You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male

Favourite Team: Bulgarian NT, Neftochimik Burgas, Belogorie Belgorod, Sisley Treviso

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 2:27pm

Friendlies do not normally mean too much, but I don't know what to think about the Bulgarian NT now that their preparation games are over. Vlado Nikolov, now as a team manager, said that against Turkey yesterday they experimented with the roster and the tactics a bit, totally unaware of the result. He said, however, that we should be worried if we lose against Iran. I don't know the lineups, haven't checked them yet neither yesterday, nor today, seems like against Iran there were two parts of the game. I am not really worried about results, it would all matter this weekend when we see whether they have finally improved their serve efficiency and counter attack transition. The big problem of this NT is psychological, this... I doubt Placci can fix on the run. It would be better to not expect much, otherwise another disappointment might follow.
Our biggest opponent will be the draw. Our fans will want to see nothing but a semifinal and with this draw, it will be more difficult to get to the semis than to win the title. So the players will experience external pressure from the beginning and that's not their favourite thing. Our mentality is good when we play teams considered too good for us or too weak for us, when we play vs considered as equal opponents and if we add the pressure - we always struggle. Russia doesn't fit this profile because it is not considered equal to us but our playing style is very similar and we have to outmuscle them - therefore we'd need more luck than a positive mentality and mindset to do this. I even think that we can lose vs Germany. The good thing is that Poland has the same mentality and if we meet in the 1/4s (if this is possible) the team considered to be the underdog will actually be the favourite. But I don't see how Russia can be stopped in this part of the draw. The only teams that IMO can do that are in the other draw - Italy and especially Serbia (whose mentality is the opposite of ours, they might surprise us negatively by losing to a huge underdog in the group phase and then beating Italy in the semi. They are doing the same thing atm in Eurobasket).

I don't quite agree. Was the draw also problematic the last time at the ECH? We made it difficult for ourselves. If they are that scared of Russia, select another playoff, go beat Poland and there you go - semis. We have to earn that right to be in the semis. The last tournament Bulgaria impressed at was the Olympics and they still missed a medal there. Why? Because of weak mentality. OK, we are not technically super impressive, agree, I even think this team cannot achieve more than a bronze, but that's another point. They have lost to Italy several times now and Italy is no better team than Bulgaria. Therefore, three consecutive fourth finishes against teams that are not much better than yourself speak enough of a fragile mentality. I understand your point about Russia, but you can't play volleyball with fear. If they want medals, go beat Russia, they HAVE to do it sooner or later. How and why Italy is always getting an easier draw is a totally different topic.

The results of the friendlies have been fluctuating for most, if not all, of the teams. You can't say anything general, but as of Friday when they give 100% it will probably all go back to where we expect. I just can't see who the pleasant surprise of the tournament will be, maybe I would predict something more from France this year.
I don't think this is the proper topic for such talks, but anyway... some people can move it.

If we lose to Germany (which is possible) - we go to Russia in the 1/4s. Whatever you tell me - I don't see any way we can beat Russia unless Sokolov has a very good to monster game in serve and attack, Bratoev cuts the mistakes to minimum, our reception is stable and our serve is strong and stable all at the same time. For me, if this happens, it will be a semi-miracle. Even if we are not anxious and frustrated before the game, with positive attitude, I don't see how all of these factors will be present. Again, Russia for me is a bigger and stronger mirror image of Bulgaria and unless we play on 110% and they play below their 100% - we'll lose. (not saying Russia is unbeatable, but a difficult match-up for BG)

If we beat Germany, we go to Poland in the 1/4s where anything can happen as I said. 50/50, with the teams' emotional state, level of external pressure and the attitude with which they will enter the court the factors deciding the match. Then we go to a semi with Italy. So if we want to avoid Russia - we have to beat Germany, Poland, and Italy consecutively.

Therefore, if we want medals, we practically have to beat every single favourite ourselves. So the players would have to make the tournament of their lives, something like the Olympics, but harder because we add the accumulated pressure from fans, media, etc.

About the frendlies, I don't care about them at all. I'm not a member of Placci's staff, so I don't know what were his intentions. Actually, I'd be more worried if we won all of our friendlies.
The topic place is OK, I will leave it as it is due to the fact that we are still discussing outcomes of friendlies (to a certain extent). No need to flood the ECH section yet.

As I said, I only partly agree to the things you described. Bottom line of your comment is - we are dead as soon as we meet Russia and the draw is entirely guilty for that. Excuse me if I misinterpreted what you wanted to imply, but I can't find anything else and lost the idea behind the comment at some point. Don't get me wrong, I agree with the predictions about Germany, Poland and the rest, but I am trying to connect what you say with putting the blame on the "draw". If there has been any.

First, Russia might not enjoy a great tournament after all, just like they didn't two and four years ago, respectively. Second, it might be the case that neither Bulgaria, nor Russia wins the group. Third, it might be the case that Poland doesn't win its group. Fourth, if they are that scared of Russia, as I said yesterday, avoid them in the quarters, beat another team and there you go. OK, we won't face The Netherlands, for example, there is Poland waiting there, but it might be France just as well. Would it be the draw to blame again? Last, if we cannot beat Germany (nothing against Germany, they are a good team), then we are not ready for medals. As simple as that! Just like the failure against Slovakia two years ago. Criticized or not, Anastasi avoided Russia and got the bronze. So, there is always a way!

Quoted

Therefore, if we want medals, we practically have to beat every single
favourite ourselves. So the players would have to make the tournament of
their lives, something like the Olympics, but harder because we add the
accumulated pressure from fans, media, etc.
Not quite! Russia can be avoided, it that's what everyone wants. With a single great match against Poland (or France), we can get to the semis. They don't have to play each game at 100% to reach that phase, one single game would be enough, but we know theoretically they will play 100% every time. I don't think there is that much pressure right now, they haven't won a medal in years, I don't feel there is pressure piling up. And yes, quite often you have to make the tournament of your life to get at least on the podium, it goes like that :)

• "triglav_kran" is male

Favourite Team: They change every hour, every minute, every second. I'm a "whore" supporter

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 6:11pm

I think our arguments are based on you saying that the glass is half full and me that it is half empty.

The bottom line of my comment is that we are 90% certainly dead if we meet Russia and if we want to avoid them, we have to sweat our asses and beat consecutively Germany, Poland and Italy to pass to the final. And yes, I can't see anything else that is guilty except the draw.

About the strength of Germany - I'm not that aware of their current form but I think you underestimate them. I think they, together with France and Serbia are the best teams after the four of Russia-Italy-Poland-Bulgaria. And I think we would find it way more difficult to beat them than Serbia, imo (again, diffiicult match-up for us).

About the expectations - I hear people around me and read about people's expectations. There isn't such euphoria (like for the domestic WL and OG quallies) but the expectations are sth like "We have to finally play a final. If we are 4th in the Olympics and in the WL, how come we don't get a medal in the ECH?". Of course, the majority of our fans are not experts, just like the majority of everything, so this is expected way of thinking. And we really want a final - we had enough with lost semifinals and then a bronze or more regularly. a fourth place. I don't know how much these expectations will lead to pressure for the players and how would they feel this pressure.

The only good scenario comming to my mind is that if we beat Russia in the group stage when they can be still "asleep". Then we play vs. the winner of Germany-France in the quarters and possibly Serbia in the semis.

raylight

young padawan, defensive tackle

• "raylight" is male

Favourite Team: Levski

Favourite Players: Jekov, Nikolov, Кaziyski, Todorov,Tsvetanov, V.Bratoev, Zlatanov, Huantorena, Simon, Ball, Leon, Salparov

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 9:11pm

In the first stream of the ECH there are 2 strong teams and all other strong teams are in the second stream. Call that a balanced draw. They don't make such draws in basketball or football.
Full matches and volleyball videos from me:
http://www.youtube.com/user/raylight234/featured
http://vimeo.com/user9567204
http://www.dailymotion.com/user/raylight234/1

RESULTS:
The observed results indicate that, sooner or later, weight training leads to full recovery and as such is therapeutically indispensable. ... As a result, all the patients recuperated. ... All the patients who enrolled in the weight training programme were able to avoid back surgery.

TimHH

Master

• "TimHH" is male

Favourite Players: LLoy Ball, Pavel Zagumny, Nikola Grbic, Robertlandy Simon, Dmitry Muserskiy. Murillo Endres, Nikolay Pavlov, Luciano De Cecco

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 10:34pm

second match in Dessau:
Germany vs Italy 3:0 (29-27, 25-22, 25-18 )
Best scorers: Grozer (16), Birarelli (12)

just a friendly, i know, but nevertheless :thumbup:
never mess with your setter......

• "triglav_kran" is male

Favourite Team: They change every hour, every minute, every second. I'm a "whore" supporter

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 10:37pm

In the first stream of the ECH there are 2 strong teams and all other strong teams are in the second stream. Call that a balanced draw. They don't make such draws in basketball or football.
They do.

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male

Favourite Team: Bulgarian NT, Neftochimik Burgas, Belogorie Belgorod, Sisley Treviso

Wednesday, September 18th 2013, 10:00am

Quoted

About the strength of Germany - I'm not that aware of their current form
but I think you underestimate them. I think they, together with France
and Serbia are the best teams after the four of
Russia-Italy-Poland-Bulgaria. And I think we would find it way more
difficult to beat them than Serbia, imo (again, diffiicult match-up for
us).
Nope, I am not underestimating them. It comes to show you that you are practically scared of each opponent we will have :) Germany is, in fact, a great team, but if we cannot beat them, we are not ready for medals! Nothing more to discuss really. And you are also practically implying that Bulgaria needs to play in the company of Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Denmark and so on (no offence, just an example) in order to take a medal. Which I cannot take as true. Stronger opponents or not, if they have grown to win a medal, they will, as was the case back in 2009. Since then they missed several chances, either because of mental issues or technical inability. I am really bewildered that you take the draw as an excuse before the tournament has even started. I appreciate your opinion, even if totally different from mine, but, well, it's only yours ;)

overkiss

Rookie

Favourite Team: Russia , Cuba , Zarechie , Uralochka

Favourite Players: Kosheleva , Malykh , Zaryazhko , Shlyakhovaya, Malova, Ilchenko, Fetisova, Tetyukhin , Mikhaylov , Muserskiy

Wednesday, September 18th 2013, 10:58am

09/16/2013
Slovakia 1-3 Russia ( 17-25, 22-25, 19-25, 25-20 )
09/17/2013
Slovakia 1-3 Russia ( 20-25, 17-25, 20-25, 25-21 )
Both teams agreed to play an additional set.

• "charalampos" is male

Favourite Team: Olympiacos

Favourite Players: Manuela Secolo,Maja Ognjenovic,Brakocevic Jovana,Darnel Neslihan,Mitar Djuric,Ivan Miljkovic

Sunday, September 29th 2013, 11:13am

14.00: Belediyesi (TUR) – Olympiacos (GRE) 0-3 (23-25, 18-25, 21-25)
16.00: Galatasaray(Τουρκία) – CVM Τomis Constanţa (ROM) 3-1
14.00: Belediyesi (TUR) – CVM Tomis Constanţa (ROM) 0-3
16.00: Galatasaray (TUR) – Olympiacos (GRE) 1-3 (25-22, 26-28, 22-25, 16-25)
14.00: CVM Tomis Constanţa (ROM) – Olympiacos (GRE)
16.00: Galatasaray (TUR) - Belediyesi (TUR)
Gold medal - European League M 2013 Prediction Game
Bronze medal - European League M 2011 Prediction Game
Bronze medal - European League W 2010 Prediction Game

Bartek

Jesus I Trust In You

• "Bartek" is male

Favourite Team: Уралочка НТМК Екатеринбург

Saturday, December 28th 2013, 11:25pm

Spain Portugal 1-3

Slovakia Czech Republic 3-0
Prediction Game:

Gold Medals - 14

Silver Medals - 12

Bronze Medals - 9

Overall: 35

Details

• "elchicha" is male

Favourite Team: Spain NT, Germany NT, Japan NT

Favourite Players: Logan Tom, Saori Kimura, Jaqueline Carvalho, Yukiko Ebata, Amaranta Fernández, Helena Havelkova, Berenika Okuniewska, Madelaynne Montaño, Bethania de la Cruz, Nataliya Obmochaeva, Jéssica Rivero

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male

Sunday, December 29th 2013, 10:13pm

Bulgaria - Gubernia 2-3 (25-23, 23-25, 25-16, 25-27, 11-15) Sokolov 26, Aleksiev 18, V. Bratoev 9; Pavlov 22, Savin 15, Tyurin 11
Bulgaria - Gubernia 0-3 (23-25, 18-25, 25-27) Milushev 13, Aleksiev 13, Skrimov 13; Pavlov 12, Savin 12, Tyurin 12

Placci tried to rotate the squad as much as possible. Mostly Zhekov played as a setter in the first one, mostly Bratoev in the second one. Sokolov got some rest in the straight-set defeat due to shoulder precautions.

Bulgaria - Turkey 1-3 (25-23, 21-25, 24-25, 21-25) Sokolov 22; Metin Toy 19

Georgi Bratoev with the highest statistical score for the Bulgarian team. Aleksiev didn't play, Skrimov got injured, we don't know much more for the time being. One more game between these two teams tomorrow. All these three matches were played in Sofia.

It's gonna be a tough qualification weekend in Opava, these results are not optimistic at all, to say the least. The team makes a lot of mistakes. A positive sign is that these bad friendly results will make them cautious, we hope for a happy Sunday on the 5th of January.

raylight

young padawan, defensive tackle

• "raylight" is male

Favourite Team: Levski

Favourite Players: Jekov, Nikolov, Кaziyski, Todorov,Tsvetanov, V.Bratoev, Zlatanov, Huantorena, Simon, Ball, Leon, Salparov

Sunday, December 29th 2013, 11:34pm

I can't understand two things:

1) Why are we not the hosts to the qualificaiton - better hall, filled with 15000 for the matches, top 6 team in the world
2) Why the place is only one? In 2009 we had the same opponents - Czech Republic and Netherlands in Varna and there were 2 places for WCH, now we will have more teams in the finals, but we got qualificaiton with one place, instead of two. What is this mathematics? Are FIVB really that corrupt?
Full matches and volleyball videos from me:
http://www.youtube.com/user/raylight234/featured
http://vimeo.com/user9567204
http://www.dailymotion.com/user/raylight234/1

RESULTS:
The observed results indicate that, sooner or later, weight training leads to full recovery and as such is therapeutically indispensable. ... As a result, all the patients recuperated. ... All the patients who enrolled in the weight training programme were able to avoid back surgery.

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male

Monday, December 30th 2013, 10:20am

I can't understand two things:

1) Why are we not the hosts to the qualificaiton - better hall, filled with 15000 for the matches, top 6 team in the world
2) Why the place is only one? In 2009 we had the same opponents - Czech Republic and Netherlands in Varna and there were 2 places for WCH, now we will have more teams in the finals, but we got qualificaiton with one place, instead of two. What is this mathematics? Are FIVB really that corrupt?

1) We cannot host every single event possible. There will be tournaments or qualifications, which we will have to win away from Sofia. Finland is the only other qualification pool top team that won't host an event, Slovakia might have an advantage at home in Poprad.
2) Because the CEV qualification process is different. There were also nine teams from Europe (including the host Italy) at the 2010 WCH, but the 2009 European Championship didn't grant any quotas back then. Hence, eight teams from four qualification groups would fill the blanks. Now Russia and Italy skip the qualifiers as 2013 ECH finalists and we have five groups and five group winners. The only missing information for me is where we get the sixth vacancy from, perhaps the best second-ranked team will also qualify.

alex002

Trainee

• "alex002" is male

Favourite Team: Sisley Treviso, Brazil, CAJVB

Favourite Players: Gustavo. Giba, Marshall, Wlazy, Dante, Ricardo, N.Gribic, Nilsson

Monday, December 30th 2013, 11:03am

"The winner of each tournament plus the second-ranked team with the best score across
all five pools will get the right to represent Europe, As for the
women’s competition, the first-placed of each third round qualifier as
well as the two second-ranked teams with the best score across all pools
" cev.lu

TimHH

Master

• "TimHH" is male

Favourite Players: LLoy Ball, Pavel Zagumny, Nikola Grbic, Robertlandy Simon, Dmitry Muserskiy. Murillo Endres, Nikolay Pavlov, Luciano De Cecco

Monday, December 30th 2013, 5:12pm

Yesterday: Germany vs Belgium in Maaseik 3:2 (25-17, 23-25, 16-25, 30-28, 15-13)
Best german scorers: Denis Kaliberda (19), Jochen Schöps (18 ) and Sebastian Schwarz (17)
Sebastian Kühner and Michael Andrei made their debuts for NT.

Tonight there will be the second match. Heynen will will give playing time to each player and won't care too much about the result. He will announce his final 12 player roster on 2nd January.

TimHH

Master

• "TimHH" is male

Monday, December 30th 2013, 5:32pm

Bulgaria - Turkey 1-3 (25-23, 21-25, 24-25, 21-25) Sokolov 22; Metin Toy 19

:pinch: Just a friendly, i know, but i hope this result will make the german team cautious as well.

Gizmo

Beginner

• "Gizmo" is male

Monday, December 30th 2013, 6:19pm

Yesterday, The Netherlands - France 0/3 (22-25, 20-25, 21-25)

Info in lequipe.fr :
France. Ace : 6. Attack : 37/63. Block : 5. roster : Toniutti, Hardy-Dessources (5), Le Roux (7), N'Gapeth (8.), Lyneel (5), Rouzier (8.)
and Le Goff (2), Tuia (5), K. Tillie (3), Laffite (1), Sidibé (4). Libero : Grebrennikov. Not play : Redwitz, Rossard. Pays-Bas. Coach : L. Tillie.
The Netherlands. Ace : 6. Attack : 34/72. Block : 4. roster : Kooistra (3), Rauwerdink (4), Kooy (14), Klapwijk (14), Koelewijn (4)
and Abdelaziz (4), Harskamp, Ter Horst (1), Krolis, Andringa. Libero : Jorna. Not play : Van Bemmelen. Coach : Benne

Today, The Netherlands - France 0/3 (21-25, 23-25, 23-25)
France. Ace : 4. Attack : 43/78. Block : 6. roster : Redwitz (1), Hardy-Dessources (3), Le Roux (4), Ngapeth (16), K. Tillie (6), Rouzier (9)
and Toniutti, Le Goff (2), Tuia (5), Lafite (2), Sidibé (5). Libero : Grebrennikov. Not play : Lyneel, Rossard. Coach : L. Tillie.
Pays-Bas. Aces : 1. Attack : 41/85. Block : 8. roster : Kooistra (4), Rauwerdink (11), Kooy (16), Klapwijk (8.), Koelewijn (3), Abdelaziz (4)
and Harskamp, Krolis, Van Bemmelen, Andringa. Libero : Jorna. Not play : Ter Horst. Coach : Benne.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gizmo" (Dec 30th 2013, 11:14pm)

mosi

Intermediate

• "mosi" is male

Favourite Team: Iran NT, Italy NT, Japan NT, Bulgaria NT

Favourite Players: Alessandro Fei

Monday, December 30th 2013, 6:37pm

Maybe Because your federation decided to host the women's tournament. apparently each country can host only one tournament.

echo223

Beginner

• "echo223" is male

Favourite Team: eczacıbası,vakıfbank,arkas,halkbank,turkish nt

Monday, December 30th 2013, 9:13pm

does anyone know todays belgium germany match score?

TimHH

Master

• "TimHH" is male

Monday, December 30th 2013, 10:10pm

does anyone know todays belgium germany match score?

Germany again wins 3;2 (26-28, 28-26, 14-25, 25-17, 15-10)
Best german scorers: Christian Fromm (25), Grozer (19)

Social bookmarks