Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• By the was, German tv rights holder decided today to show the indoor soccer tournament "poldi and friends " instead of the match.
    As a Volleyball Country, i think we got what wie deserve....

• Great to see Berezhko and Markin proving they deserved this call

Let's see how France will cope with this, but one thing is already clear, Rouzier has no backup, so he must improve in order to France take it

• congratulations for both Russian teams which booked tickets to Rio :wavy:

so we'll see France and Poland in Japan
    these 2 + Japan + loser of Canada-Cuba + Venezuela (were they 2nd in CSV ?( ) will play there

who'll be last 3 teams (Asian ones) ?( Iran, China and Qatar like in Asian Championships ?(

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• congratulations for both Russian teams which booked tickets to Rio :wavy:

so we'll see France and Poland in Japan
    these 2 + Japan + loser of Canada-Cuba + Venezuela (were they 2nd in CSV ?( ) will play there

who'll be last 3 teams (Asian ones) ?( Iran, China and Qatar like in Asian Championships ?(

No they are Iran, AUS and China, it is chosen from FIVB ranking

• No they are Iran, AUS and China, it is chosen from FIVB ranking

Thank You ^^ tournament doesn't have to be so easy, I'd exclude only Venezuela and maybe Cuba from fight for spots :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Thank You ^^ tournament doesn't have to be so easy, I'd exclude only Venezuela and maybe Cuba from fight for spots :whistle:

Please take into consideration (8 participants): three tickets for best teams + one more ticket for best Asian team

FIVB : The best ranked Asian team and the top three ranked teams from this tournament will qualify for the Olympics.

• They've definitely played World League games in Japan... As much as I wish to send France and Germany there, I think that Russians and Polish players will bring joy of their appearance to the Japanese fans once again.

As old Yuri Cherednik says during the tie-breaks, "Нужно верить в победу". Well done France for excellently snatching the ticket to Japan from the boring russkies. I personally enjoyed how Earvin Ngapeth was laughing at his 40-y.o. vis-a-vis in the group stage game. No doubts, the Gods of Volleyball found it extremely entertaining too.

A very Dinamo Moscow game, as one of us hoped it would be yesterday. Calling the OHs from Grankin's team to the NT has proved to be a correct step, which in a way echoed an old-style approach whereby the NT would be based just around a single team from the Superleague. I don't know if this was Alekno's secret weapon or it just happened so. The curious thing was that Alekno wouldn't take challenges on line violations by the French (I have counted six episodes in the fourth set, two from Ngapeth, three from Rouzier, one from Marechal from the service). The chap was afraid of breaking the rhythm of the game, I presume. Once it was just a side-out, he would simply not bother.

• Guys, do you know anything about the format of the Tokio tournament?

8 teams will play with each other, then the best ranked Asian + remaining best 3 teams would go to Rio.
    Practically they would be France and Poland + 2 of Iran, Japan, AUS, Chian and Cuba which I think have almost the same chance.

• Considering where the Russian team was during the World League, Alekno is that great of a coach. With a few changes in the roster, he got them to Rio.

For the Tokyo tournament, France and Poland, Iran and Japan are my favorites to go through.

• 8 teams will play with each other, then the best ranked Asian + remaining best 3 teams would go to Rio.
    Practically they would be France and Poland + 2 of Iran, Japan, AUS, Chian and Cuba which I think have almost the same chance.

Thanks. So to qualify Poland will have to play 23 matches. Whose idea was that? :wall: