Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• A similar situation in POL vs VEN but not at a crucial moment. The ref stops the game and shows that Kubiak has touched the net. Antiga takes a challenge which shows that he has touched it but the ball was already in the court. The point goes to VEN because they don't check whether Kubiak has made a mistake, they check whether VEN has touched the next, which they hasn't. So, nobody makes a mistake (apart from the ref.) 8| but the point goes to VEN.

• Why even after the challenge did Iran get the point? And the Chinese reacted like nothing had happened, although it was just their chances of getting to the Olympics on stake.

Simply because Chinese coach asked for Mahmoudi's net foul and that "No touch" means Mahmoudi didn't touch the net. it's weird people didn't notice that.

• A similar situation in POL vs VEN but not at a crucial moment. The ref stops the game and shows that Kubiak has touched the net. Antiga takes a challenge which shows that he has touched it but the ball was already in the court. The point goes to VEN because they don't check whether Kubiak has made a mistake, they check whether VEN has touched the next, which they hasn't. So, nobody makes a mistake (apart from the ref.) 8| but the point goes to VEN.

Saw that but in IRN-CHN match mistake was @14:14 in 5th set and video showed Chinese player didn't touch the ball. Still, hope to see them beating Canada after they calculated today.

Regarding that am I the only one who founds Hoag logic as idiotic? How he can be sure they'll beat Japan and China?

• Simply because Chinese coach asked for Mahmoudi's net foul and that "No touch" means Mahmoudi didn't touch the net. it's weird people didn't notice that.

I doubt anyone understood Guo Chen and what he asked. Video shows Chen didn't touch the ball. Maybe I'm wrong but purpose of video is to show what happened. Here is clear China is robbed

• This is hardly Hoag's first idiotic decision.

Still remember how everyone in team Canada, himself most of all, was celebrating the 2-0 against Iran like they just won the whole thing, of course they ended up throwing it away.

• I doubt anyone understood Guo Chen and what he asked. Video shows Chen didn't touch the ball. Maybe I'm wrong but purpose of video is to show what happened. Here is clear China is robbed

First rules are rules, when you ask for a challenge , they only check the specific thing you asked for, not the whole rally !

and maybe you have to check the video again, it only shows when the ball is coming back to the Iranian court, not the whole thing only because they were only looking for the net touch and Chinese coach didn't complain even a bit since he knew what he asked for. They didn't even check if the blocker touched the ball or not.

• On the challenge system we need a sign for the coaches, to say I am challenging the following
    1. Opposition touched the net
    2. Opposition touched the ball on block
    3. Ball landed in
    Etc.

It would help everyone in the arena know what they are looking for.

• This is hardly Hoag's first idiotic decision.

Still remember how everyone in team Canada, himself most of all, was celebrating the 2-0 against Iran like they just won the whole thing, of course they ended up throwing it away.

I could understand his decision if they have to play Japan tonight but after playing 1st match day before in 3 sets. Japan won't surrender eventhough they lost chances to go to Rio not to mention China arent pushovers

They will probably beat Japan but China is completely unpredictable.

Japan beat them on World Cup 3:0 with Schmitt in squad

http://www.fivb.org/vis_web/vo…WC2015/MWC2015_p2-021.pdf

• First rules are rules, when you ask for a challenge , they only check the specific thing you asked for, not the whole rally !

and maybe you have to check the video again, it only shows when the ball is coming back to the Iranian court, not the whole thing only because they were only looking for the net touch and Chinese coach didn't complain even a bit since he knew what he asked for. They didn't even check if the blocker touched the ball or not.

Commentator said: Challenge for China, they are asking did ball hit one of their players or the attack wasn't over

I believe he had better information about challenge purpose

• On the challenge system we need a sign for the coaches, to say I am challenging the following
    1. Opposition touched the net
    2. Opposition touched the ball on block
    3. Ball landed in
    Etc.

It would help everyone in the arena know what they are looking for.

Everything related with FIVB is controversal. Your suggestion is a good one but in this case everything is visible. I'm totally neutral about this matter, in fact Iran is one of my favorite teams but this is not way to win a match

• So, as things stand now:

-Poland qualified
    -France and Iran 90% too
    -Canada and China head to head
    -Australia about to play an elimination match to know if they will still have chance
    -Japan needs a miracle, to beat both AUS and CAN with 3 points and also get some from FRA in the last match.

• Everything related with FIVB is controversal. Your suggestion is a good one but in this case everything is visible. I'm totally neutral about this matter, in fact Iran is one of my favorite teams but this is not way to win a match

In the NFL (American Football), the coach tells the referee what he wants challenged, the referee then announces to the stadium, what the coach wants.
    Right now the coach tells the down referee, but they only tell the officials and replay guys, not the arena or announcing team. The NFL version makes is clear to everyone watching in the stadium or at home. Makes it better all of us. We all like the challenge system, but it still needs tweaking to make it better for fans and broadcasters.

• So, as things stand now:

-Poland qualified
    -France and Iran 90% too
    -Canada and China head to head
    -Australia about to play an elimination match to know if they will still have chance
    -Japan needs a miracle, to beat both AUS and CAN with 3 points and also get some from FRA in the last match.

France and Iran just need one win each in the final 2 matches to qualify
    If China and Canada win on Saturday, winner take all on Sunday
    If Japan beat all three teams, get to 4 wins and 12 points, need China-Canada to go 5 and also China to drop points or match to Australia on Sat
    Australia playing Poland on final day, not good for them to get 4th spot. Poland may not care on Sunday having already clinched Rio ticket. Japan may be in same position with France on Sunday too.
    Potential for a 3 or 4 way tie at 3 wins and/or 9 points for the 4th spot, if weird things happen

• In the NFL (American Football), the coach tells the referee what he wants challenged, the referee then announces to the stadium, what the coach wants.
    Right now the coach tells the down referee, but they only tell the officials and replay guys, not the arena or announcing team. The NFL version makes is clear to everyone watching in the stadium or at home. Makes it better all of us. We all like the challenge system, but it still needs tweaking to make it better for fans and broadcasters.

I know what is NFL :D kidding, nhf :drink: NFL version is way better while FIVB leaves space for wrong interpretation just in this case.

• Ok then, as I said before. Iran is in a good position to give Rio ticket by defeating China and Japan.

• I doubt anyone understood Guo Chen and what he asked. Video shows Chen didn't touch the ball. Maybe I'm wrong but purpose of video is to show what happened. Here is clear China is robbed

I actually thought that coaches/staff are already chosing the "challenge category" via this new and highly innovative tablet? I remember a commentator talking about 7 categories to chose from the tablets software? But i could have got it wrong as well....