Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• Ah, sorry if this was already posted but this is truly a gem of the new FIVB administration:

Attribution of points
    FIVB approved the proposal that in case the team hosting the Olympic Games participated in a previous World Cup then they would keep the World Ranking points gained at the previous World Cup

So Brazil will not lose their points for the 2011 World Cup. We are stuck with Brazil as world number 1 for another 3 years.

• You aren't better than FIVB.

You wrote sometimes. For FIVB that would mean sometimes Vice from Europe one time per 12 years and always Vice from NORCECA and AVC.

Rules must be clear.

Rules are clear !
    see examples :

World Champion fm Europe and the same European Champion fm Europe means European vice Champion goes to OG /instead of add. continental tournament/.
    World Champion fm South America, World Cup winner other team fm South America so even third team fm continental Championship is able to qualify to OG

• I like it (especially world league ticket) !

• The pools for the OQT are now official:

Pool A Germany, Poland, Bulgaria, Slovenia
    Pool B Russia, Serbia, France, Finland

As expected, the host team gets the easiest group, while already in the qualification pools one between Russia, Serbia and France will be out of the games.

• You spend too much time on world of volley dubious volleyball "news" sites. They already corrected themselves. Let the ECH be played and after that you can start crying again.

• You spend too much time on world of volley dubious volleyball "news" sites. They already corrected themselves. Let the ECH be played and after that you can start crying again.

I'm really getting tired of your attitude now. My "crying" for this planned Olympic farce is none of your business. Besides my team is already qualified to Rio, unlike someone else.

• This is based on the current CEV ranking, but after ECH 2015, it will be changed. However, one may estimate what the pools will look like, by observing the points in the CEV ranking table, deducting the points from 2011 ECH, and adding a reasonable estimation for the points from 2015 ECH.

1. FRA should remain 5th (excluding GER and ITA), so FRA will be in pool B.

2. RUS has large chance to remain in top 2, hence also in pool B. (unless they finish significantly lower than two of SRB/POL/BUL in ECH 2015)

3. Among SRB,POL,BUL, the one finishing best in ECH 2015 will get into top 2, and get into pool B, the other two will rank 3rd and 4th in CEV ranking (again, excluding GER and ITA), and be with GER in pool A.

4. The last two spots will be competed for among FIN, SVK, BEL. It looks like SVK will be out.

• From 9 to 11 CSV OQT with Argentina, Venezuela, Colombia and Chile.

1st will go to Rio, 2nd to Japan, 3rd to Easy Tournament.

Will be Circus.

• Looking for schedule ARG VEN is on day 3, day earlier is VEN COL.

So Venezuela must decide.

To lose to COL and automatic to ARG or to win v COL and fight v ARG to be in Rio.

Curious how that will end.

• They would be very stupid to do so, because according to what I saw at south american championship last week, there are good chances that Chile beats Colombia.

• First Day of South American qualifiers:

Argentina-Colombia 3:0 (-13, -19, -13)

Chile-Venezuela 2:3 (18-25, 21-25, 25-20, 27-25, 11-15)

• Day 3:

Chile-Colombia 3:2 (34-36, 25-20, 25-18, 28-30, 15-10). Chile goes to intercontinental tournament for final spot.

Argentina-Venezuela 3:2 (25-12, 22-25, 25-12, 25-27, 15-12). Yeah, I don't have any logical explanation for this result either. It was a mix of the heat, the crowd enthusiasm and Argentina just brainfarting in key moments. There was a moment by the end of the 4th set when suddenly it got tight (Argentina was in the way to close it, but brainfart happened) and Conte fell and seemingly tore his ankle... I think I shit my underwear in that exact moment... fortunately he could still play and we escaped a big embarassment.

• Day 3:

Chile-Colombia 3:2 (34-36, 25-20, 25-18, 28-30, 15-10). Chile goes to intercontinental tournament for final spot.

Argentina-Venezuela 3:2 (25-12, 22-25, 25-12, 25-27, 15-12). Yeah, I don't have any logical explanation for this result either. It was a mix of the heat, the crowd enthusiasm and Argentina just brainfarting in key moments. There was a moment by the end of the 4th set when suddenly it got tight (Argentina was in the way to close it, but brainfart happened) and Conte fell and seemingly tore his ankle... I think I shit my underwear in that exact moment... fortunately he could still play and we escaped a big embarassment.

Unless Argentina used the exact same team during the World Cup, the South American Championships and the Olympic Qualifier? Those guys would be on fumes after playing basically non-stop for 1 month, plus the travel.

• Unless Argentina used the exact same team during the World Cup, the South American Championships and the Olympic Qualifier? Those guys would be on fumes after playing basically non-stop for 1 month, plus the travel.

No, the South american ch. was played with a B team. They just screwed up in this one, everyone can have a negative day. Curiously also Venezuela was Argentina's only "bad" match at the World Cup (and also that match played out very similar to this one, with Argentina winning 2 sets by a large difference then incredibly losing other 2).