Friendly matches

• Polska - Bułgaria 3:2 (25:23; 19:25; 19:25; 26:24; 15:12)

nightmare lives on. Swiderski is out for at least couple of months-he broke his Achilles tendom ;( god please bless our team during WCH qulification :cursing: this season is a nightamre a real nightamre i want it finish pleas ;/

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Poland Won 3rd and the last fiendly match with Bulgaria

Polska - Bułgaria 3:1 (25:22; 25:13; 26:24; 21:25)

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• brazil and the usa will play 5 friendly matches on september (22, 23, 25 ,26 and 26th) in brazil

• Ziraat Bankası in Italy

Ziraat Bankası Men’s volleyball team goes to Italy in order to play friendly matches against strong Italian teams within the preparations of new season

Ziraat Bankası played the first friendly match against Trentino Volley, will play the second match with Italy A2 league team Massa Carrara. Then they struggle to Modena on September 22nd. Ziraat will complete the preparations in Italy by competing with A1 team Bre Banca Lannutti Caneo on September 24th.

• The U.S. Men’s National Volleyball Team will be in Montes Claros and Uberlandia, Brazil next week for a series of five exhibition matches.

Originally, the two teams were supposed to be competing in the America’s Cup tournament, but that was cancelled due to the timing of the NORCECA Men’s Continental Championship (Oct. 12-18 in Puerto Rico).

U.S. Head Coach Alan Knipe (Huntington Beach, Calif.) said he and Brazil Head Coach Bernardo “Bernardinho” Rezende discussed the possibility of playing the “friendly” matches while both teams were at the FIVB World League Final Round in July.

Brazil went on to win the 2009 World League title, which the United States had won the year before.

“Brazil has been on top of volleyball for a while except for a few matches,” Knipe said. “For us to train and compete with them is really a great opportunity. They play a great system and we play a great system. It will be a learning experience.”

The two teams have not faced each other since the championship match at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing. However the U.S. team that won the gold medal is very different from the one that will compete this year in Brazil. Only four players from that team are on the roster: middle blocker and team captain Tom Hoff (Park Ridge, Ill.), libero Rich Lambourne (Tustin, Calif.), outside hitter Riley Salmon (League City, Texas) and outside hitter Scott Touzinsky (St. Louis, Mo.).

Many of the U.S. players have already joined their overseas club teams.

“We’re going in with guys we hope will greatly benefit from playing Brazil this many times,” Knipe said. “You get to reassess the match immediately, make changes and then play again.”

Two young U.S. setters – Brian Thornton (San Clemente, Calif.) and Jonathan Winder (Irvine, Calif.) – will pace the team in Brazil.

“It is going to be really interesting for us as far as how they respond,” Knipe said. “They are very different in their skill sets and what they bring to the floor.

“They are doing a great job in the gym or they wouldn’t be going.”

Outside hitter Matt Anderson (West Seneca, N.Y.) will be back with the U.S. Men after recovering from a bout of pneumonia that kept him out of the second half of World League.

“Part of regaining your level of play is the reps and the mental part of getting back out there and doing it,” Knipe said.

According to a Brazilian press release, the players representing Brazil will be setters Marlon and Sandro, opposites Leandrão, João Paulo and Theo, outside hitters Murilo, Thiago Alves and Maurício, middle blockers Lucas, Éder, Sidão and Tiago Barth and liberos Serginho and Mário Jr.

U.S. Men’s National Volleyball Team
    Tour of Brazil

U.S. Roster
    No. Name (Position, Height, Hometown, College)
    1 Matt Anderson (OH, 6-10, West Seneca, N.Y., Penn State)
    4 Brian Thornton (S, 6-3, San Clemente, Calif., UC Irvine)
    5 Rich Lambourne (L, 6-3, Tustin, Calif., BYU)
    6 Paul Lotman (OH, 6-7, Lakewood, Calif., Long Beach State)
    7 David Smith (MB, 6-7, Saugus, Calif., UC Irvine)
    8 Andy Hein (MB, 611, Carol Stream, Ill., Pepperdine)
    9 Jonathan Winder (S, 6-8, Irvine, Calif., Pepperdine)
    10 Riley Salmon (OH, 6-6, League City, Texas, Pierce College)
    11 Robert Tarr (Opp, 6-6, Cape Canaveral, Fla., Long Beach State)
    12 C Tom Hoff (MB, 6-8, Park Ridge, Ill., Long Beach State)
    15 Russell Holmes (MB, 6-8, Fountain Valley, Calif., BYU)
    16 Jayson Jablonsky (OH, 6-5, Yorba Linda, Calif., UC Irvine)
    18 Scott Touzinsky (OH, 6-6, St. Louis, Mo., Long Beach State)
    19 Alfee Reft (L, 5-10, Oxnard, Calif., Hawai'i)

Competition Schedule
    Sept. 22 in Montes Claros, 7 p.m. local, 3 p.m. PT
    Sept. 23 in Montes Claros, 7 p.m. local, 3 p.m. PT
    Sept. 25 in Uberlandia, 7 p.m. local, 3 p.m. PT
    Sept. 26 in Uberlandia, 5:30 p.m. local, 1:30 p.m. PT
    Sept. 27 in Uberlandia, 10 a.m. local, 6 a.m. PT

• Slovakia - Bulgaria 3:2 today, Bulgaria without Nikolov, Kaziyski, Yosifov, Tsvetanov, Salparov, Sokolov, but with Yordanov and Todorov. I thought that these two guys will make Slovakia suffer more :what:
    Todorov is the top - scorer of the game with 14 pts - 10 in attack with 4 blocks. Martin Nemec from Slovakia with 13 pts
    (ace, attack, block):
    Jekov - 5,(2,2,1)
    Yordanov - 13 (0, 12, 1),
    Alexiev - 9 (0, 9, 0),
    V.Bratoev - 2 (0, 2, 0),
    Teodor Todorov - 14 (0, 10, 4),
    N.Nikolov - 10 (0, 8, 2),
    N.Penchev - 10 (2, 6, 2),
    N.Uchikov - 3 (0, 3, 0),
    Stanev - 4 (0, 2, 2),
    А.Simeonov - 7 (0, 7, 0),
    S.Gotsev - 1 (0, 0, 1),
    Surprisingly low level of blocks, only 13 for 5 sets, too low for our standarrd. I don't have numbers for Slovakian players, only Nemec's points
    Pts distribution:
    Setters - 9 pts
    Outside hitters - 28
    Opposites - 16
    Middle Blockers - 25
    Total - 78
    112 pts for Bulgaria - 34 errors for Slovakia

• The slovakian numbers differ from ours :D
    http://www.svf.sk/Default.aspx?CatID=667&NewsID=5197

• 1st Friendly Match

Turkey 2 - 3 Slovenia (25-23, 27-29, 28-26, 16-25, 8-15 )

2nd Friendly Match

Turkey 3 -0 Slovenia (26-24, 25-20, 25-22)

Source: Turkish Volleyball Federation

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Slovakia - Bulgaria 2:3 in the official friendly match. Slovakia was leading with 2:0 and 21:17 in the third set, when Bulgaria woke up and showed them class to beat 15:9 in the tiebreak after Yordanov's decisive aces at the end

• Alexiev with 75% in attack - 24/32 :set:

• See! No one ever believes me when I say Alexiev is a good player, but he is!

Oh and Holland beat Belgium 5-0 and then lost 3-2. They played twice before but don't remember, although I know that they both won one there too. Dick Kooy is apparently absolutely unstopable. Blanche has been playing:Van Harskamp, Klapwijk, kooistra, Bontje, Horstink, Rauwerdink and Maan as starting 7. Trommel Freriks and Kooy as mentioned apparently are doing well as subs. In fact, our whole B-team is a quite strong team with van Dijk, Lorseheijd, Vlam and the others just mentioned.

• See! No one ever believes me when I say Alexiev is a good player, but he is!

Oh and Holland beat Belgium 5-0 and then lost 3-2. They played twice before but don't remember, although I know that they both won one there too. Dick Kooy is apparently absolutely unstopable. Blanche has been playing:Van Harskamp, Klapwijk, kooistra, Bontje, Horstink, Rauwerdink and Maan as starting 7. Trommel Freriks and Kooy as mentioned apparently are doing well as subs. In fact, our whole B-team is a quite strong team with van Dijk, Lorseheijd, Vlam and the others just mentioned.

Do you have some stats to look? :)
    Can I ask you to defeat twice Brazil instead of Bulgaria? :dance6:

• Do you have some stats to look? :)
    Can I ask you to defeat twice Brazil instead of Bulgaria? :dance6:

Well, Bulgaria is quite capable to beat Brazil, we have done it couple of times we can do it again..so it will be interesting :P

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Well, Bulgaria is quite capable to beat Brazil, we have done it couple of times we can do it again..so it will be interesting :P

I wish u good luck! :D

• Well, Bulgaria is quite capable to beat Brazil, we have done it couple of times we can do it again..so it will be interesting :P

What I meant was "Beat them instead of beating us" We can take 1 or 2 victories from Brazil, that's for sure

• Nikic Milos should have played. He is very good