Friendly matches

• So let's finish our considerations. It is one conclusion.

"If Poland did not have the mentality problems that for several years Poland national team and the clubs have won major trophies"

• once again Polish looser mentality comes up :whistle: :obey: they can have best players in world but looser mentality can't be erased :wavy:

Well, for me it is definitely better to lose to Bulgaria in Wagner's memorial, than in WCH or ECH - as far as I remember we lost only once to Bulgaria in last years - now it is the second time.
    I think mentality doesn't have nothing to do with this match - it was quite close game (except third set) and Bulgaria was slight better. That's all. Mentality? In such a freindly game? Come on... Tell me more :roll: Why didn't you talk like that when Poland beat Brazil couple of days ago? We were leading 2-0, than was 2-2 and - with this way of thinking - we should have lost the game, but we didn't. Of course, Polish teams have problems with psychological part of the voleyball, but you can't think all the defeats are because of that - it is an absurd...
    One more question: why we discuss Hubert Wagner's memorial in here, while this tournament has its own thread? :lol:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• So you think that Polish players are one level above Bulgarians and if not our mentality we would won it 3:0 in sets to 15 8|

Im really glad you think our players are the best on the world and our league teams are better than others, but it is totally untrue.

And could you explain what do you mean by weak and strong mentality? If we would put teams of USA, Brazil, Germany, Russia, Japan together which team should won only because of their mentality (consider their volleyball skills are on the same level)?

And on the end, Im totaly agree with this what Nikolai Karpol said in his biography: "I don't accept the idea of mentalities. I won't hear talk of the relationship between geography and the temperament of sportsmen, mentality, or a region and mentality. What I need is a profesional mentality. They say that the Germans are disciplined, and the Greeks and Brazilians are not. However, I do not accept that. It is possible to chose a team with professional mentality from every nation, just as in teams from countries whose sportsmen are known as well-disciplined, you can literally find drug addicts..."

• And on the end, Im totaly agree with this what Nikolai Karpol said in his biography: "I don't accept the idea of mentalities. I won't hear talk of the relationship between geography and the temperament of sportsmen, mentality, or a region and mentality. What I need is a profesional mentality.

This is a nice point to ponder Justyana and I believe that the statement by Nikolai Karpol has some truth to it. I see his point in the context that these generalization borders on racism which should be avoided in sports. I do agree that it isn't nice to brand a National team to have weak mentality and so forth and generalize that to the whole country like: "The Poles have weak mentality".

However, I do believe that the psyche or the player's mindset contributes to an individual's motor control thereby affecting his performance in activities such as sports. In theories about Motor Control, cognition as well as motivation are key to execution of one's motor plan. Keeping this in mind, we still have to be judicious in using these theories when we make such statements generalizing about a country's psyche because there are no studies for a particularly country and we should uphold a healthy respect of each other's nationality. :)

• 26.08.2010 Messina, Italy

Bulgaria - Italia 3-2 (25-22, 25-22, 23-25, 18-25, 15-11)

Bulgaria: Ananiev 12, Yosifov 6, Nikolov V. 13, Aleksiev 11, Nikolov N. 14, Zhekov 1, Ivanov (L); Tsbetanov 2, Gotsev, Bratoev V. 7, Salparov (L), Sokolov 5, Mitev 1. All. Prandi.

Italia: Vermiglio 2, Savani 5, Buti 6, Fei 8, Parodi 7, Sala 4, Marra (L); Mastrangelo 9, Lasko 13, Maruotti 5, Travica, Birarelli 6, Cernic 6, Zaytsev 7. All. Anastasi.

Nice result, especially because Kaziyski didn't played. Today is second match

• Serbia 3 - 0 Spain

(25:23, 25:17, 25:20)

Serbia: KOVACEVİC(15), JANIĆ, PETKOVIĆ (4), TERZIĆ (4), STANKOVIĆ (10), SAMARDŽIĆ, GRBIĆ, NIKIĆ (9), RAŠIĆ (3), MILJKOVIĆ, STAROVIĆ (23), PETROVIĆ (4), PODRAŠČANIN (3), ROSIĆ.

Spain: SAUSEDO (11), SEVILJANO (6), RODRIGES (2), NODA (16), ERNAN (2), SALAS (2), ROKAMORA (5), FERNANDES (11), SUBIJELA (5), LJENAS, PERES (7), GARSIJA TORES (3), PALHARINI, DE AMO (1).

In the first match against Spain did not play Grbic, Miljkovic, Janice and Samardzic.

and 2nd match

Serbia 3 - 0 Spain
    (25-20, 28-26, 23-25, 29-27)

Serbia: KOVAČEVIĆ (14), JANIĆ (16), PETKOVIĆ, TERZIĆ (3), STANKOVIĆ (10), SAMARDŽIĆ, GRBIĆ, NIKIĆ, RAŠIĆ (5), MILJKOVIĆ (17), STAROVIĆ, PETROVIĆ, PODRAŠČANIN (14), ROSIĆ.

Spain: SAUSEDO (8), SEVILJANO (14), RODRIGES (7), NODA (16), ERNAN (2), SALAS (3), ROKAMORA, FERNANDES (7), SUBIJELA (5), LJENAS, PERES (16), GARSIJA TORES (11), DE AMO (1).

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

Edited once, last by burak-ı naz ().

• read this: Yeah no I agree with the former discussion: Poland does have weak mentality. I wiki-ed Polish history and I'm pretty sure this problem dates back to the Piast dynasty. Mieszko the 1st probably accidently sent out an order to humiliate all the newly born children, which then to his horror resulted in weak mentality (oh no! :S arrgh). This because we all know that as Freud taught us, childhood is the only determining factor in human behavior. Furthermore it probably also has something to do with Germany invading Poland first in WW II.

So that's cool, now that we have that clear we can get back on topic.

PS: Holland has NEVER lost a match I expected them to win, because unlike Poland *mocks*, WE do NOT have weak mentality. Especially not when we lost against Poland in the olympic qualification tournament with players such as Bas van de Goor, Blange, Nummerdor, Schuil and Gortzen... we had some serious mentality in that match. I heard all the Polish players were distracted by some outrageously hot chick during that match and that's why they forgot about their mental weakness. Wow.. it really all is coming together now.... that's just it: Poland has weak mentality.. why didn't I think of this before.... *coughs* bullshit *coughs*

• Yea, Poland can't lose like the other teams, they are mentally weak which sounds to me something like retarded or so?
    I think we should show some more respect to Polish players and admit that they are human beings (except for Kurek :D ) and they too can loose. Accepting the possibility of losing and still moving on is the greatest achievement of the human kind :)

• Alright, maybe our NT don't have strongest mentality, but...I still can't agree that we're mentally weak. I think it's terrible inconsistency, that's all :huh:

• Alright, maybe our NT don't have strongest mentality, but...I still can't agree that we're mentally weak. I think it's terrible inconsistency, that's all :huh:

Mine was ironic. Me and HeelMoi think the opposite of mental weakness of Poland. We do not agree with this thesis.

• PS: Holland has NEVER lost a match I expected them to win, because unlike Poland *mocks*, WE do NOT have weak mentality.

Most probably you're too young - I remember qualification to OG 1992 and in first match Netherlands (that time one of the best team in the world - silver medal in Barcelona 1992) lost to Poland in Rotterdam 0:3.

• Most probably you're too young

Nah, he is too old :whistle:

PS: Holland has NEVER lost a match I expected them to win, because unlike Poland *mocks*, WE do NOT have weak mentality. Especially not when we lost against Poland in the olympic qualification tournament with players such as Bas van de Goor, Blange, Nummerdor, Schuil and Gortzen... we had some serious mentality in that match. I heard all the Polish players were distracted by some outrageously hot chick during that match and that's why they forgot about their mental weakness. Wow.. it really all is coming together now.... that's just it: Poland has weak mentality.. why didn't I think of this before.... *coughs* bullshit *coughs*

More hot chicks during Worl Champs. Gold medal will be us :dance4: Italy, Im coming!

• Nah, he is too old :whistle:

More hot chicks during Worl Champs. Gold medal will be us :dance4: Italy, Im coming!

Great reply, Justyna !!! :thumbup:

• From today's Poland had played three friendlies against the Brazilian team. The host city is Curitiba. City to have many descendants of Polish .. The main adversary for selection will not be the Brazilians but the warmth that is in town .. In this winter with 30C or 86F degrees . Curiosity: the selection demanded in all meals were served in watermelons;; =D

• Hej friends from Brazil, woul you be so kind and inform me what time today's match BRA-POL starts?

Our TV will not show the matches, its strange as it ussually does, don't know why not this time ?( ?( ?(

Anyhow, do you have any website where I can watch the game???? HELP PLEASE!!!