Friendly matches

• Bratoev could be our Winiarski - Good serve, good single block, good defending skills, determination and courage. If he can level his reception to Winiarski's level will be great :)

• I didn't expect all the OH's to play so well. Aleksiev got really good on reception, and Bratoev also, if someone can judge from 7 receptions :). Any stats from the games in Romania? I wonder if Skirmov played.

• I didn't expect all the OH's to play so well. Aleksiev got really good on reception, and Bratoev also, if someone can judge from 7 receptions :). Any stats from the games in Romania? I wonder if Skirmov played.

They went only with two OH, so he must have played every set :serve:

• France Slovenia 4-1(25-19,25-17,25-23,21-25,25-16)

Slovenian team who traveled to france and will play first matches against Belgia

Reprezentanca za prvo tekmo evropske lige proti Belgiji:

setters: Dejan Vinčić (ACH Volley), Gregor Ropret (Calcit Volleyball/ACH Volley);

libero: Sebastijan Škorc (Budvanska rivijera), Miha Plot (Lennik);

OH: Tine Urnaut (Zaksa Kozle), Vid Jakopin (ACH Volley), Alan Komel (Lamia/ACH Volley), Jan Planinc (Calcit Volleyball);

MB: Davor Čebron (Hypo Tyrol), Alen Pajenk (Marmi Verona), Dragan Radovič (noliko Maaseik);

Opp: Mitja Gasparini (Jastrzebski Wegiel).
    i red an slovenian articles , and they said that slovenian team played the game as just arrived in the france,
    no much time for warming up...and in the 4th set Blaine played with the second team
    slovenian team stayed in france 2 more days and then go to antwerpen where they played first matches of this year erupoean league

• GB team preparing for the EL in Norway :white:

they played 4 games with host team and all four won by british team(how suprising :P )

• 17.05.2011 Holland - China 3:1 (25-21, 27-25, 15-25, 26-24)
    18.05.2011 Holland - China 2:3 (18-25, 20-25, 25-23, 25-23, 16-18 )
    19.05.2011 Holland - China 3:1 (no result)

Holland squad in first match : Nimir Abdelaziz - Sjoerd Hoogendoorn, Rob Bontje - Tije Vlam, Floris van Reekom - Jeroen Rauwerdink, Dirk Sparidans (L). In third match rest was given to Bontje and Rauwerdink

• Didn't expect Cubans to be that bad- losing 3 times to out-of-form Bulgaria and taking only 2 sets. Without Leal and Simon their attack is not balanced at all.

• Didn't expect Cubans to be that bad- losing 3 times to out-of-form Bulgaria and taking only 2 sets. Without Leal and Simon their attack is not balanced at all.

Everyone is talking about 3 victories, but we heard of two matches and got stats from two :what:

• It was more of a training between the teams than a real game. AFAIK they played 4 sets and Bulgaria won the first 3. Dunno what happend in the 4th

Expected results IMO... Simon and Hierrezuelo are key players, no one can replace them. According to stats Bell replaced Leal quite good in attack but not on reception.. I see Cuba struggling in WL :whistle: althought Italy dont have strong squad, Frenchmen are always unpredictable and Korea without Moon is unknown for me I dont see Cuba dominating in this group :wavy:

• Expected results IMO... Simon and Hierrezuelo are key players, no one can replace them. According to stats Bell replaced Leal quite good in attack but not on reception.. I see Cuba struggling in WL :whistle: althought Italy dont have strong squad, Frenchmen are always unpredictable and Korea without Moon is unknown for me I dont see Cuba dominating in this group :wavy:

Plus they are going to play all matches away ... Defenitely a tough task for them.
    I think that for once, the french NT is going to try to be doing good in WL. With all majors changes (Henno, Antiga, and Kieffer retiring from NT, Ngapeth being suspended by the federation, Bazin ... Huh ... Still arguing with Blain) many players will have the opportunity to prove what they're worth and Blain will have no choice but use this WL to build a new NT for the OG qualification process. It would be stupid to wait for European Championship, and for once the team might be aiming at a good performance in WL (which is often not the case, WL games being mostly seen as official friendly matches)

• Plus they are going to play all matches away ... Defenitely a tough task for them.
    I think that for once, the french NT is going to try to be doing good in WL. With all majors changes (Henno, Antiga, and Kieffer retiring from NT, Ngapeth being suspended by the federation, Bazin ... Huh ... Still arguing with Blain) many players will have the opportunity to prove what they're worth and Blain will have no choice but use this WL to build a new NT for the OG qualification process. It would be stupid to wait for European Championship, and for once the team might be aiming at a good performance in WL (which is often not the case, WL games being mostly seen as official friendly matches)

Same opinion here... IMO France have nice chance to take this group... Italy squad is pure joke obviously they arent interested in WL, Cubans have lot of internal problems and will play all matches away. I see Blain presented good squad for matches vs Italy (gald to see Lyneel in squad and probably in starting 6) and with proper approach France could go in Poland on Final round :whistle:

• 25/05/2011 Great Britain 3 - 1 China

• :white: Great Britain, new black horse on the horizon?

Have I missed something or Great Britain has actually a decent team? ?(

EDIT: Lol just saw now they trashed Norway 4 times in a row...mhmh..whatever that means???

• 24/05/2011 Turkey 1-3 Iran (19:25, 19:25, 25:16, 21:25)
    25/05/2011 Turkey 2-3 Iran (25:22, 25:22, 16:25, 17:25, 12:15)

The Iranian team is almost B-team (if not C) plus the reserve setter of the A team coached by Julio Velasco.

• 24/05/2011 Turkey 1-3 Iran (19:25, 19:25, 25:16, 21:25)
    25/05/2011 Turkey 2-3 Iran (25:22, 25:22, 16:25, 17:25, 12:15)

The Iranian team is almost B-team (if not C) plus the reserve setter of the A team coached by Julio Velasco.

I've read Turkey won one match 3:2 ?(

• Italy squad is pure joke obviously they arent interested in WL

My opinion is a bit different. The team is very far from being a joke, on the contrary- it's a nice young and promising team. The only problem imo is the opposite- I've never liked Lasko, and his sub Sabbi is totally inexperienced.