Friendly matches

• You have full rights to disagree with me, that's obvious, but don't take everything I said so literally. When I said we're pretty average, I didn't mean Kurek or Bartman, but team in general. We don't have good OPP, our OHs are also pretty shaky, excluding Kurek ofc. Our setter is also rather...poor, middle-blockers are not that bad, but lately they didn't get many chances to show their skills. Volleyball is a team sport. Individualities won't win matches. Look how our game looks totally different when we lost Bartman, it's almost all the time Kurek, Kurek, Kurek, even when Zibi played Bartek was the most exploited player. Imagine what could happen if we lost Kurek, we would totally collapse! Plus if only we could have Zagumny, Wlazły, Kadziewicz, Winiarski, Pliński in the team, most of our current basic players would sit on the bench. Those players would make a huge difference. Now when we're facing some problems, our situation looks even worse, but not hopeless.

Obviously I didn't mean whole Polish nation, but lots of people are just like that, fans of success. And that's really frustrating.

Lately I wondered about it. It would be an ARMAGEDON without Kurek :aww:

So why they're so good with other setters? Such an explanation doesn't speak to me. I'm not a big fan of them, but I must admit that they're really good, and we need them, unfortunately.

Misunderstanding. I mean that with Żygadło our team is totally different so even Wlazły and Winiarski couldn't change it. Żygadło is just to weak to be the first setter. And Guma is a genius. He can do something from nothing, you know.
    Well... Earlier I said that Wlazły is better when he plays in Skra. So there is no way that with other setter he isn't good 'cause he plays with Falasca there :P
    The same with Winiarski. He was brilliant in Trentino.
    So I'm sorry for saying this but... the truth is Żygadło sucks. Usually. 'Cause he has some good moments too.

http://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/p…bia-nellultima-amichevole

Serbia-Italy 2-3 (25-22, 25-21, 30-32, 25-27, 13-15)

;( we also wasted two match ball in the third set. uff...

Can I ask about starting six? In both teams of course.

• Italia - Serbia 2-3 (25-22 25-21 30-32 25-27 13-15)
    Italia: Travica 4, Zaytsev 12, Mastrangelo 14, Lasko 16, Savani 16, Buti 6. Giovi (L); Parodi 5, Maruotti, Sabbi 4, Birarelli 8, Boninfante. Non entrati: Bari, Barone.
    Serbia: Petkovic 2, Nikic 14, Stankovic 6, Milijkovic 23, Kovacevic N. 11, Podrascanin 13. Rosic (L). Rasic, Mitic 4, Atanasijevic, Kovacevic U.. Non entrati: Vemic, Petrovic, Dokic. All. Kolakovic.
    Arbitri: Boris e Astengo.
    NOTE - Spettatori: 1800 Durata set: 26, 26, 35, 29, 15 minutes. Italia: bs 35, bv 7, mv 16, e 9. Serbia: bs 22, bv 4, mv 11, e 11.

non entrati = didn't play

bs = battute sbagliate = service errors (Italy 35 O___O)

bs = battute vincenti = ace

mv = muri vincenti = kill blocks

e = errors

Italian starting six: Travica-Lasko; Mastro-Buti; Savani-Zaytsev; Giovi L

Serbian starting six: Petkovic-Milijkovic; Podrascanin-Stankovic; Kovacevic-Nikic; Rosic L

Others infos from volleyball.it: Parodi and Birarelli played a lot. I guess (I'm sure) that Birarelli palyed instead of Buti, while I don't know who was replaced by Parodi - that played also in the first line. Probably Zaytsev, but I'm guessing... after all it seems to me that Parodi never replace Savani at the Wagner, didn't he?

About Serbia, seems that the young setter Mitic played very well. Milijkovic too.

• Wooow Italy, are you trying to beat us in an enormous amount of service errors? :D
    Ivan 12 points...not bad
    Gigi :roll: ...I wish our middle-blockers scored as many points as Mastro :roll: Or just a half of these...
    Seems like an interesting match, despite those service errors...but I kinda got used to that, so it really wouldn't be a big deal to me :D
    Too bad we weren't able to see this :(

• Austria vs Poland B 3:1 (25:19; 27:25; 24:26; 25:18 )
    Laimer was Austria's best scorer. He scored 20 points. In Poland- both Gierczyński and Janeczek scored 9 points.

• I completely disagree. I don't know if Kurek isn't one of our best players ever. And we can't say sth like that if we don't know what Bartman is capable of as opposite. About Wlazły, IMO he shows his best only in Skra. I remember him playing good in NT only on WCh 2006. Winiarski isn't irreplaceable as well. What we dramatically lack is a good setter. So I can say that we are rather average team without Zagumny. I don't think Żygadło become one day an amazing setter. No. I just don't believe in him. That's why I count on Fabian. He is our hope.
    Wlazły and Winiarski... They wouldn't be so good without Guma.

Zagumny is great setter but I dont know why're you against Zygadlo ?( You cannot expect someone will maintain his form for over 3 months :gone: 3 months ago he was good and now sucks :rolll: setters stick to tactics and I really doubt Zygadlo is deciding Polish tactics. IMO it's quite logical to play on the ends since MB are poor. I'm quite sure with Plinski in squad he would use MB more.

No matter what you say Wlazly is still best Polish opposite to be more precise only quality opposite in this moment. Gruszka is getting old, Jarosz in big hole for over 1,5 years, Bartman isn't opposite. Winiarski along Kurek and Bartman is best Polish OH. And who should be starting setter? Fabian? Give me a break, he is talent but he doesnt have experience no matter he is starter in AZS. ECH is another world for Plus liga.. As I remember Zagumny is ZAKSA setter while Wlazly and Winiarski are playing in SKRA, Polish champion. So they're champions without Zagumny. And why're you so sure that Wlazly and Winiarski are refusing to play for NT. All players wish to play on ECH so I'm pretty sure there are some other reasons why they won't play. Maybe you should blame some others for their status.

• 3 settembre
    a Nitra (Svk)
    Slovacchia - Iran 1-3 (17-25, 24-26, 25-19, 28-30)
    Top Scorer: M.Nemec 23, Kohut 15, Sopko 10, Kmet 10; Nazari Afshar 18, Bazargarde 13, Kamalvand 9, Ghafour 7, Nadi 7

a Kokkola (Fin)
    Finlandia - Estonia 3-1 (25-20, 25-17, 22-25, 25-20)
    Top Scorer: Mi.Oivanen 15, Kunnari 14, Siltala 13, Shumov 12; Venno 15, Nommsalu 13, Pupart 11, Pajusalu 7

a Graz (Aut)
    Austria - Polonia B 3-1 (25-19, 27-25, 24-26, 25-18)
    Top Scorer: Laimer 20, Berger 16, Ichovski 14; Zalinski 14, Gierczynski 9, Janeczek 9

Kaziyski: at the WL Anastasi commented "ask them why they aren't in the squad, don't ask me!"... That's definitly means that someone of these great polish player chosed by them self not to play in the NT.

• Kaziyski: at the WL Anastasi commented "ask them why they aren't in the squad, don't ask me!"... That's definitly means that someone of these great polish player chosed by them self not to play in the NT.

Yup, actually Andrea got really pissed when some journalists asked him about absence of Winiarski and others, and I totally understand it. When he signed a contract with our team, he was hoping to have all players to be ready to play. It's not like he resigned from them. The situation is clear, but there are still questions: 'Where are Wlazły, Winiarski and others?' Who wouldn't get pissed? He had to make a team from players who were ready to play, they're definitely not our best players, but he had no other choice, he won't beg Wlazły on his knees to play in NT. That's their own buisness and problem, not our coach's.

Here highlights!!! 8o http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…s&feature=player_embedded

I asked for the whole match, we will see....=)

8o Thaaaankssss Miky!!!! Can't wait to see it! Unfortunetely I'm not able to do it now, 'cause I'm not home, but definitely I'll check that out asap!!! Thanks a loooot! :flower:

• Yup, actually Andrea got really pissed when some journalists asked him about absence of Winiarski and others, and I totally understand it. When he signed a contract with our team, he was hoping to have all players to be ready to play. It's not like he resigned from them. The situation is clear, but there are still questions: 'Where are Wlazły, Winiarski and others?' Who wouldn't get pissed? He had to make a team from players who were ready to play, they're definitely not our best players, but he had no other choice, he won't beg Wlazły on his knees to play in NT. That's their own buisness and problem, not our coach's.

I believe there is some conflict between Wlazly, Winiarski with Federation. Dunno who wants to miss ECH :what:

• Ok, thanks again. :thumbup:

Here it is: Stats Italy-Serbia

http://ossrb.org/main/vesti/11/itm1.jpg

• Here it is: Stats Italy-Serbia

http://ossrb.org/main/vesti/11/itm1.jpg

Where the hell did you find it?! :white:

thanks! really interesting! So now I know that Parodi played for Zaytsev.

btw Zaytsev has good stats: reception 71% pos and 48%perfect with 2 errors (31 reception); 61% in attack with no errors (but blocked twice). While Savani reception is 30%pos, 10%perfect with 1 errors (20 receptions)...

Parodi 5 serve with 4 errors O.o

Milijkovic blocked 9 O.o

• Milijkovic is not in a great shape. He scored only 4 points with match with Bulgaria.
    Serbia is in trouble IMO. Slovenia will shoked them. However their pool is relativle weak, so probably they will advance further.

• Sorry, for me it's not clear. Maybe I am not updated. Can you explain me why they are out?

Yes, I can. So basically they said 'no' to our coach, before the NT season had started. The reason? Probably injuries, as always, although they have already started practicing in the club...seems like they're healthy now...
    I don't want to suggest anything, but it's really frustrating that we can never have all players ready to play... :down:

• Gigi will be dangerous on ECh. For sure. He is unbelievable now :D

As I remember Parodi replaced Savani one or two times when Cristian had weaker moments. I don't remember in which match. But it were short changes. Parodi rather replaced Zaytsev or Maruotti.

Zagumny is great setter but I dont know why're you against Zygadlo ?( You cannot expect someone will maintain his form for over 3 months :gone: 3 months ago he was good and now sucks :rolll: setters stick to tactics and I really doubt Zygadlo is deciding Polish tactics. IMO it's quite logical to play on the ends since MB are poor. I'm quite sure with Plinski in squad he would use MB more.

No matter what you say Wlazly is still best Polish opposite to be more precise only quality opposite in this moment. Gruszka is getting old, Jarosz in big hole for over 1,5 years, Bartman isn't opposite. Winiarski along Kurek and Bartman is best Polish OH. And who should be starting setter? Fabian? Give me a break, he is talent but he doesnt have experience no matter he is starter in AZS. ECH is another world for Plus liga.. As I remember Zagumny is ZAKSA setter while Wlazly and Winiarski are playing in SKRA, Polish champion. So they're champions without Zagumny. And why're you so sure that Wlazly and Winiarski are refusing to play for NT. All players wish to play on ECH so I'm pretty sure there are some other reasons why they won't play. Maybe you should blame some others for their status.

1) I'm not so against Zygadlo as it maybe looks like. I said many not beautiful words about him because he sometimes just irritates me. I'm not so patient person and I waited soooo long for Żygadło to show something spectacular and he didn't show. He is average for me. Comparing him to Zagumny he is just not good enough. Although I appreciate his play in defense.
    Ok Zygadlo maybe tries but I just want fireworks. His setting is sometimes boring :sleeping:

2) And why you're so against polish middle-blockers? I will defend them as a lion. Well... maybe not Mozdzonek :D But Nowakowski and Kosok, yes.

3) Wlazly is just famous for this that he refuses playing in NT, unless it comes to World Championships or Olympic Games. Come on. There are no stupid people in Poland. He plays in Skra and when it comes to play in NT he is injured. I'm just tired of waiting for great mighty lord Wlazły. He just don't want to play in NT. Why? I don't know.

I believe there is some conflict between Wlazly, Winiarski with Federation. Dunno who wants to miss ECH :what:

Actually, Winiarski wanted to play in ECh but he wasn't appointed and I guess it's because he didn't play on WL. But he still claimed he wants help NT and he is hopeful for his return to the team maybe on WC.

• 1) I'm not so against Zygadlo as it maybe looks like. I said many not beautiful words about him because he sometimes just irritates me. I'm not so patient person and I waited soooo long for Żygadło to show something spectacular and he didn't show. He is average for me. Comparing him to Zagumny he is just not good enough. Although I appreciate his play in defense.
    Ok Zygadlo maybe tries but I just want fireworks. His setting is sometimes boring :sleeping:

2) And why you're so against polish middle-blockers? I will defend them as a lion. Well... maybe not Mozdzonek :D But Nowakowski and Kosok, yes.

3) Wlazly is just famous for this that he refuses playing in NT, unless it comes to World Championships or Olympic Games. Come on. There are no stupid people in Poland. He plays in Skra and Actually, Winiarski wanted to play in ECh but he wasn't appointed and I guess it's because he didn't play on WL. But he still claimed he wants help NT and he is hopeful for his return to the team maybe on WC.

I have nothing against Polish MB. Just I've seen a lot matches in Plus liga and Polish NT and from my point of view only good Polish MB's are Lucas and Plinski. It's not matter do I like them personal but as players. Surely they're good players but not for NT level, that's all.

Zygadlo was excellent setter 2 months ago and now sucks. Can u understand there is no way to maintain same form for over 2 months?? After tones of matches in WL then break and basic preparations for ECH it's impossible

• Zygadlo was excellent setter 2 months ago and now sucks. Can u understand there is no way to maintain same form for over 2 months?? After tones of matches in WL then break and basic preparations for ECH it's impossible

I think it's too big word for Zygadlo :P
    I can understand a lot. And yes I understand that it's hard to maintain good form for 2 months, you're right. The point is whether Zygadlo is in good shape or not he isn't my summit dreams at all. I think he will play better on ECh than on Memorial but still it's not the same what I would wish for my team if it comes to setting.