Friendly matches

• 10th August
    Finland vs. Germany 1:3
    stats

11th August
    Finland vs. Germany 1:3
    stats

Apparantly Kaliberda did not take part. Don't know the reason.

• Seeeeee, some people wants to think World League and Grand Prix are worthless tournaments and they don`t understand why even exists.

But why teams are always playing so many friendly games? :whistle: And they all just played WL ....don`t they need rest after such a long and exhausting season???

Now imagine if there were not WG or WL, these teams would have to play even more and more friendly games....

• But why teams are always playing so many friendly games? And they all just played WL ....don`t they need rest after such a long and exhausting season???

Well, speaking for Italy, having skipped the WL final6 it's like a month (even more) that they just train-train-train.
    At a certain point you need to play vs a real opponent to asset your game condition. It would be very risky, imho, to start the ECh without playing an (almost) real match in 2 months!

• Well, speaking for Italy, having skipped the WL final6 it's like a month (even more) that they just train-train-train.
    At a certain point you need to play vs a real opponent to asset your game condition. It would be very risky, imho, to start the ECh without playing an (almost) real match in 2 months!

Exactly! But some people thinks they could just take off from the moment the club season is over, go on a vacation, do absolutely nothing, and then just show up for the whichever is the important tournament of the year such as OG, WCH, ECH etc.

• That Russia-France match didn't look competitive at all to me after Russia pulled out Mikhailov,Volkov, Volvich.

Butko did amazing though. Zhigalov was only good with the serve and frankly limited Butko's options when he cannot kill at all.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Any live links for the friendly between Brazil and USa today?

• Brazil - USA 3-0 (25/21, 26/24, 25/21)

Brazil: Bruno, Wallace, Lucão, M. Souza, M. Borges, Lucarelli, Brendle. (Raphael, Renan, Douglas, Rodriguinho)
    USA: Christenson, Patch, Smith, Jendryk, Jaeschke, DeFalco, E. Shoji. (Muagututia)

• So Brazil played the World League, just spend the whole week in Chile playing the CVS Championship and I`m assuming they arrived in Sao Paulo only yesterday and had to get up really early today to play at 10am, and they still win in 3-0. And they will fly to Manaus play one game on Tuesday, and then fly to the USA play on Friday and Saturday. And then go to Japan for the Champions Cup.

Well I think that is a lot, and probably way too much considering this is a older team with players over 30 and a couple/mostly of them had no summer off in a long long time.

But at the same time, this shows why they are the the best team in the world. I don`t think there`s any other team in the world that could keep up with all this, especially if they had won GOLD at the OG. Simply no one can keep up with them. :heart:

A lot of teams can not even play 3 games in a row in the WL ( just like when Bulgaria had to rest their starters in the game against Brazil because the trip from Bulgaria to Argentina was too long, and they could not play 3 games in a row at the same level....and this applies to other teams as well).

This is what Champions are made of - HARD WORK.

• Will USA call back Anderson and Holt? (There is also Russell to consider, but I guess he is still recovering, or better, finding is shape back...)

Yes, Anderson, Holt and Russell will be playing against Brazil this weekend and I think they will be at Champions Cup as well. Not sure if he`s 100% recovered but he is listed to play.

and do you know what team Italy will send to the Champions Cup? A or B?

• Brazil - USA 3-0 (25/21, 26/24, 25/21)

Brazil: Bruno, Wallace, Lucão, M. Souza, M. Borges, Lucarelli, Brendle. (Raphael, Renan, Douglas, Rodriguinho)
    USA: Christenson, Patch, Smith, Jendryk, Jaeschke, DeFalco, E. Shoji. (Muagututia)

If anyone comes across a video of the match please share- thanks.

• If anyone comes across a video of the match please share- thanks.

Here is the match: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCqgDVi93pE

• Yes, Anderson, Holt and Russell will be playing against Brazil this weekend and I think they will be at Champions Cup as well. Not sure if he`s 100% recovered but he is listed to play.

and do you know what team Italy will send to the Champions Cup? A or B?

Nice to know that Russell is ok or at least quite close to be! :flower:

I strongly believe we will play with the same team of the ECh (or very similar), at least that's what everybody seem to suggest.
    So, the answer is Italy A, unless with 'Italy A' you meant 'Italy with Zaytsev and Juantorena' ;)