

• I am here to comment, guys. Trentino will have hard time to be 1st in the group and to espace Cruzeiro in the semi - final so that is very important for them to win today but they lost eventually. They are making a lot of errors and that is not very good to see from them but still this is not true face so they will play better tomorrow and especially in knock-out, for sure.

Cant wait to watch Cruzeiro vs Novosibirsk soon... I believe Cruzeiro will beat them :wavy:

• Great match really. Camejo jumps sooo high! :obey: Diaz is the worst player on the court I believe... he is actor for circus, not vball player :cheesy:

Luis Diaz's form in recent years has been nothing but tragic. It is really curious what Marcelo Mendez is thinking and why he keeps Filipe Ferraz on the bench. I expected Novosibirsk to choose UPCN for the semis, but they should be confident regardless of their opponent. We'll most probably have a European derby in the semis and another South America vs. Europe final.

• Lokomotiv clearly underestimated Sfaxien, but I am still not sure whether the Russians wanted to win at first. Sfaxien blew up two match points in a very silly way. Still, respect to Noureddine Hfaiedh, a legend in Tunisia, for what he is demonstrating at the age of 40!

• Huge mistakes from Novosibirsk.
    Win or loss Trentino is playing way better than expected. Their reception is very stable, this gives Suxho chance to set whoever he wants.
    I don't want to compare but after watching Halkbank today ,I can say that this Trentino will beat Halkbank in straight sets :lol:

• Suxho seriously sux today

• Novo beat Trentino

In the last 2 points, Sokolov out, then blocked.