Friendly matches

• Second friendly:

Argentina - Cuba 3:2 (25-23, 15-25, 24-26, 25-19, 15-10)

Argentina: Castellani (O), Bengolea, Pereyra (OH), Sole, Ramos (MB), De Cecco (S), Gonzalez (L). Also played: Poglajen, Quiroga, Finoli, Romanutti, Gauna.

Cuba: Bisset (O), Cepeda, Fundora (OH), Mesa, Fiel (MB), Estrada (S), Gutierrez (L). Also played: Leyva, Macías, Osoria, Quintana.

Top scorer of Argentina was Castellani with 17, Bisset was again of the match overall with 20 something points (don't remember exact number, sorry).

Cuba improved a lot with the changes, very sharp in attack with Fundora, Bisset and Mesa. Somewhat weak in defense and that costed them the match.
    Argentina very good in defense, but average in attack. I liked a lot middle blocker Ramos (player from argentine and Southamerican champion UPCN), I even think he should start instead of Crer in WL, did a couple of nice blocks and was good in attack when he was needed by De Cecco.

• Mousavi from Iran and Sokolov from Bulgaria stood out in this match.
    http://www.sportal.bg/news.php?news=429822

The bad news is that Bulgaria is back to 90's, new Ganev, OHs without too much attack. Defense is better, of course, but other teams improved in that too.

• Bulgaria - Iran 3:1

(25:19, 16:25, 25:18, 28:26)

http://www.sportal.bg/news.php?news=429943

• Second friendly
    Italy-France 1-3 (26-28, 19-25, 25-20, 23-25)

Italy: Beretta 10, Parodi 2, Savani 14, Zaytsev 14,
    Travica 3, Birarelli , Rossini (L). Cester3, Lanza 2, Fedrizzi 4,
    Vettori 11, Piano 4, Baranowicz, Giovi, All. Berruto

France: Hardy- Dessources 6, Redwitz 2, Ngapeth 13, Le Goff 5, Tuia 8,
    Sidibe 17, Grebennikov (L), Toniutti, Quesque 1, Lyneel 9. Ne Le Roux.
    Nd. Moreau. All. Tillie

• This time Bulgaria played like a team, not a one man show

http://bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/17195.pdf

For Iran Mousavi didn't play.

• This time Bulgaria played like a team, not a one man show

http://bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/17195.pdf

For Iran Mousavi didn't play.

most of starters didn't play (or played only few rallies) for Iran in second match. Mousavi. Tashakori (injured yesterday), Ghaemi, Ghafour and Marouf

• is everything ok with Tashakori?

Nothing serious but he probably will miss both matches in Russia. not a big blow for Iran. it was just his first time with A team but Velasco was planned to start with him. he is in search to find a second middle blocker behind Mousavi.

• Third and last friendly:

Argentina - Cuba 3:0 (25-22, 25-19, 25-18 )

Argentina: Juan Finoli (1), Bruno Romanutti (12); Pablo Crer (10), Sebastián Solé (8 ); Rodrigo Quiroga (18 ), Nicolás Bruno (2). Líbero: Facundo Santucci. Also played: Nicolás Uriarte, Federico Pereyra (1), Martín Ramos, Cristian Poglajen (2).

Cuba: Liam Sem Estrada (5), Rolando Cepeda (6); Danger Quintana (4), Isbel Mesa (7); Abrahan Alfonso (12), Lázaro Fundora (12). Líbero: Keiber Gutiérrez. Also played: Liván Osoria, Gustavo Leyva, David Fiel (2), Leandro Macías.

Many changes in Argentina (save MB's) and Bisset didn't play in Cuba. As expected, Cuba gets very weak in attack without this player.

• most of starters didn't play (or played only few rallies) for Iran in second match. Mousavi. Tashakori (injured yesterday), Ghaemi, Ghafour and Marouf

Good subs you have there, the whole team plays very good level of volleyball without big differences. I mentioned Mousavi, because he is your biggest star for me.

• Another 3:1 for Brazil against Russia (20/25, 20/25, 25/19, 17/25)

I'm not sure where to find the Russia roster or the stats for both matches, but I'll post them here if I do.

Brazil started with Bruno-Vissotto, Dante-Lucarelli, Éder-Maurício and Mário Jr in both games. Lipe (Fonteles), Wallace, William, Isac, Thiago Alves, Renan, Maurício (OH) and Alan also played.

• Another 3:1 for Brazil against Russia (20/25, 20/25, 25/19, 17/25)

I'm not sure where to find the Russia roster or the stats for both matches, but I'll post them here if I do.

Brazil started with Bruno-Vissotto, Dante-Lucarelli, Éder-Maurício and Mário Jr in both games. Lipe (Fonteles), Wallace, William, Isac, Thiago Alves, Renan, Maurício (OH) and Alan also played.

Do you know when Sidao and Lucas may come back?

• Do you know when Sidao and Lucas may come back?

I honestly don't know why Lucão isn't playing. lol It seems he traveled with the group to Moscow. Maybe Bernardo is saving him for the upcoming matches against Poland.

Sidão, from what I recall, had surgery on his back a while ago. I'm not sure when he'll come back, but I don't think he'll be playing the WL since a procedure like this takes time to heal.

• I honestly don't know why Lucão isn't playing. lol It seems he traveled with the group to Moscow. Maybe Bernardo is saving him for the upcoming matches against Poland.

Sidão, from what I recall, had surgery on his back a while ago. I'm not sure when he'll come back, but I don't think he'll be playing the WL since a procedure like this takes time to heal.

Oh, you're right, I completely forgot about Sidao's surgery :aww: