Friendly matches

• I do not really disappoint at the lose, they just have been out of a match for so long a time.
    However, I really want Anastasi to consider about the serving. If Mika is his first selection for Kurek's partner and Gruszka should save Jarosz when he plays bad, we have 5 jump float server on the court Nowakowski, Mozdzonek/Kosok, Gruszka, Mika & Zygadlo. The only jump powerful server is Kurek. Not to mention this is too weak.

• 2nd game against France can't be worse, I think, cause that one yesterday was very bad... Polish players were moving in slow motion and looked sleepy. In some moments it seemed we were playing Brazil or Russia - not France. Frenchemen who are going to play in PlusLiga next season may be happy with their performance against Poles...
    I'm not worried to much, because it was only friendly, but it is nothing pleasent to watch Poles playing like that in their own hall :roll:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Ojla, you were on this match? 8o
    How nice, but you must say, that Magiera is the best bellwether in Poland. This guy, who's yesterday entertained people was... X( You know.
    Well, I'm not VERY worried, everybody's sees, that they are after very hard work in gym, not "fresh".
    It's a shame to say, but I watched French more...

• Uhmm....well...the score may be a little bit suprising, but you have to remember that we're on a different stage of preparation for ECh. French have already played couple of matches with pretty solid teams, while it was our first match since World League.
    You may consider it as a poor explanation, but I think it had some impact on our performance. We weren't so fresh, we seemed to be kinda sleepy and very inconsistent. Our shape is clearly not build yet. It has to be ready for September, so let's not exaggerate.
    Let's keep our fingers crossed for tomorrow, it has to better! :super:

Actually, I don't think it is a poor explanation That's why I'm sure today's match will be better.
    Our guys worked so hard at the gym... They need to play. And those matches with France and later matches with such strong teams on Memorial will help them.

I do not really disappoint at the lose, they just have been out of a match for so long a time.
    However, I really want Anastasi to consider about the serving. If Mika is his first selection for Kurek's partner and Gruszka should save Jarosz when he plays bad, we have 5 jump float server on the court Nowakowski, Mozdzonek/Kosok, Gruszka, Mika & Zygadlo. The only jump powerful server is Kurek. Not to mention this is too weak.

Can someone tell me what happened with Ruciak? I was kinda surprise when Kubiak played in starting six instead of him.

2nd game against France can't be worse, I think, cause that one yesterday was very bad... Polish players were moving in slow motion and looked sleepy. In some moments it seemed we were playing Brazil or Russia - not France. Frenchemen who are going to play in PlusLiga next season may be happy with their performance against Poles...
    I'm not worried to much, because it was only friendly, but it is nothing pleasent to watch Poles playing like that in their own hall :roll:

Yeah, it's nothing pleasant. But finally we can watch our new french players in Plusliga winning and in addition on polish ground :D
    But, I'm going to watch a repetition so I can know how they played.

• Can someone tell me what happened with Ruciak? I was kinda surprise when Kubiak played in starting six instead of him.

Thank you for remind me, beacuse I wonder now, which player wasn't on court yesterday, except Drzyzga, which makes me angry and agressive :lol:
    BUT it was nice to see Mika so long on court, well, the beginning of his performance was bad, no power in attack(he must work on gym MORE AND HARDER!), later he was much better, his cooperation with Zygadlo looked good, although Lukasz said, that with Mika he never played - even on trainings!

BTW - Kubiak took '20' on shirt - how sad... :lol: :lol:

• Ojla, you were on this match? 8o
    How nice, but you must say, that Magiera is the best bellwether in Poland. This guy, who's yesterday entertained people was... X( You know.
    Well, I'm not VERY worried, everybody's sees, that they are after very hard work in gym, not "fresh".
    It's a shame to say, but I watched French more...

Yup, yup, yuup! :D
    Oh yeah, Magiera is the best, he may be kinda boring or annoying or whatever for some people, but come on...listen to some other guys who are trying their best to do what he does :D They can't come close to him :D
    And I already really got used to Magiera, so when I hear some other guys, it's kinda weird, I can't stand them :D
    About our guys- as I already said, I'm also not worried, they're still definitely on a process of building their shape, it's really hard to expect from them to already be in almost a top shape!
    The real test of their shape will come in the last days of August- Memorial will definitely give us some more answers about our shape and maybe about the final squad ;)

*evil laugh* 13 is finally on a right belly!

Btw, I'm sorry, I know I probably talk about it all the time whenever I see Kurek, but really I'm sooo impressed with his serve.
    Compare it to Castellani/Nawrocki period and now....it's a loooot more stable! It has always been very strong and fast, but very shaky, now it's finally the way it should be! Great job, Andrea!

• How about Rouzier? Was he happy, when you sang for him HAPPY BIRTHDAY? :D Because I haven't seen this.
    Today are you going, too?

• How about Rouzier? Was he happy, when you sang for him HAPPY BIRTHDAY? :D Because I haven't seen this.
    Today are you going, too?

Yeah, I'm going today as well.
    Well...Antonin had no other choice :D He definitely enjoyed it, he was clapping and sending kisses to us :D Unfortunately the music was a little bit too overwhelming, I dunno if he heard us yelling, I mean singing 'Happy Birthday' so well, but overall it was kinda cool anyway :D

• I'm jealous. To my hometown polish national team will never come X( :lol:
    I hope, that you cheered nice? :D I really want to be there, it's close to Kielce, if I could be there on holidays a little longer... So please, support them twice! ^^
    I hope again to see Swiderski on court today. If Anastasi won't let him to play...

• I'm jealous. To my hometown polish national team will never come X( :lol:
    I hope, that you cheered nice? :D I really want to be there, it's close to Kielce, if I could be there on holidays a little longer... So please, support them twice! ^^
    I hope again to see Swiderski on court today. If Anastasi won't let him to play...

Oh I was obviously the wildest supporter in the hall :rolll:
    No problem Aga, today I'll support them from myslef and from you! :D

• Thank you for remind me, beacuse I wonder now, which player wasn't on court yesterday, except Drzyzga, which makes me angry and agressive :lol:
    BUT it was nice to see Mika so long on court, well, the beginning of his performance was bad, no power in attack(he must work on gym MORE AND HARDER!), later he was much better, his cooperation with Zygadlo looked good, although Lukasz said, that with Mika he never played - even on trainings!

And that is exactly what I can't totally understand! Why Drzyzga didn't even appear on the court? Shit... :aww:
    Andrea let him play, let him show his skills!
    Watching Mika on the court was a pleasure for me. He could be really awsome! First match with Żygadło and it wasn't bad. Quite good, IMO :roll: I love this guy.

*evil laugh* 13 is finally on a right belly!

Btw, I'm sorry, I know I probably talk about it all the time whenever I see Kurek, but really I'm sooo impressed with his serve.
    Compare it to Castellani/Nawrocki period and now....it's a loooot more stable! It has always been very strong and fast, but very shaky, now it's finally the way it should be! Great job, Andrea!

I didn't even notice that ?( I just have watched that match but I didn't care about his t-shirt. But I was sure that coming back to NT Świderski get back his number.
    I don't remember any player in our team with 20... It looks cool, anyway :D

Yeah, Bartek is a serving monster now. Improvement of his serving skills is evident. I read an article in which he was interviewed and he said about his service. He was pretty content with that. But Bartek is Bartek. He always wants improve more and more :roll:

Yeah, I'm going today as well.
    Well...Antonin had no other choice :D He definitely enjoyed it, he was clapping and sending kisses to us :D Unfortunately the music was a little bit too overwhelming, I dunno if he heard us yelling, I mean singing 'Happy Birthday' so well, but overall it was kinda cool anyway :D

If I knew earlier about those matches in Ostrowiec I would come. It's closer to me than Katowice.
    Antonin looked as if he was happy like a baby :D Cute. I'm always so cheerful when our polish crow sing for someone or have nice posters with greetings. First Sidao, now Antonin. Nice stuff.

• And from me!
    :thumbsup:

That's right! :D :D
    Maybe our trinity in the form of one person(I mean Ola) will help boys today... :lol: :lol:
    My starting six for today:
    Drzyzga-Gruszka
    Kurek-Swiderski
    Kosok-Nowakowski
    Ignaczak.
    :thumbup:

• I'll do my best! :D

• I dream about watching Drzyzga on the court, not Żygadło :roll:
    Someone mentioned earlier about serves. That yesterday we had one bomb maker (Kurek) and the rest were float servers. Imagine what could be with Drzyzga and Świderski on the court. Balance.

• Any link for today's match? :drink:

• AUSTRALIA V SADA CRUZEIRO VOLEI

Monday 15/8/2011 – Belo Horizonte, Brazil

RESULT 3 : 1 (30 – 32, 25 – 19, 25 – 23, 25 – 22)

Volleyball Team Australia played their final match in Belo Horizonte this evening in a third and final encounter with SADA Cruzeiro Volei with the match results standing at 1 win a piece.

Australia went into tonight’s match with a big focus on winning against an opponent that they knew quite well and were confident they could beat if they played consistently in the key areas of Attack, reception and service. From the outset Australia showed they were determined to win the match, playing with very good focus and siding out very well. An inability to convert transition for point opportunities on serve was the only reason Australia did not dominate the first set and SADA Cruzeiro stayed within 2 points of Australia, and ended up winning a marathon set where both teams had set points, 32-30.

Australia lifted their work rate in the second and third sets, playing very consistently in attack and began to apply a lot of pressure through service and block. Both teams made a number of service errors in these sets as they pushed hard for an advantage, but Australia was more consistent in attack and won the second and third sets leading from start to finish.

The final set saw Australia dominate SADA at the net, recording 6 stuff blocks and 2 service aces as they played with a great determination to finish the match off. SADA tried a number of substitutions to change the momentum of the set and with Australia leading 21-15 sparked a late come back to close within 1 point but Australia steadied and closed out the set 25-22 recording their second win against SADA Cruzeiro for the series.

AUSTRALIA V SESI SAO PAULO

Wednesday 17/8/2011 – Sao Paulo, Brazil

RESULT 3 : 2 (22 – 25, 25 – 17, 24 – 26, 25 – 23, 15 - 10)

Volleyball Team Australia played their first match against reigning Brazilian Superliga champions, SESI Sao Paulo earlier this evening eventually winning the match in 5 sets. During the match Australia recorded their best attack statistics for the tour against a SESI team, with some of their starting players currently in training with the Brazilian National team.

Australia started slowly in this match as SESI dominated the first set with excellent reception attack and some heavy jump serving which kept Australia on the back foot. Australia turned the tables in the second set with some outstanding attacking of their own and had opportunities to win the third set, but a run of errors in the last three points saw this opportunity slip away in a very close set, 24-26.

The fourth and fifth sets were dominated by Australia’s attack and blocking combined with some very good tactical serving that created a number of double and triple block opportunities. They lead 8-3 at change of ends in the fifth set and controlled the match from this point onwards.

• Poland plays much better today and Ngapeth is resting :)