Friendly matches

• There are some links on sportlemon as the game is on the national television. I am sorry if my post comes too late, the third set is still on.

I got it, thank you! :flower:

• France - Bulgaria 1:0 and 13:11 in the second set. I don't like how Plamen Konstantinov is leading the team. It reminds me of Martin Stoev - no tactics explanation for all players, like Stoychev and Placi always did, zero defence, only the subs are good. I hope we will see better things at the world championship, but for now he is behing Placi and Stoychev.

There is little here I can agree with. Comparing Plamen to other coaches when he's been in charge for less than two months is hilarious. Second, the idea of these games is not to develop tactics, but to work rather on team chemistry after the three exhausting physical weeks. Third, we don't hear what Plamen says during the time-outs, so I will skip your remark whether they are discussing tactics or not. I am sure they are sometimes today, at least partially.

As for the game, the French team looks better overall and in a more advanced phase right now. Tillie was also in charge this year, so there's nothing really new in their team, it's normal for France to look better. Our guys look heavy, distracted, it's actually a typical training match. We've seen far better friendlies. I could save from critics only Penchev today, who looks funny in his pair of stockings. He looks like a girl :D I am not that worried about these games or results, they were even more tragic during the WL official games, so let Plamen experiment as much as he wants. They surely seem lazy, but the main goal comes in ten days.

About the Bratoev brothers. I will miss the setter Georgi more. In my opinion, he would be a better alternative for Zhekov even if he is underperforming. Dobromir Dimitrov would probably never get his chance and will always be a back-up. I have always like Gradinarov, but he has waited way too long for his time in the NT. Now he finally got it, but he lacks international experience. Probably the very same factor that Valentin Bratoev, with all his weaknesses, would've contributed. I am sure Plamen knows better, though. Gradinarov doesn't look in a better shape or condition than Bratoev, so I am a bit puzzled how come the reason is purely technical, not disciplinary. I didn't watch the HW Memorial, I don't know how Dobri Dimitrov played, I doubt he was much better than Georgi Bratoev. Anyway, the topic's closed, only one spot remains to be chosen now.

As for France, I am really trying to remember a single occasion when Toniutti was playing badly. I mean overall. It seems like there is no bad shape or no long weak period for this guy. Everything else in their side looks normal and quite in relevance to what they have been showing all year. Of course, some mistakes today are just of type "we are having a practice this afternoon".

• I don't agree with you. All these facts do not say why we don't have organized block or where did our defense system go. I personally saw Plamen Konstantinov with detailed instructions only for Zhekov.

P.S. This is my opinion about how the leading looks now. In two weeks it can change drastically with more matches to see.

Edit: Congratulations to France. I really liked their defense and setting. Sokolov was unstoppable, pulling him out caused the loss. Gradinarov disappointed. Salparov didn't receive well. Zhekov played strong game.

• I don't agree with you. All these facts do not say why we don't have organized block or where did our defense system go. I personally saw Plamen Konstantinov with detailed instructions only for Zhekov.

P.S. This is my opinion about how the leading looks now. In two weeks it can change drastically with more matches to see.

I know this is your opinion, that's fine, but perhaps it is only yours. Were you in Botevgrad to confirm you saw Plamen's instructions, or maybe in the locker room prior to the game? Last, you can watch the interview with Plamen after the game and compare what he said to what I wrote. Almost full accordance :wavy:Also, we can talk about systems when he spends enough time to build such. Then we can criticize him.

• Stoychev had words for every player from day 1 as long as I remember /and I remember/ May be you think Plamen is the cream of the crop, but I am not in heaven from our constant changes of coaches. May be is not his fault that he has little time, but then he shoud be spinning twice as fast to compensate. I don't see magic. I see finally some emphasis on physical preparation this year and good subs. And some questionable decisions to drop players from the team. Now even Gradinarov works hard for not going to Poland. And I remember some remarks about how defense is not so important /while he was in TV7 for WL matches/ and we should rely on serve and block. Serve and block don't win gold unless you have absolutely unstoppable attack /which we have only in Sokolov and when he is in top shape/ and make the minimal amount of errors. Russia started winning when they fixed the defense for example and they are the epitome of serve and block.

• I can see new tactic in Bulgarian team - have a great attack, but don't fall on the floor for defense - much like Lubo Ganev :D

• Matey Kaziyski can not be replaced on the left side.

Edit. We play too slow to be succesful with these spikers. Zhekov can play faster.

Our own jugdes help Brazil, spineless men.

• Brazilian setters :obey: Lucas with 15/15, Eder with 5/7, Sidao with 4/5 with 50% positive reception! I am sick of hearing "without reception we can't set to the MB".
    Stupid people, have you heard of technique? :wall:

http://bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/22397.pdf

• Brazilian setters :obey: Lucas with 15/15, Eder with 5/7, Sidao with 4/5 with 50% positive reception! I am sick of hearing "without reception we can't set to the MB".
    Stupid people, have you heard of technique? :wall:

http://bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/22397.pdf

Wow, these numbers look great :obey: I guess, Bernardinho gave some instructions before the match 8)

Technique of course is one side of the medal but especially this Bruno-Lucas combination is quite unique. They are of same age, probably played together on junior level and in club in Brazil and are virtually doing this for over a decade now. They can really play some great stuff, which i have hardly seen (in such regularity) on other setter/MB combos.......

• this pair just rocks and it would be a waste to send one of these guys on becch, Lucas' stats are awesome :cheesy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Bruno can set any ball to Lucão with his eyes closed, even slide attacks these days. They've been playing together for a long time now and it shows; Brazilian broadcasters always talk about this during transmissions. Too bad both suffer from anxiety in important matches, which ends up messing up their game, like last WL match against USA.

• It's not just them, I've seen countless situations with pass to the MB from bad reception, and not just Bruno, but also Marlon and Arjona and in the golden days 2002-2008 too. Argentian setters also can do that. I haven't seen it often with European setters. It's just not normal Brazil to play more with the MB than Russia, especially with Muserskiy and Volkov, when he was fit.

• Serbia was leading 16-11 22-19 in 1st set and lost it 22-25 :thumbsup: