Friendly matches

• Wha? Who is Klyuka?

OH/OP from 1995, from 2014 in Fakel Novy Urengoy :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• He is in Novy Urengoy since 2012 :) In fact Klyuka is Belarussian and played for BLR junior NT in 2012

I didn't know that. So he is, as Muserskiy and Butko, a "neutralized" "naturalized" player? That would be another reason for Butko's absence at ECH, since to my knowledge only two players of this kind are allowed in the roster.....

• Where were Poland's MB during the match?

Relax, they have played, though I would consider the combination of Nowakowski and a verb "to play". Yavor probably wrote down the best scorers.

Second game against Slovakia, opened for the fans and showed in tv: Slovakia - Poland 0:3 (19:25, 16:25, 20:25) additional sets: 0:2 (19:25, 18:25)
    Nice hall, nice atmosphere in hall! Slovakia didn't do much changes in roster while in team Poland all player got chance to play, in additional time of game played the second squad. Szalpuk was so awesome :heart: Kurek looked like terminator, like there was nothing that can affect him... I hope to see this side of him on ECh. Guys generally looked ok, I mean mentally, they smiled and it's visible that the amosphere in team is still great. And they say that physically they feel surprisingly well.
    I wouldn't be myself to not add that... of course Konarski is just spectacular, donnu why this guy pisses me off even in friendlies :cursing: Guys were fighting and spectacularly defended the ball just to give the point to Slovaks in the end because Konarski hit the ball straight on... single block :aww:

"People wait all week for friday, all year for summer, all life for happiness."

Edited once, last by bella ().

• I know that Yavor wrote only Best Scorers, can You imagine match without MB Bella? lol

But friendly or not, probably polish Setters can't play using MBs.

• I know that Yavor wrote only Best Scorers, can You imagine match without MB Bella? lol

Lol, so only you can be ironic here?

But friendly or not, probably polish Setters can't play using MBs.

Why? Because our MB wasn't among the best scorers in some friendly against Slovakia?

• Quoted from "Bartek"
    I know that Yavor wrote only Best Scorers, can You imagine match without MB Bella? lol

Lol, so only you can be ironic here?

Take a deep breathe, relax /I'm so happy I haven't Girlfriend/

• A 4-team friendly tournament started today in Székesfehérvár, Hungary. Participants: the hosts, Austria, Sweden, and Bulgaria B.

Bulgaria B - Sweden 3-2 (17-25, 18-25, 25-23, 25-22, 15-12) stats
    Hungary - Austria 0-3 (20-25, 23-25, 20-25)

A good game by the captain Velizar Chernokozhev and the youngster Martin Atanasov for Bulgaria.

• Day 2:

Bulgaria B - Austria 1-3 (23-25, 21-25, 29-27, 17-25) stats
    Hungary - Sweden 0-3 (20-25, 22-25, 21-25)

Good stats by Alexander Berger.

Meanwhile in France:

France - Iran 3-1 (25-19, 25-27, 33-31, 27-25)
    France - Iran 3-0 (25-20, 25-19, 25-21)

• Iran played 2 friendly games in Japan before the start of the OQs tournament with 2 other fellow teams who will participate in the same tournament.
    In the first game Iran defeated China 3-2 using mostly her second squad and in the second game which just finished hours ago Iran defeated Poland 3-1 (23-25, 25-21, 25-21, 25-19) I watched the game live and it looked anything but friendly, both teams were using their first squad players until the last set.

• Brazil won the first friendly in Argentina 3-0 (-22, -20, -21)

Well, overall it was better than I expected. Good performances from Nico Bruno and Gonzalez in reception (Bruno was good in attack too). Also our young opp Lima was pretty decent for this being his first international game of high level. This match also marked the debut of 18 year old OH Jan Martínez (son of Esteban Martínez, bronze medallist in Seoul), he played well the set and half he had inside court.

The bad performances were those of De Cecco (who had one of those days where he is very predictable, got replaced by Uriarte for the 3rd set) and unsurprisingly the MBs Ramos and Imhoff, who were incapable of reading the setting of Rezende and the timing in the spikes of Lucarelli and Wallace. Sole and Crer won't play the second match either, so no perspective of that aspect improving on saturday.

Other players that saw some playing time were Quiroga, Palacios and Poglajen, all pretty bad were blocked many times (please Facu get well soon, watching these guys is painful to my eyes).

• And Brazil wins the second friendly too 3:1 (28-26, 24-26, 25-17, 25-23)

Both teams used many different players throughout the match. In Argentina good performance of debutant MB Flores, in block and attack. Bad performances of all the attacking OHs, Quiroga, Palacios, Poglajen, none of them is remotely convincing. In Brazil good performance again of Lucarelli and Wallace, also William and Brendle played this time and did well too.

• Brazil's reception was tragic today, especially in the last set. The 5-1 inversion with Bruno and Wallace 100% stopped the game from going to a tie-breaker (it was 16-9 for Argentina at one point after all). Wish Douglas had some more playing time, he could've helped the team. From Argentina, nice game by Flores indeed!