Men's World Championship 2018

• That second set could've beeen disastrous for Russia. That lefty Zhigalov saved them in the service line.

Maxim as usual all business. The OHs are a inconsistent. Kliuka making too many errors.

Kovalev i don't like but he did well in set 3. They were practically in-system anyway.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Goddaaamn, France is playing without Ngapeth and Tillie and they're still so ridiculously good :obey:

Yes they look good but german team makes it too easy for them too. Kampa and Grozer need to step up their game. They just get blocked much too often. Giani demanded more risk in serve and attack but so far this doesn't work out.....

• Fromm has a terrible spiking form and approach. So easy to read. Maybe that's why Kampa has been playing more predictable.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Fromm has a terrible spiking form and approach. So easy to read. Maybe that's why Kampa has been playing more predictable.

Yeah, Fromm looks awkward in almost everything he does but he often get things done in his very special way. And tonight he is not the main problem. Grozer, Kampa, Böhme and Steuerwald are all massively underperforming. France doesn't even need to work much for their points.......

EDIT: 13 blocks for France after two sets :white:

• Goddaaamn, France is playing without Ngapeth and Tillie and they're still so ridiculously good :obey:

I haven't followed the match so I'm not sure who is actually playing, but it's not a surprise to me: Lyneel and Clevenot were among the best OH in Superlega this season!

• I haven't followed the match so I'm not sure who is actually playing, but it's not a surprise to me: Lyneel and Clevenot were among the best OH in Superlega this season!

Yeah, and I like them both too! I was just thinking how fast and cohesive their game was already at this point of the year, and that's without three of their key players. But it's not like Germany gave them too much trouble as TimHH said. :whistle:

It turns out Slovenia vs. Belgium was the best game of the day after all. :D

• France did a good job but IMO Germany handed them the match very easily. Grozer must have played the worst match of his life, Kaliberda was much worse than his stats suggest and most of all the team looked so frustrated and without any spirit. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes, it didn't look good at all today on the court. Nothing at all...

• I haven't followed the match so I'm not sure who is actually playing, but it's not a surprise to me: Lyneel and Clevenot were among the best OH in Superlega this season!

French team showed their usual strenghts on block/defence but generally didn't need to shine much tonight. German team made it very easy for them. Boyer is an amazaing athletic talent and could become the longterm solution for them for the opposite position. Still a bit a raw, but very promising and spectacular player......

German performance was pretty disappointing. No rhythm, no energy and no idea of how to win the game. Too many players way below 100%.......
    Biggest disappointment were probably Kampa, Grozer and Böhme, guys who should usually lead the team. Hardly any positives tonight and i was really looking forward to this match :(

• Yeah, Fromm looks awkward in almost everything he does but he often get things done in his very special way. And tonight he is not the main problem. Grozer, Kampa, Böhme and Steuerwald are all massively underperforming. France doesn't even need to work much for their points.......

EDIT: 13 blocks for France after two sets :white:

I'm not saying he played badly but I just wish he was more in rhythm with his attack.There are times his momentum carries him through which makes the blockers read the play even clearer.

#FreeBritney

• France did a good job but IMO Germany handed them the match very easily. most of all the team looked so frustrated and without any spirit. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes, it didn't look good at all today on the court. Nothing at all...

i'm completely agree. looks like they dont want to play together . the worst seems to be the "connection " Kaliberda-Grozer

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• it seems that KAZ barely squeaked by PAK (IND withdrew so it was just a 3 team tournament).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIVB_Volleyball_Men's_World_Championship_qualification_(AVC)

sad that fivb is so corrupt -- asia probably deserves a 5th spot. KOR is still better than the 4th-5th place NORCECA. even africa doesn't need 3 spots.

• Tomorrow, the battle for the last WCH spot in Belgium will start. Only the strongest survives.... :super:

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…tion.aspx?ID=976&PID=1525

Streams on laola will be available from Saturday on.
    EDIT:
    All Estonian matches are said to be streamed on this site: http://sport.postimees.ee/section/150

Compared to WL, Kaliberda and Kampa will come back to the german team. While this may add some individual quality, i still have serious doubts, whether this will be enough to win this tournament. There were just too many flaws in WL performances and i wonder, whether Giani could work them all out during last weeks.

• From these 6 teams, which do you think are out of contention? Just Slovakia and Belarus?
    I dont see any clear favourite in this stage. I think Germany, Estonia, Belgium, and Spain has the same chances, just Belgium a slight one because they are host.

• That´s why I asked. I didnt remember the name of the team which was in the way to surprise Russia in the 2nd round.
    Anyway, Belgium won 3 x 0 against Slovakia (-24, -13, -15). The hosts had a 9 point lead in the first set, but somehow, the slovaks tied the game.

• Estonia can endanger Germany. Don't forget they had 1:0 and 22:19 vs Russia in 2nd round :whistle: :teach: IMO Belgium is the biggest fav for 1st place :olympia:

I like the Estonian team, but I am not sure I have faith they can do it, not with Germany having Kampa, Kaliberda and Fromm.