You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Favourite Team: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

Favourite Players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio,Micah Christenson, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Haruka Miyashita, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Sunday, May 28th 2017, 9:10pm

That second set could've beeen disastrous for Russia. That lefty Zhigalov saved them in the service line.

Maxim as usual all business. The OHs are a inconsistent. Kliuka making too many errors.

Kovalev i don't like but he did well in set 3. They were practically in-system anyway.

TimHH

Master

• "TimHH" is male

Favourite Players: LLoy Ball, Pavel Zagumny, Nikola Grbic, Robertlandy Simon, Dmitry Muserskiy. Murillo Endres, Nikolay Pavlov, Luciano De Cecco

Sunday, May 28th 2017, 9:22pm

Goddaaamn, France is playing without Ngapeth and Tillie and they're still so ridiculously good :obey:

Yes they look good but german team makes it too easy for them too. Kampa and Grozer need to step up their game. They just get blocked much too often. Giani demanded more risk in serve and attack but so far this doesn't work out.....
never mess with your setter......

Favourite Team: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

Favourite Players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio,Micah Christenson, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Haruka Miyashita, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Sunday, May 28th 2017, 9:35pm

Fromm has a terrible spiking form and approach. So easy to read. Maybe that's why Kampa has been playing more predictable.

TimHH

Master

• "TimHH" is male

Favourite Players: LLoy Ball, Pavel Zagumny, Nikola Grbic, Robertlandy Simon, Dmitry Muserskiy. Murillo Endres, Nikolay Pavlov, Luciano De Cecco

Sunday, May 28th 2017, 9:45pm

Fromm has a terrible spiking form and approach. So easy to read. Maybe that's why Kampa has been playing more predictable.

Yeah, Fromm looks awkward in almost everything he does but he often get things done in his very special way. And tonight he is not the main problem. Grozer, Kampa, Böhme and Steuerwald are all massively underperforming. France doesn't even need to work much for their points.......

EDIT: 13 blocks for France after two sets :white:

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Sunday, May 28th 2017, 9:56pm

Wow. I was sceptical when I read about Giani's idea how he wants the team to play, but watching this I want Heynen back ASAP!!!

Kk15

Master

• "Kk15" is female

Favourite Team: Italian NTs – Trento

Sunday, May 28th 2017, 10:17pm

Goddaaamn, France is playing without Ngapeth and Tillie and they're still so ridiculously good :obey:

I haven't followed the match so I'm not sure who is actually playing, but it's not a surprise to me: Lyneel and Clevenot were among the best OH in Superlega this season!

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Giba, Murilo, Lucarelli, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth; Fê Garay, Sheilla, Fabi, Logan Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Kosheleva

Sunday, May 28th 2017, 10:31pm

I haven't followed the match so I'm not sure who is actually playing, but it's not a surprise to me: Lyneel and Clevenot were among the best OH in Superlega this season!
Yeah, and I like them both too! I was just thinking how fast and cohesive their game was already at this point of the year, and that's without three of their key players. But it's not like Germany gave them too much trouble as TimHH said. :whistle:

It turns out Slovenia vs. Belgium was the best game of the day after all. :D
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Sunday, May 28th 2017, 10:33pm

France did a good job but IMO Germany handed them the match very easily. Grozer must have played the worst match of his life, Kaliberda was much worse than his stats suggest and most of all the team looked so frustrated and without any spirit. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes, it didn't look good at all today on the court. Nothing at all...

TimHH

Master

• "TimHH" is male

Sunday, May 28th 2017, 10:41pm

French team showed their usual strenghts on block/defence but generally didn't need to shine much tonight. German team made it very easy for them. Boyer is an amazaing athletic talent and could become the longterm solution for them for the opposite position. Still a bit a raw, but very promising and spectacular player......

German performance was pretty disappointing. No rhythm, no energy and no idea of how to win the game. Too many players way below 100%.......
Biggest disappointment were probably Kampa, Grozer and Böhme, guys who should usually lead the team. Hardly any positives tonight and i was really looking forward to this match :(

Sunday, May 28th 2017, 10:51pm

Yeah, Fromm looks awkward in almost everything he does but he often get things done in his very special way. And tonight he is not the main problem. Grozer, Kampa, Böhme and Steuerwald are all massively underperforming. France doesn't even need to work much for their points.......

EDIT: 13 blocks for France after two sets :white:
I'm not saying he played badly but I just wish he was more in rhythm with his attack.There are times his momentum carries him through which makes the blockers read the play even clearer.

• "le coq gaulois" is male

Favourite Team: Béziers Angels

Favourite Players: Ludmila Da Silva, Osmokrovic,Svetlana Dukule, Aleesha Deesing,Nootsara Tomkom, Fe Garay

Monday, May 29th 2017, 8:19am

France did a good job but IMO Germany handed them the match very easily. most of all the team looked so frustrated and without any spirit. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes, it didn't look good at all today on the court. Nothing at all...
i'm completely agree. looks like they dont want to play together . the worst seems to be the "connection " Kaliberda-Grozer
Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

Tuesday, June 6th 2017, 3:20am

Draw for AVC qualification

Pool A: Iran (host), China, South Korea, Qatar, Central Asia
Pool B: Australia (host), Japan, Chinese Taipei, Thailand, New Zealand

Central Asian team will be between Kazakhstan, India, Pakistan or Kyrgyzstan !

one team between Iran, China or Korea will miss the World Championship, Japan and AUS look safe in Pool B which is much easier. even Qatar and Central Asia team (IND or KAZ) are probably stronger than the other 3 teams in Pool B.

it seems that KAZ barely squeaked by PAK (IND withdrew so it was just a 3 team tournament).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIVB_Volleyball_Men's_World_Championship_qualification_(AVC)

sad that fivb is so corrupt -- asia probably deserves a 5th spot. KOR is still better than the 4th-5th place NORCECA. even africa doesn't need 3 spots.

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male

Favourite Team: Bulgarian NT, Neftochimik Burgas, Belogorie Belgorod, Sisley Treviso

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 10:29am

Kortrijk, Belgium, will host the final round of the European qualifiers in the period 19-23 July.

TimHH

Master

• "TimHH" is male

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 3:52pm

Tomorrow, the battle for the last WCH spot in Belgium will start. Only the strongest survives.... :super:

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-Area/Compe…ID=976&PID=1525

Streams on laola will be available from Saturday on.
EDIT:
All Estonian matches are said to be streamed on this site: http://sport.postimees.ee/section/150

Compared to WL, Kaliberda and Kampa will come back to the german team. While this may add some individual quality, i still have serious doubts, whether this will be enough to win this tournament. There were just too many flaws in WL performances and i wonder, whether Giani could work them all out during last weeks.

Setter: Lukas Kampa, Jan Zimmermann

Opp: Simon Hirsch, Daniel Malescha

MB: Marcus Böhme, Tobias Krick, Michael Andrei, Noah Baxpöhler

OH: Christian Fromm, Denys Kaliberda, Moritz Reichert, Ruben Schott, Egor Bogachev

L: Julian Zenger

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TimHH" (Jul 18th 2017, 6:49pm)

Leonardo.D

Intermediate

• "Leonardo.D" is male

Favourite Team: Argentina NT (men), Russia NT, Lube Banca Macerata, Zenit Kazan, Unilever, Rabita Baku,

Favourite Players: Facundo Conte, Luciano De Cecco,Sebastián Solé, Marcos Milinkovic Maxim Mikhaylov, Sergey Tetyukhin, Sokolova, Gamova, Sheilla Castro, Takeshita, Del Core,tRosir Calderon, Daymi Ramirez, Lo Bianco, Stacy Sykora

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 7:29pm

From these 6 teams, which do you think are out of contention? Just Slovakia and Belarus?
I dont see any clear favourite in this stage. I think Germany, Estonia, Belgium, and Spain has the same chances, just Belgium a slight one because they are host.

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Giba, Murilo, Lucarelli, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth; Fê Garay, Sheilla, Fabi, Logan Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Kosheleva

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 7:40pm

It is probably between Germany and Belgium, let's be real.

Kaziyski

Bulgarian NT hater declared by dido1302

• "Kaziyski" is male

Wednesday, July 19th 2017, 9:31am

Estonia can endanger Germany. Don't forget they had 1:0 and 22:19 vs Russia in 2nd round :whistle: :teach: IMO Belgium is the biggest fav for 1st place :olympia:
Shiva :heart:

Leonardo.D

Intermediate

• "Leonardo.D" is male

Favourite Team: Argentina NT (men), Russia NT, Lube Banca Macerata, Zenit Kazan, Unilever, Rabita Baku,

Favourite Players: Facundo Conte, Luciano De Cecco,Sebastián Solé, Marcos Milinkovic Maxim Mikhaylov, Sergey Tetyukhin, Sokolova, Gamova, Sheilla Castro, Takeshita, Del Core,tRosir Calderon, Daymi Ramirez, Lo Bianco, Stacy Sykora

Wednesday, July 19th 2017, 4:46pm

That´s why I asked. I didnt remember the name of the team which was in the way to surprise Russia in the 2nd round.
Anyway, Belgium won 3 x 0 against Slovakia (-24, -13, -15). The hosts had a 9 point lead in the first set, but somehow, the slovaks tied the game.

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Wednesday, July 19th 2017, 4:52pm

Estonia can endanger Germany. Don't forget they had 1:0 and 22:19 vs Russia in 2nd round :whistle: :teach: IMO Belgium is the biggest fav for 1st place :olympia:
I like the Estonian team, but I am not sure I have faith they can do it, not with Germany having Kampa, Kaliberda and Fromm.

Kaziyski

Bulgarian NT hater declared by dido1302

• "Kaziyski" is male

Wednesday, July 19th 2017, 7:04pm

Germany is simply horrible, lost set 22:25 after being up 21:17. In 2nd almost lost after 21:15. Tragic, Giani is useless :aww: Belgium is taking WCH card, I dont have any doubts now
Shiva :heart:

Social bookmarks