Friendly matches

• GB Men tie series with China
    26th May 2011
    The GB Men continued their winning form from Norway to defeat World No. 11 China in four sets in Sheffield.

The top ranked team from the Asian Volleyball Confederation have spent ten days in Europe, firstly in the Netherlands, before they headed to Finland. The Chinese team contains nine members of their 2010 World Champioship team, including all of their starters.

GB Men's Head Coach Harry Brokking was insistent that all his players gain experience playing against the Asian style of volleyball, which has some different tactics to the European game, and so played virtually two different teams across the two matches.

Wednesday 25 May
    GBR 3-1 CHN (25-21, 23-25, 30-28, 25-23)
    GBR: 2 Pipes | 3 Bakare | 4 Hunter (L) | 7 McGivern | 10 French | 11 Miller | 12 Lamont
    CHN: 1 Bian Hongmin | 6 Liang Chunlong | 7 Zhong Weijun | 8 Cui Jianjun | 10 Chen Ping | 15 Li Runming | 16 Ren Qi (L)

Thursday 26 May
    GBR 2-3 CHN (21-25, 15-25, 25-18, 26-24, 11-15)
    GBR: 6 Bennett | 8 Richardson | 9 Pink | 14 Sliti | 16 Howe (L) | 17 O'Malley | 18 Benson
    CHN: 1 Bian Hongmin | 6 Liang Chunlong | 7 Zhong Weijun | 8 Cui Jianjun | 10 Chen Ping | 15 Li Runming | 16 Ren Qi (L)

• 2 friendly matches between Bulgaria and Serbia

first on the 30th of July will be broadcasted on the TV and will follow the ceremony of official oppening of the new sport Arena in Sofia, which will host World league finals in 2012

• In June there were two friendly matches of Italian NT B and Iran of Velasco, Italy win both.

actually 3 matches, Italy B won the first two matches 3-1,3-1 but lost the last 0-3. Iran lacked many main players

well, today Iran and China played one match to determine Asian Challenger in World League Qualifier, China won 3-1 ! :wall: so We have to wait another year at least. ;(

anyhow, China, will play a 4 teams tournament with Iran, Australia and Kazakhstan , start from July 13.

• anyhow, China, will play a 4 teams tournament with Iran, Australia and Kazakhstan , start from July 13.

mosi, what is this tournament? where it is held? can we have a lifestreem from any of the matches?
    I am curious to see how those teams play volleyball - I've never watch Kazakhstan before :cheesy:

• actually 3 matches, Italy B won the first two matches 3-1,3-1 but lost the last 0-3. Iran lacked many main players

ops, I'm sorry for giving an uncorrect info :aww: , but I didn't read it nowhere... nice to notice that there were info about the victory and not about the defeat on italian website :pinch:

Again I apologize! :obey:

• mosi, what is this tournament? where it is held? can we have a lifestreem from any of the matches?
    I am curious to see how those teams play volleyball - I've never watch Kazakhstan before :cheesy:

this is a preparation tournament for this year's Asian championships in Tehran. and will be held in Taicang, China.
    here is the schedule, I see CCTV5 (the only Chinese sport channel that I know) will broadcast only one match (China-Iran, July 15, 16:00 local time)

I hope you won't see this match :D Iran NT is in deep shit right now with many many injured, semi-injured, unavailable and suspended players.

• ops, I'm sorry for giving an uncorrect info :aww: , but I didn't read it nowhere... nice to notice that there were info about the victory and not about the defeat on italian website :pinch:

Again I apologize! :obey:

oh, don't worry 8) , I know, as a fan of Italian volleyball I always check Italian volleyball websites.

they played the third match on 30th June in Perugia and Iran won 3-0 (25-20, 26-24, 25-23) and unfortunately this match cost us our main setter ! ;(

• Challenger Cup in China:

first round in Taicang :
    13 July: China 3-0 Kazakhstan (25-16, 25-18, 25-21)
    13 July: Australia 3-2 Iran (25-21, 21-25, 23-25, 25-21, 15-13)
    14 July: China 3-0 Australia (25-14, 25-20, 25-23)
    14 July: Iran 3-1 Kazakhstan (25-21, 12-25, 25-20, 25-22)
    15 July: China 3-0 Iran (25-23, 25-22, 25-14)
    15 July: Australia 3-0 Kazakhstan (25-16, 25-17, 28-26)

Table:
    1- China 3-0
    2- Australia 2-1
    3- Iran 1-2
    4- Kazakhstan 0-3

Second round in Zhenjiang:
    17 July: Australia 3-1 China (25-19, 25-21, 17-25, 25-17)
    17 July: Iran 3-2 Kazakhstan (21-25, 25-17, 23-25, 25-23, 15-4)
    18 July: China 3-1 Kazakhstan (25-22, 25-22, 21-25, 25-21)
    18 July: Iran 3-0 Australia (27-25, 25-20, 25-17)
    19 July: China 3-2 Iran (25-22, 25-14, 22-25, 19-25, 15-12)
    19 July: Kazakhstan 3-2 Australia (25-18, 25-17, 16-25, 20-25, 15-12)

Table:
    1- Iran 2-1
    2- China 2-1
    3- Australia 1-2
    4- Kazakhstan 1-2

• Vivo Minas - Bulgaria U21 3:2 25:20, 25:27, 25:22, 24:26, 15:8

• Could you please upload Bulgaria - Serbia friendly game? It was full with great plays from both teams :bump:

• Bulgaria - Serbia 3-1 (25-20, 13-25, 25-12, 25-21) stats: http://bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/7077.pdf

The occasion for the friendly game was the official opening ceremony of the new "Armeec Arena" Hall in Sofia - the venue to host the 2012 World League finals. My personal opinion is that the sports hall is very good, but to be able to host such a tournament the TV coverage must be improved - something almost impossible because of the nature of our national television BNT. Of course, it is only the first time they are testing it today, but compared to the Polish operators our guys seem dilettantes. Also, the atmosphere inside was a bit calmer than expected, maybe because of the non-competitive level of the game, but I seriously hope the audience in Sofia will not act like in a theater in general.. Something close to what we saw in Samokov (without the vandalism) would be perfect :D

About the game, Kolakovic actually used for most of the time almost all of his stars, unlike Stoychev. The only positive thing was the first appearance of Skrimov, and the substitution of Zhekov by Manchev, but this is something for the coach to take into consideration. I believe Skrimov did a decent job in reception, a better one in attack and was totally missing on block. He will have difficulties finding his place in the ECH squad, but maybe he deserves the chance. Overall, I was not impressed by the game that much, it still offered some good actions, but it was obviously a friendly.

• Austria shock Brazil in friendly
    Austria stunned 2011 FIVB Volleyball World League silver medallists Brazil on Wednesday 3-1 (18-25, 25-23, 25-21, 25-22) in a friendly match in Schwechat.

The match comes five weeks ahead of the CEV European Championship 2011 in Austria and the Czech Republic which will run from September 10 to 18 and the Austrians laid down their intent for the tournament in front of 3,000 home fans.

The home side had difficulty finding their way into the set early on and struggled in particular with the fast attacks from their Brazilian opponents. Thus it was no surprise that the guests quickly achieved a clear lead and secured the opening set at 25-18.

Brazil started well in the second before the Austrians mounted a fight back as their reception and attack worked better, carrying them to the set win to bring the scores level. The audience became even more excited and their shouting and cheering helped push the hosts to the third set as well 25:21.

The South Americans began to show nerves as the Austrian players kept pushing hard in the fourth, taking a 4-1 lead. Even though the Brazilians never really fell behind, the Austrian players kept their focus and had their first match point at 24:21. Despite failing on the first attempts Thomas Zass finally secured a sensational victory for Austria with a great spike.

“I really enjoyed the match tonight. The guys played great,” Austria coach Michael Warm said. “To show what we are able to achieve in front of such a crowd against such a good team, that is something special. Our reception was stable and thanks to our setter Oliver Binder, who gets better week by week, also our attack was strong. The team is more than happy.”
    FIVB

• oh God 8o
    I got so stunned with Austria's victory over Brazil :thumbsup: that I forgot to post the info I wanted to :lol:
    Anyway...

There will be a friendly tournament in Sofia 12-14 August
    participants: Bulgaria, France, Czech
    12.08 Bulgaria - France
    13.08 France - Czech
    14.08 Bulgaria - Czech

All matches will start at 18:00 EET. I do hope there will be a livestream although no such an iformation by now.
    For the vivitors in Sofia :P matches will be played in the new Sport Arena Armeec and you can watch them live for the price of 1 Euro :D .
    Too bad I am not in Sofia :( .

• Austria :what: Wowowow, I'm shocked! But in a positive way, good job Austria! :thumbsup: