Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• Hope Canada will not regret throwing away one point against the weakest team of the tournament today...

:rolll: ?( :gone:

Aussies the weakest team on tournament? U must be joking & trolling. Aussies fully deserved point, Edgar and Roberts were really good, Zingel also but they choked in 5th.

• IMHO Australia is not that weak. :whistle:

For sure not as weak as they appeared to be against Iran.
    With Edgar on fire/having a good day they are a dangerous team. Canada absolutely failed to install a proper defence against him and imho they should be rather happy about yesterday's two points, as they could have gone out with zero points as well.

Canada had their momentum against Poland and especially against iran and if, after the tournament, they will miss some points they should regrett having lost both of these matches.

• They're just one step above Venezuela, without Edgar and Zingel they're about the same level of Tunisia.

France w/o N'Gapeth & Rouzier are on The Netherlands level or Canada w/o Schmitt and Perrin are on Venezuela level :drink:

Good display by the Poles, very confident and stabile. I have to praise Japs, they were digging deep even it was clear they are going to lose.

• Hmmm, It's a little bit early to talk about the ranking, but I predict a very hot battle on the very last day :teach:
    If every thing goes as I like in the next two days (mean Iran beat JPN and CHN), Poland will secure their spot in that day (5th day). and Iran will face them on 6th day which is good. (and Iran will be practically in Rio on the fifth day cause of last day match vs. VEN)

And the fascinating aspect of the story is that all the matches (except 2) between other 4 favorites (CAN, AUS, CHN, JPN) is on the last 3 days of the tournament. Moreover, on the last day AUS and JPN will play vs. already qualified Poland and France. So, there would be a very dramatic ending for this story. :D :D :wavy:

• Hmmm, It's a little bit early to talk about the ranking, but I predict a very hot battle on the very last day :teach:
    If every thing goes as I like in the next two days (mean Iran beat JPN and CHN), Poland will secure their spot in that day (5th day). and Iran will face them on 6th day which is good. (and Iran will be practically in Rio on the fifth day cause of last day match vs. VEN)

And the fascinating aspect of the story is that all the matches (except 2) between other 4 favorites (CAN, AUS, CHN, JPN) is on the last 3 days of the tournament. Moreover, on the last day AUS and JPN will play vs. already qualified Poland and France. So, there would be a very dramatic ending for this story. :D :D :wavy:

Good thinking but for this scenario several things should coincide. There are many combinations and I doubt clear cut favs will take easy victories. It's a pity more people isn't discussing here about this subject.

• Good thinking but for this scenario several things should coincide. There are many combinations and I doubt clear cut favs will take easy victories. It's a pity more people isn't discussing here about this subject.

Other people work at that time of the day :D Those events in Asia are impossible to follow during the week. I watched too little until now to be able to say anything relevant. And nothing live actually, only replays on YouTube. So I am counting on you to get some updates ;)

• Most of the matches on the East Coast in America take place in the middle of the night. If the Japan match would start earlier, I wouldn't be late to work in the morning.

Anyways. Point potentials for the remaining 4 matches.

1. Poland 3 wins, 7 points, max 7 wins, 19 points
    2. France 2 wins, 7 points, 6 wins, 19 points
    3. China 2 wins, 6 points, 6 wins, 18 points
    4. Iran 2 wins, 5 points, 6 wins, 17 points
    5. Canada 1 win, 4 points, 5 wins, 16 points
    6. Australia 1 win, 4 points, 5 wins, 16 points
    7. Japan 1 win, 3 points, 5 wins, 15 points
    8. Venezuela 0 wins, 0 points, 4 wins, 12 points

Poland's toughest remaining match is Iran on Saturday. Even if they lose that they'll have 6 wins in my mind
    France should beat the remaining teams on their schedule. If they get to 5 wins, they should qualify
    China play Poland and Iran on Wednesday and Thursday. I think that they will lose both of those matches and make 4 wins their maximum target
    Iran's next two matches will determine their Olympic fate, win them both, they'll be at 4 wins before Poland and then Venezuela on the final day. A loss to China puts their position in doubt.
    Canada except for the France match on Thursday, Canada should be favored to beat the remaining teams. Should get to 4 wins
    Australia still has France and Poland, plus Japan and China. I can't see Australia getting more than 3 wins at most right now
    Japan basically in must win matches the next two days against Iran and Australia. If they win those, a win against Canada gets them to 4 wins, but facing France on the final day. If France is already qualified do they put out their best team?
    Venezuela is dead at this point, still mathematically alive, but need a lot of help.

My expected results right now.
    1. Poland
    2. France
    3. Iran
    4. Canada

• That`s why I love that they are streaming all the matches on youtube, and I can "watch later", but of course there`s nothing than watching it live. I watched later Poland vs France, but when I saw the video was over 2:30h, I knew it was a long 3-1 or tie break.

I hope all the Grand Prix matches will be streamed on youtube.

• France playing "bad" again but still winning.

It would be interesting if Japan can upset Iran somehow, it would spice things up for the last rounds. But meh not likely.

• "Weak" Australia with Staples, Carroll, Bell, Guymer, Walker & Zingel almost took a point vs France. They are far from convincing, obvioulsy tired so IMO they just want to secure ticket to Rio ASAP. Carroll had monster match, 34 pts with 67% eff :obey:

• I am impressed as well! The first minutes of this tournament I watched live were worth it, the score made me go online. No matter the outcome today, China is the pleasant surprise of the tournament.

• I am impressed as well! The first minutes of this tournament I watched live were worth it, the score made me go online. No matter the outcome today, China is the pleasant surprise of the tournament.

The most pleasant surprise of the tournament for me. I remember them from last year WL and tight matches vs Greece, Slovakia, loss to Montenegro. Guo Chen prepared them brilliant, Dai Qing Yao is a hell of player, Geng Xie also