You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

brahmin

Master

• "brahmin" is male

Favourite Team: USA Men NT, USA Women NT, Japan Women NT

Friday, November 6th 2015, 1:07pm

So essentially with 3 groups of 12, shouldn't there be multiple teams promoted and relegated?

Great choices by the FIVB, Qatar and Chinese Taipei. I guess that they are the only ones that have passed FIVB Media and Stadium tests for the World League.

arman

Intermediate

• "arman" is male
  • "arman" started this thread

Favourite Team: Iran

Favourite Players: Klemen Cebulj, Michal Kubiak, Adel Gholami, Jenia Grebennikov

Saturday, November 28th 2015, 6:18pm

dates and cities:

kondzio

Prediction Game Mod

• "kondzio" is male

Favourite Team: Impel Wrocław, ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle; NTs Male: POL, RUS, BRA; NTs Female: POL, DOM, JPN, BRA, ITA, RUS

Favourite Players: Jeoselina Rodriguez, Kasia Skowrońska, Kasia Mroczkowska, Kosheleva, Jaqueline, Takeshita, Saori, Kurek, Igła, Bociek, Mikhaylov, Muserskiy, Moroz, Lucas

Thursday, December 10th 2015, 8:00pm

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

arman

Intermediate

• "arman" is male
  • "arman" started this thread

Favourite Team: Iran

Favourite Players: Klemen Cebulj, Michal Kubiak, Adel Gholami, Jenia Grebennikov

Tuesday, February 2nd 2016, 9:46pm

Relegation/promotion process is like last year. link (only 1 team)
So 2017 edition will be held with 12 teams per group.

LDvolley

Professional

Favourite Team: Argentina NT, Bolivar, Cuba NT

Favourite Players: Conte family, De Cecco, Zaytsev, Simón, León

Wednesday, February 3rd 2016, 12:40am

I just hope we manage to win 1 game and Australia or Belgium loses all, only way we stay in division I with this unbalanced schedule.

brahmin

Master

• "brahmin" is male

Wednesday, February 3rd 2016, 1:52am

I just hope we manage to win 1 game and Australia or Belgium loses all, only way we stay in division I with this unbalanced schedule.

I am guessing that the Serbia match will be the closest chance for a win.

LDvolley

Professional

Favourite Team: Argentina NT, Bolivar, Cuba NT

Favourite Players: Conte family, De Cecco, Zaytsev, Simón, León

Wednesday, February 3rd 2016, 4:10am

I am guessing that the Serbia match will be the closest chance for a win.

I think vs Iran (in Rio) is the most "winneable", but now they have Lozano/Cichello so IDK. Another one could be Italy since they tend to relax sometimes against lower tier teams. All other matches are outright impossible or near to.

TimHH

Master

• "TimHH" is male

Favourite Players: LLoy Ball, Pavel Zagumny, Nikola Grbic, Robertlandy Simon, Dmitry Muserskiy. Murillo Endres, Nikolay Pavlov, Luciano De Cecco

Monday, February 29th 2016, 1:01pm

Germany will organize the final tournament of group 3. It will take place on 1./2. July in Frankfurt. Germany plus the best three teams of preliminary round will qualify.
So far, it is planned that Vital Heynen will still coach the team in World League and that the new coach will be appointed afterwards. Imho, not a great solution......

Group 3 preliminary rounds:

A in Slowenien: Slowenien, Tunesien, Venezuela, Katar
B in Mexiko: Mexiko, Spanien, Montenegro, Deutschland
C in Griechenland: Kasachstan, Griechenland, Taiwan, Puerto Rico
D in Griechenland: Slowenien, Puerto Rico, Griechenland, Katar
E in Tunesien: Mexiko, Venezuela, Montenegro, Tunesien
F in Kasachstan: Kasachstan, Deutschland, Spanien, Taiwan

source: http://www.volleyball-verband.de/index.p…12mb07at8t0kn04
never mess with your setter......

Kaziyski

Bulgarian NT hater declared by dido1302

• "Kaziyski" is male

Monday, February 29th 2016, 4:14pm

WL is becoming 3rd level competition... I can't understand why is FIVB inviting teams like Qatar, Chinese Taipei or Kazakhstan. They wont increase quality, especially Kazakhstan, just opposite.

36 teams are way too much..
Shiva :heart:

brahmin

Master

• "brahmin" is male

Tuesday, March 1st 2016, 2:53am

WL is becoming 3rd level competition... I can't understand why is FIVB inviting teams like Qatar, Chinese Taipei or Kazakhstan. They wont increase quality, especially Kazakhstan, just opposite.

The World Championships have 24 teams. I really don't think that 36 is too bad, but the quality of the teams after the the top group or 2 drops quickly. If the African teams and Asian teams are beating lower level European teams, that is a good sign that they are improving their play, which improves the overall play of the sport.

In my ranking system Egypt has been the best African team and the highest that they have ever got was #15. Even now they are #19 with all of the political turmoil.

As for Asia, Iran right now is highest at #8 (has been #7 last year), Japan had only high #10 (now #17) as their high. Kazakhstan only has gotten as high as #33 (now #36), Chinese Taipei #35 (now #40), Qatar hit #35 last August (now #37)

Greece basically have fallen off the map after hosting the 2004 Olympics, had been #5 at the end of 2004 and now they are #34.

The FIVB Ranking system is titled to those that play in bigger tournaments, so it is hard for the lower level teams to move up unless they win.

Tuesday, March 1st 2016, 7:16am

I have to disagree with you.

They won`t increase quality RIGHT NOW, but they need to gain experience right now, and the only way to do that is "playing". If they can`t play now because of their low level, that means they will never will.

The World Championship should have 32 teams and Olympics 16.

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male

Favourite Team: Bulgarian NT, Neftochimik Burgas, Belogorie Belgorod, Sisley Treviso

Tuesday, March 1st 2016, 11:49am

The FIVB Ranking system is titled to those that play in bigger tournaments, so it is hard for the lower level teams to move up unless they win.
True! And I believe it should stay that way. Let's take a comparison to FIFA. Any football team that scores 3-4 consecutive wins in a qualifier could get , let's say, 10 positions higher in the ranking. And why? They will probably do so even if they eventually fail to qualify for that tournament, be it a continental or a world championship. Here I am referring to teams like Belgium, Colombia, Wales, etc., which didn't really win anything but are positioned higher than powerhouses with recent semifinals/finals.

In volleyball, ranking points are mostly gathered by good results in big tournaments, just as you said. Which, to me at least, seems quite logical and maybe fairer. Where I see a problem is when FIVB takes these rankings to invite ONLY higher placed teams for Olympic qualifications, for instance. It was the most recent example.
I have to disagree with you.

They won`t increase quality RIGHT NOW, but they need to gain experience right now, and the only way to do that is "playing". If they can`t play now because of their low level, that means they will never will.

The World Championship should have 32 teams and Olympics 16.

This moment might come one day but not yet. We don't have so many good teams for a world championship these days, while an increase in the number of Olympic volleyball participants, albeit a great idea for all fans, will change the structure of the whole Games and the idea of the Olympic volleyball tournament itself.

brahmin

Master

• "brahmin" is male

Wednesday, March 2nd 2016, 12:54am

YavorD, for me the biggest problem with the FIVB Ranking system is that really is not an in progress ranking. For the qualifying for the World Championships, it can take over up to two years, but you only get your points after the end of the entire tournament.

My ranking system uses matches on a daily basis and also regional strength. So I think that it does a good job of breaking down the overall field of teams playing volleyball on a daily basis. Is it wrong at times yes, but it is right 74.6% of the time (going back to 2002).

But the biggest problem in improving teams from bad regions is getting them outside of their region. Before the expansion to 28 teams, 18 was the most teams in the World League. But we had 16 for a while. Africa at most had only had 1 country playing (Egypt). Egypt had to perform well just to get a second spot for Africa. During the 16 team era, Asia fluctuated between 2-3 teams.

Now with the expanded World League, the weaker regions and team get a chance to play against other countries from outside their federation.

The FIVB is trying to get more people to watch the game. I can see that Graca wants to get the World Championships to 30, 32 or 36 teams in the future. He has not said that, but this is a first step.

Bartek

Jesus I Trust In You

• "Bartek" is male

Favourite Team: Уралочка НТМК Екатеринбург

Wednesday, March 2nd 2016, 1:40pm

Very good decision.

FIVB should take every Country which wants to play in World League and create many levels using FIVB Ranking.
Prediction Game:

Gold Medals - 14

Silver Medals - 12

Bronze Medals - 9

Overall: 35

Details

Agguerro

Intermediate

• "Agguerro" is male

Favourite Team: Sada Cruzeiro, Brazil NT (M and F), China F team (2004-2008), Italy F team (2007), Chinese W team (current)

Favourite Players: Lucarelli, Cuban women's team 2000, Montano, Jacqueline, Fe Garay, Thaisa, Sheila, Fabiana, Logan Tom, Musavi, Sokolov, Fecundo Conte, Ngapeth, Del Core, Zhou Suhong, Anderson

Friday, April 1st 2016, 7:36pm

world league 2016 final round tickets

Anyone now of an agent or somewhere I can get tickets to go and watch the finals in Krackow? Any help would be appreciated

:sos:

Friday, April 1st 2016, 9:12pm

Anyone now of an agent or somewhere I can get tickets to go and watch the finals in Krackow? Any help would be appreciated

The ticket sale starts on April 20.

https://www.ebilet.pl/sport/

Agguerro

Intermediate

• "Agguerro" is male

Favourite Team: Sada Cruzeiro, Brazil NT (M and F), China F team (2004-2008), Italy F team (2007), Chinese W team (current)

Favourite Players: Lucarelli, Cuban women's team 2000, Montano, Jacqueline, Fe Garay, Thaisa, Sheila, Fabiana, Logan Tom, Musavi, Sokolov, Fecundo Conte, Ngapeth, Del Core, Zhou Suhong, Anderson

Saturday, April 2nd 2016, 12:33am

Thank you:-)

Agguerro

Intermediate

• "Agguerro" is male

Wednesday, April 20th 2016, 9:25am

Hey, are you sure? I went onto the site today super early so s not to miss out, but there is nothing!!! :sos: :sos:

Thursday, April 21st 2016, 6:48pm

Hey, are you sure? I went onto the site today super early so s not to miss out, but there is nothing!!! :sos: :sos:

The site is the official one recommeded by Polish Volleyball Association. They always anounce when ticket sale starts. There is nothing about WL there at the moment so the sale hasn't started yet. Check their facebook for the announcement.
https://www.facebook.com/Polska-Siatk%C3…08821582462937/

kondzio

Prediction Game Mod

• "kondzio" is male

Favourite Team: Impel Wrocław, ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle; NTs Male: POL, RUS, BRA; NTs Female: POL, DOM, JPN, BRA, ITA, RUS

Favourite Players: Jeoselina Rodriguez, Kasia Skowrońska, Kasia Mroczkowska, Kosheleva, Jaqueline, Takeshita, Saori, Kurek, Igła, Bociek, Mikhaylov, Muserskiy, Moroz, Lucas

Friday, May 6th 2016, 7:03pm

Polosh list for WL:
S: Fabian Drzyzga, Grzegorz Łomacz, Paweł Woicki
OP: Bartosz Kurek, Dawid Konarski, Maciej Muzaj
OH: Michał Kubiak, Rafał Buszek, Mateusz Mika, Bartosz Bednorz, Artur Szalpuk, Wojciech Żaliński
MB: Mateusz Bieniek, Karol Kłos, Piotr Nowakowski, Marcin Możdżonek, Andrzej Wrona, Bartłomiej Lemański
L: Paweł Zatorski, Piotr Gacek, Damian Wojtaszek
Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Social bookmarks