2016 FIVB World League

• The Dutch setter probably picked the easiest option for himself under pressure. His back sets were not that precise. Also, the Dutch coach was too slow to react -- letting four straight points to slip away from the same player!

• The Dutch setter probably picked the easiest option for himself under pressure. His back sets were not that precise. Also, the Dutch coach was too slow to react -- letting four straight points to slip away from the same player!

Honestly, I've watched a few of their matches since Vermeulen joined the team as coach and to me he looks uninterested all the time. I'm not sure if it'd even make a difference whether he was on court or not. I kinda feel bad for the players.

• Holy shit Hugo Gaspar still plays??

Now I feel old... I remember like yesterday when I was young and Portugal was winning against the likes of Poland or Argentina and Nuno Pinheiro was the new rage.

• Holy shit Hugo Gaspar still plays??

Now I feel old... I remember like yesterday when I was young and Portugal was winning against the likes of Poland or Argentina and Nuno Pinheiro was the new rage.

This made me look back to the 2002 WCH again, I can't believe Nuno Pinheiro was just 17 back then :what: And let's not forget Joao Jose, my favourite :)

The second set of the final in Division II, running right now, was the evidence why Canada is just too good for these teams there. They trailed by 4 points till the middle of the set and won it by 3. Their transition works great and Sanders is just playing with the opposition's block. Let alone the fact that they are barely using their opposite. So the audience should now have plenty of time to leave the hall and watch the football final :D

I don't understand why there is no Challenge system for the finals of the Division II... It would've made a difference yesterday.

• Portugal is still far, faaaaar from Elite level. The same can be said to the rest of the teams too.
    Glad to see Canada going up to where they belong. Now I wonder how Slovenia will perform in Group 2 next year. :D

• Portugal is still far, faaaaar from Elite level. The same can be said to the rest of the teams too.
    Glad to see Canada going up to where they belong. Now I wonder how Slovenia will perform in Group 2 next year. :D

I agree. Portugal do not belong to 1st divison. I dont know when they will start to look to the future and introduce new players. Joao (OH) is the only newblood in Portugal, except setters.

About Canada, i see two problems: 1- they dont have a good Opp as sub. I hope Gavin can be fit in OG. 2- MBs are not so good in block, and that's make things harder from them, specially in their defensive system.

I liked Netherlands. They had a bad day against Portugal, but i watched some games and they had some good players. But i dont think they will get to 1st divison in near future.

Next year i just hope FIVB can change the rules (like they do everey year :aww: ) and Germany can be in 2nd divison. Germany deserve to play with better teams.

If Slovenia continue to plays like this, i see them in 1st division in 2018 :drink:

• I don't like the idea of benching Lanza to have Zaytsev as OH. I mean they can't play with 2 attacking OHs, someone has to pass.. If they wanna play with Zaytsev and Vettori than, Osmany should be replaced with Lanza.. Filippo is the only one who can receive and he shold be on court in every combination

• Actually Osmany can receive quite well. If i remember right, there were not too many OHs above him in the receiving stats og italian league.

But i agree, in every aspect, Italy does not look very comfortable as a team. But brazil is doing a good job so far too and doesn't leave too many chances for them :thumbup:

• Easy win for Brazil. They looked really sharp and seem to be on a good way.

Hard to say anything positve about Italy. They really looked slow and tired and not focussed at all. Maybe thats due to the current stage of their physical preparation but still the lack of any automatism in their play should make them think a bit.

• Despite being enormously talented team ;they can't receive ( ok I understand he has some serious shoulder problem which affects his attacking but what happened to Juantorena's receiving?), they can't block, setter is very confused desperate, trying to find solutions by himself, they can't serve. Players are trying to do something with individual efforts. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Totally underperform against top teams :roll:
    This is the story of two teams; Lube Civitanova and Italian National team. :white: :whistle: I officialy give up.

• I can't believe how empty the stadium is for a Poland game.

read some comments and it's because tickets are so expensive :!:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game